Marriage to foreigners not all it's cracked up to be complains Isaan woman stuck in Farangland!

rooster59

2 hours ago, Odysseus123 said:

Give her a break she is speaking honestly-and very much to the point-about the clash of cultures.I prefer  honesty to dishonesty,don't you?

I recall that about 2 years ago an honest Thai woman said the same things about her life in Germany with the usual ballyhoo from ThaiVisa posters.

Once again 5 stars for honesty.

Five stars for honesty? That's like getting an elephant stamp for having clean underwear on. No, no stars or stamps or brownie points for doing the minimum that any decent person should do. Either she's surprised and disappointed she doesn't have a comfy life (meaning she had been expecting one), or she's advising other Isaan girls about the reality (because the expectation of being spoiled and coddled is a widespread phenomenon.)

7 minutes ago, BangkokReady said:

Money grubbing.

Money grabbing....:shock1: The woman doesn't seem to be educated, even by Thai standards. 

grab
ɡrab/
verb

1. 1.
    grasp or seize suddenly and roughly.
    "she grabbed him by the shirt collar"
    synonyms: seize, grasp, snatch, take hold of, grip, clasp, clutch; More

2. informal
    attract the attention of; make an impression on.
    "how does that grab you?"

Money grabbing.jpg

Edited by jenny2017

Sad to say, many Thai ladies THINK / """KNOW""" that ALL foreigners are very rich - so do the Thai men.

LADIES dream a life of luxury, nannies, servants, big expensive houses and cars.

For many of the ladies comming to the BIG cities, this is the way their dream comes true.. finding a foreigner to marry.

But, from birth they are taught..Mom and Dad 1st, older brother then sister next, finally their family last. The ladies are generally " In love with the idea of love"

I know of quite a few strong marriages of Thai / foreigner, in all cases the lady is educated.. or..usually has lived outside or has schooling outside  Thailand for several years.

Culture shock is very common once married and living outside Thailand.

20 minutes ago, cat handler said:

And some idiot German married this trash, take her home for a holiday and leave her there.

Clearly you don't understand the video or maybe didn't even see it and just read a poorly translated summary.  You are no better then the people she was warning about 

• Haha 1

The reality is life in the West is the same as life in Thailand. Albeit for the woman no family support system. Life in the West is day to day as it is in Thailand. In Thailand I am a rich Farang in My Country i am just a worker. Ceste la viv

28 minutes ago, SpeakeasyThai said:

Sounds like you ate too many pies and cannot adapt to real food, all things considered.

God, imagine if someone taught them how to make a proper pie. I was astounded when Tops Market started producing a passable sourdough.

27 minutes ago, ThaiSauce said:

Am I missing something? From my understanding, she wasn't really complaining about her life in farangland but more of a warning to people back in Thailand that 'may' have the idea of some fantasy life.

Did anyone posting any of these negative comments even watch the video? Or just read the poor English translation? 

There seems to be a theme here.

Positive commenters watched the video.

Negative commenters just read the OP.

If you just read the "translation" (or more so a pisstake) then your reactions are almost understandable. It may be the OP didn't watch the video, used Google Translate, and "got it wrong".  Better to watch the video. With a translator if needed. Warning: She speaks with Isan dialect, so the quality of the translation will depend on the person translating (his/her understanding and opinions), first impressions, expectations of what you want to hear ("Can you tell me what she is saying?" vs "What's this bitch on about?), etc. YMMV

To me it seems like she is trying to correct common misconceptions amongst Thai women about living in a faraway land. Seems a bit homesick too, as they all are. She goes to work and seems OK about that, just saying it's harder than you'd think. Food is the main subject though as it becomes the main complication away from Thailand. The ingredients for cooking are not cheap, or freely available, like in Thailand. (No, she is not talking about not being able to "eat free from the jungle".)

I'm certainly no apologist here (you can read my sig) and I've got my opinions/experiences of Isan folks in general, but let's be fair for once.

Anyway, carry on bashing and praising. I've got my entertainment for the day...

• Like 1

well, not all farangs are wealthy, even they show here there wallet as if it's full of gold. And not all is true what farangs are telling young girls just to get them into bed.

And not all European are equal. There are many poor living in Thailand by less than 40-50.000 Baht a month. Going through marriage they gain a different status even showing only 400.000 Baht once a year. Men who are going to Suvannaket can bribe the agency to get the concerning paper showing the 400 tsd Baht.

Many of those would get social welfare in UK.

So, girls, be clever and ask for the right passport. E.g. a dark red one with a white cross. Stay away from any blue!!!

1 minute ago, Kiwiken said:

The reality is life in the West is the same as life in Thailand. Albeit for the woman no family support system. Life in the West is day to day as it is in Thailand. In Thailand I am a rich Farang in My Country i am just a worker. Ceste la viv

They are even fatter in New Zealand.

Hard to believe I know..

But...they are positively gargantuan in the land of the brave and the home of the free pizza.

Leave the poor girl alone  as she has not (probably) achieved the desired weight of 120 kilos.

Ah.... the First World..

"The home of the fat

and the land of the obese.."

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Odysseus123 said:

Try the Ice whores,the THC whores and the stupidly fat Austalian women here.

The product of,supposedly,a first world education and .society.

What  a larf-they are chronically obese and miserably educated too boot,

Go and micturate on your own backyard.I dare you.

5 stars to this brave woman.

"miserably educated too boot"? At least the girls I knew in Australia could mostly spell. Of course, my background was completely different to yours. I can honestly say I've never even met a chronically obese ice whore. For you, evidently, they're irritatingly ubiquitous. I think it sounds interesting.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Just1Voice said:

What?  No maids?  No cooks?  No one to clean up after you?  OMG, what's the world coming to???

Yeah they all have that in isaanistan!! Cooks, maids, exquisite wines, etc. Most of the isaan "sisters" and "aunties" i have met lived with 4 in 1 small room with a mat on the ground to eat sticky rice with sticky rice ???

Edited by Donotdisturb