Renewing O visa(retirement) without permanent address

Hello all, 

Currently on O visa (retirement), I do not have a permanent address contract.

Is it possible to renew visa?

Are there any services available for people that are in the process of moving but have not yet established a rental contract and house registration document from owner.

I'm in a similar predicament soon for my extension of stay. I tend to travel around in hotels at the moment until I decide where I want to stay longer term. How do I satisfy my application?

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

There is no requirement to have a permanent address. You do need proof of more than a few days at an address within the area of responsibility of the office where you are applying for the extension of stay.

They want that so that people cannot just change to a different office to avoid problems that another one may of caused.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

There is no requirement to have a permanent address. You do need proof of more than a few days at an address within the area of responsibility of the office where you are applying for the extension of stay.

They want that so that people cannot just change to a different office to avoid problems that another one may of caused.

Good info. Many thanks 

2 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

This is my first extension so I thought I would need lease agreement,  tabian baan, owner id again. 

Would a one month of stay receipt be sufficient in Bangkok?  I want to make sure to dot every i and t.

I still have a few (5)months  before extension but I'm outside of Thailand and will be coming to take care of the extension.  

Thanks to all for your help.

23 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

That sounds great. But I was under the impression that some IOs did not accept a hotel address, and rentals shorter than 1 month were illegal. Please clarify. Thanks.

2 minutes ago, tchk said:

That sounds great. But I was under the impression that some IOs did not accept a hotel address, and rentals shorter than 1 month were illegal. Please clarify. Thanks.

As with many other issues, it does depend on the immigration office you need to deal with. I can confirm that Bangkok will process conversions and extensions for someone in a hotel in Bangkok as long as it seems you are genuinely living there short term while looking for permanent accommodation. At more difficult offices, perhaps showing you have been at the hotel since leaving your previous permanent address in the same area might persuade them.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, BritTim said:

At more difficult offices, perhaps showing you have been at the hotel since leaving your previous permanent address in the same area might persuade them.

It is, I think, particularly important that he checks whether the hotel have provided Immigration with the TM30-style notification of his presence there in the case of such offices, since, without it, he will almost certainly get nowhere. Indeed, such a notification might prove sufficient in convincing them of his address credentials.

• Like 1

Has anyone experience with Jomtien, positive or negative?

1 hour ago, OJAS said:

It is, I think, particularly important that he checks whether the hotel have provided Immigration with the TM30-style notification of his presence there in the case of such offices, since, without it, he will almost certainly get nowhere. Indeed, such a notification might prove sufficient in convincing them of his address credentials.

On 03/02/2018 at 7:01 AM, Kadilo said:

I'm in a similar predicament soon for my extension of stay. I tend to travel around in hotels at the moment until I decide where I want to stay longer term. How do I satisfy my application?

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

Just use the receipt from your hotel, I've been living in a hotel for years and thats what I do.

• Like 2

Are you you need an extension? If you are still on your original visa issued outside of Thailand, you should be able to get a multiple re-entry stamp giving you the best part of another year. 

Last year we got all the paperwork together that we thought we needed for an extension, trotted along to immigration and were told we did not need it; just the re-entry certificate.

On 2/3/2018 at 10:48 AM, Srinivas said:

location is undecided so I was assuming I wouldn't know someone in the area. Thx 

I use a very good agent who can overcome all problems. PM me if you want details 

32 minutes ago, maechanman said:

Just use the receipt from your hotel, I've been living in a hotel for years and thats what I do.

I use a very good agent, can overcome all problems. PM me for details

11 hours ago, Suradit69 said:

You can't extend a visa either. You would be extending your permission to stay.

However, that is the terminology used by Immigration - at least in Chaengwattana.  The cubicles are labelled "Visa Extension".