Former top cop admits borrowing money from massage parlour owner Kamol

webfact

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

WHATS WRONG WITH the  national police chief Pol Gen Somyot Poompunmuang . He LIES;

Firstly, Same fib as Prawit used regarding borrowed several watches.

Secondly, The investigation by NACC could easily detect in Gen Somyot Poompunmuang's bank accounts money transferred from brothel into his account as a so called loan. Plus where did the money go from his account?

Thirdly, " He’d reported the arrangement to the National Anti-Corruption Commission (NACC) three years ago".  NACC is run by Prayut and they did not investigate this money transfer of a piddly (joking) 300 million bah from a brothel to a now corrupt copper? Gee whizz NACC doing a good job!

Go Thailand Govt No 1 in the world for corruption in 2018 survey. Another Gold Medal.

5 hours ago, Darcula said:

Wow ! 300 milion - that's a helluva lot of financial issues for a salaried public servant.

haha seriously that's $10 million US 

<deleted>?!?!?! even if that was a typo and only 30 million baht thats still an incredible amount of money to borrow and pay back within a few years!

by the way I gotta ask are you from the bay area?

5 hours ago, scorecard said:

Plus, the national police chieg sees nothing wrong with borowing 300million BAht from a man who runs a giant brothel in an industry which is caught red-handed repeatedly for human trafficking, selling under age girls, etc.  How come I was taught by my parents and my society that senior leaders (ultimate prime example - the national police chief) should be excellent role models beyond reproach. 

You have to remember, his 20 year friendship and the fact Kampol has not been convicted and he is only the alleged owner of the business in question. But, of course, none of that stops the armchair mentality.

I really wonder at what the government truly believes to be an act damaging the nations reputation.

banning darts.... way to go.... dirty rotten dart players.

no exposed bums... what bums they are

loans by the top cop from human traffickers... all good

amazing thailand made so by amazing people doing amazing things

This is all just a bro-mance story. One was a young investor wanting to traffic young girls to increase his wealth and the other a young copper, able to assist and protect and increase his own wealth. From a mutual life aim grew a 20 year bro-mance, where borrowing 300m would be no different, or cause no more harm than borrowing a pair of jeans. This could run and run, the movie, the books, the T-shirts, who doesn't love a good romance story !

Somyot told reporters on Monday he’d repaid the loan from Kampol, a friend of 20 years, which he’d used to clear up financial issues.

The transaction was no secret, he stressed. He’d reported the arrangement to the National Anti-Corruption Commission (NACC) three years ago.

Somyot said Kampol had joined him in various charitable undertakings and loaned him money on three or four occasions, the total amounting to Bt300 million, and he always repaid Kamol within the year.

“These were legal transactions, done with proper contracts, and all have been repaid,” he said.

What can one even say? He borrows $10 million, then pays it back, no problem, and nobody questions this? Seems like alot of cash for a cop. Just goes to show you the kind money that is at stake here, for a high ranking officer. Makes one wonder how many billions are at stake for Prawit, Little P. and the rest of that mafia gang. A portion of the money always gets funneled to the top, in this giant pyramid scheme, called Planet Thailand.

I often have financial issues requiring a loan of $10 million to deal with. And you? I think most of us do. Right? It is common. That is why no big deal should be made out of this.

Edited by spidermike007

How low can one go?...Prawit with his story about the 30 million baht watches...and now a police man about 300 million...Thailand is the HUB for many things that go wrong...but this story is the "Jewel on the ....." How the hell is it possible that the people accept these superlies even when lying is one of the national sports in the LOS? 

6 hours ago, webfact said:

Somyot told reporters on Monday he’d repaid the loan from Kampol, a friend of 20 years, which he’d used to clear up financial issues.

highlights the mindset here; a former top cop cannot/doesn't want to see illegality in his supposedly close fiends;

it is only immoral if he wants it be

Following the military coup of 22 May 2014, Somyot was appointed to the National Legislative Council (NLC). Members are required to reveal their assets and properties to determine if they are "unusually rich". Somyot and his wife's net worth was reported to be about 355.8 million baht (roughly US$11 million). One government critic said that this raised "...questions about how a lifelong career in the public service could have made him a millionaire."

2 minutes ago, buick said:

getting payoffs via drug and human trafficker's can be quite lucrative.  it appears one could accumulate about 350 million from it if one was a top cop in thailand.

I seem to recall that he also holds a similar amount of money in shares in a Thai company the purchase of which was questioned by the Stock exchange some years ago? 

58 minutes ago, janpharma said:

How the hell is it possible that the people accept these superlies even when lying is one of the national sports in

Because lying is a national pastime and the elite issue these ridiculous statements on the premise that the general public are too stupid to know better. 

6 hours ago, scorecard said:

Plus, the national police chieg sees nothing wrong with borowing 300million BAht from a man who runs a giant brothel in an industry which is caught red-handed repeatedly for human trafficking, selling under age girls, etc.  How come I was taught by my parents and my society that senior leaders (ultimate prime example - the national police chief) should be excellent role models beyond reproach. 

But he's his friend...555

One heck of a good friend to lend this sum without, I presume, any interest paid, as there was no mention of that. Surely this should be considered by the counter corruption squad!

9 minutes ago, Tofer said:

But he's his friend...555

One heck of a good friend to lend this sum without, I presume, any interest paid, as there was no mention of that. Surely this should be considered by the counter corruption squad!

I would think it could also be money laundering and AMLO should be charged with investigating but wait AMLO is run by the POLICE so perhaps the NACC? Nah run by the POLICE too. Ministry for Justice then? Police yet again. 

55 minutes ago, Nip said:

Following the military coup of 22 May 2014, Somyot was appointed to the National Legislative Council (NLC). Members are required to reveal their assets and properties to determine if they are "unusually rich". Somyot and his wife's net worth was reported to be about 355.8 million baht (roughly US$11 million). One government critic said that this raised "...questions about how a lifelong career in the public service could have made him a millionaire."

He was slightly more than the average wealth of top police chiefs at 255 M Baht. Throw away your business books. Join the police to be wealthy.

3 minutes ago, Eric Loh said:

He was slightly more than the average wealth of top police chiefs at 255 M Baht. Throw away your business books. Join the police to be wealthy.

Your absolutely right. Even when you go down the food chain you find a mid range cop working now in Division 8 in Surat Thani who was kicked out of Phuket 3 or 4 times to in active posts due to the public reporting his criminality but still owns a number of expensive houses in Phuket and has been pictured on Facebook with his red Ferrari.

WOW 300 million baht !  a police officer who I befriended a few years back and held the rank of inspector told me his salary was 550 baht a day and that is with 20+ years service he could of been winding me up but I believe him as at the time he did say that to survive he and his colleagues had to make some tea money just to survive . Maybe it’s time that the government release the salaries of high ranking officials 300 million is a lot of money most of us would never earn that in a lifetime of work and this guy borrowed it and paid it back he must have a hell of a pension 

2 hours ago, smotherb said:

You have to remember, his 20 year friendship and the fact Kampol has not been convicted and he is only the alleged owner of the business in question. But, of course, none of that stops the armchair mentality.

Wow, are you a member of the NACC by any chance?    Do you ever see any wrong in any of these guys, even when to most ordinary citizens it is fairly obvious what is going on. 

2 hours ago, Retiredandhappyhere said:

Wow, are you a member of the NACC by any chance?    Do you ever see any wrong in any of these guys, even when to most ordinary citizens it is fairly obvious what is going on. 

Sure. I believe in everyone of them; they are total angels, every one.