Retired cop vows at shrine that lottery millions belong to him

webfact

Retired cop vows at shrine that lottery millions belong to him

By SUPHOT KAEWKASI, 
PHUMPONG JONGSAKUL, 
YOTSARAN SUPAN 
THE NATION

38f29ce9fa71b65ed4f88bbe91daedd4.jpeg

Retired police lieutenant Charoon Wimul, who is in a dispute with a schoolteacher over a multi-million-baht lottery jackpot, performed a vow on Sunday in front of Kanchanaburi’s sacred City Pillar Shrine swearing that he was the one telling the truth in the matter.

He also asked the supernatural entities to severely punish “the liars”. 

Charoon, accompanied by his wife Lawan and their daughter, read the vow loudly as his lawyer, Sittra Biabungkerd, and reporters observed the 10-minute ritual starting at 10am.

4366e7bffe8ac1c5708f03d25588ef90.jpeg

According to religious belief, if he has done as accused – that is, falsely claimed the winning lottery tickets to be his – he will be severely punished in various unfortunate ways. Otherwise, he will be protected and blessed with success.

Many people also showed up at the shrine to give the family flowers and support.

Charoon challenged the teacher, Preecha Kraikruan, Preecha’s witnesses and police to make the same pledge. However, only the province’s major lottery vendor, Pananchaya Sukpol, who was Preecha’s key witness, showed up, after Charoon had already finished his ritual.

She came with copies of a vow requiring the supernatural entities to severely punish the wrongdoer in seven to nine days. She asked Charoon to read this out as his own vow – which he did willingly – before she made the same vow. 

Both Charoon and Pananchaya gave interviews to the media, defending their own sincerity. Local residents said they would wait for the court to provide justice in this case while the vow made to the sacred City Pillar Shrine would give a result “depending on each person’s karma”.

Charoon and Preecha have been embroiled for several months in a high-profile dispute about the real ownership of lottery tickets that won Bt30 million in the November 1 draw. 

5b2fd3899dac84f646c3e5fb397f1882.jpeg

Preecha complained to police that he had bought and lost five tickets in October that had later won the jackpot, which was then collected by another person. Charoon, who was identified in a police investigation, insisted that he bought the tickets and collected the prize accordingly. 

Despite a previous DNA test result showing that Charoon handled the tickets, Provincial Police Region 7 chief Pol Lt-General Kittipong Ngaomuk announced last Wednesday that Preecha was the tickets’ owner and Charoon would be charged with embezzlement and receiving stolen items.

Police said that witnesses saw Charoon picking up lottery tickets from the ground. Preecha claimed that this was captured by a security camera, but police said late last week that they couldn’t find such a camera in the market area.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/national/30337930

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2018-02-05
  • Haha 1

This is one convoluted situation if i ever seen one whereby all parties are right and

wrong at the same time with conflicting evidences and eye witness,

how about, instead of invoking the powers of the supernaturals to punish the liaers,

just ask them to grant you another win of the jackpot and everyone will be happy...

41 minutes ago, Justgrazing said:

Jeez' how far are they gonna take this .. I mean summoning up supernatural entities to severely punish the porkie pie teller is defcon 2 territory .. Once those entities are out and about who knows what havoc they might cause .. And what if the entities have got other folk to severely punish over the next 7 to 9 days as I'm fairly sure there are a lot of porkies told here on a daily basis and some might maybe more important to investigate than others .. like who actually owns a lot of rather expensive wristwatches .. for instance ..

coming soon!!!

Comical but very sad, however "nonsense"  like this is accepted the world  over, pick ANY religion any country, equal nonsense in spades!

unnamed.png

• Confused 1

I still don't understand why they don't simply devide the 30 m. 2 ways - 15 m.  each really should be enough for any normal person. 

Then they could get on with their lives and stop all this nonsense. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, webfact said:

She came with copies of a vow requiring the supernatural entities to severely punish the wrongdoer in seven to nine days. She asked Charoon to read this out as his own vow – which he did willingly – before she made the same vow. 

dueling superstitious vows, amazing thailand to be sure; imagine all your neighbors were like these two

In seven to nine days, or never. Or both. I'm on my way to make a vow. Wow.- :post-4641-1156693976:

In my hometown a group from one of the social clubs bought lottery tickets as a group on a weekly basis. 

There were 20 in the group that pitched in weekly and as luck would have it won a $20,000,000 Cdn grand prize.

Well one guy that had put money in many times but not that time sued.  He felt he was entitled to 1/20 of the win based on past performance.

The twenty that put the money in didn t think so but the gaming commision wouldn t release the funds until the suit was settled.

After a year waiting for the cash and waiting for the trial, the winners figured $950,000  each was still a good win and agreed to split it with him.  He is unpopular and doesn t go to the Elks club anymore but he has his share.

Edited by isaanbanhou

29 minutes ago, Chris Lawrence said:

If that is what it takes, I know I won the $30 million lottery a while back. Didn't have the numbers but I should have.

Yup. For just the chance of 10,000 Baht, I'd be willing to swear at to a piece of plastic/stone/wood (take your pick) that 10,000 Baht was mine.

Truly the land of make-believe.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, ezzra said:

This is one convoluted situation if i ever seen one whereby all parties are right and

wrong at the same time with conflicting evidences and eye witness,

how about, instead of invoking the powers of the supernaturals to punish the liaers,

just ask them to grant you another win of the jackpot and everyone will be happy...

what is the conflicting evidence ?

The only one of the two that seems to be telling porkies is the cop based on every witness involved, all the evidence points to the teacher buying the ticket, all the evidence points to the cop picking the ticket up from the ground - maybe I missed something

• Like 1