where have all the smart, nice members gone ?

rumak

10 hours ago, scottiejohn said:

Is what a "Seinfeld episode".  Which of the previous 117 post is your comment in reference to and what is a Seinfeld episode anyway?

"rumak" seems to be proving his point when the question of where are the "smart" people is asked!

Oh dear

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, geriatrickid said:

No doubt you may disagree. Here's a simple proof of my position: How many senior managing directors, or multinational enterprise executives post in this forum? How many people who are under the age of  40 and who are NOT in IT /dive/TEFL /real estate sales  post in the forum? Few if any. Where are the  women, especially those aged 40 and under? Women as a whole will not accept   hostile comments of "cows", "slobs", "thieves"  coming from slobs who failed as husbands and fathers. That is why the views posted in TVF skew in a certain fashion.

5 hours ago, geriatrickid said:

I should hope so. In comparison to many TVFers I am  light years ahead. In comparison to my peers in my homeland or Japan or New Zealand, I am just like anyone else. In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king.

I am somewhat surprised that a previously reasonable poster such as yourself has slumped into this sort of arrogant condemnation of other people's opinions, and a rather bigoted generalization of people who did not choose an executive pathway.  Wise people generally say less and that will be reflected in the breakdown of posts you see here. I know quite a lot of brilliant and thoughtful people who simply ran their own businesses or boats or farms but you prefer to judge people on their career paths and your assumptions about their social standing back in the west. Historically most geniuses are introverts, so how does that fit with your ideas of TV poster's being social outcasts. Hemingway would have been an incorrigible troll, he was an expat. And of course there is the obvious question to ask. If no self respecting person would post here, what the heck are you doing imagining you're the one eyed king of Thai Visa? Holding opinions which are currently in vogue is not necessarily a sign of intelligence. It is however a characteristic of sheep. Maybe that's what you like?

46 minutes ago, Ulysses G. said:

I just went on vacation for a week and did not have access to a computer or Thai Visa. My notifications for that time at TV(8 notifications) were less than I would get on a normal day not long ago. That really shocked me.

I wish all the members that left would tell us where they went. It's like wondering about the afterlife.

14 hours ago, Justfine said:

Is this a Seinfeld episode?

13 hours ago, scottiejohn said:

Is what a "Seinfeld episode".  Which of the previous 117 post is your comment in reference to and what is a Seinfeld episode anyway?

"rumak" seems to be proving his point when the question of where are the "smart" people is asked!

3 hours ago, inThailand said:

Yes...a show about nothing 

Thanks for the helpful reply "inThailand".  At least you provided a proper answer unlike the person who made the post and appears incapable of making a sensible response.  I now know why I don't know what s "Sienfeld episode" is.

1 hour ago, scottiejohn said:

Thanks for the helpful reply "inThailand".  At least you provided a proper answer unlike the person who made the post and appears incapable of making a sensible response.  I now know why I don't know what s "Sienfeld episode" is.

A B C. What comes next?

Archived