Video: Policeman shot dead as drunk shop owner goes berserk after noise complaint

webfact

37 minutes ago, Hayduke said:

Police actually…respond…to noise complaints?

Opposite where I live they have a minibus business , sometimes you can hear the blasted noise from the array of speakers long before a minibus is in sight.   My TW won't complain and I certainly won't either , like the smoke he produces from bonfires , who knows where a complaint might end.

1 hour ago, Bob12345 said:

Everyone can get their hands on guns in Thailand, except of course farang as they are too big of a risk.

Add some drugs and alcohol, or someone using their horn while driving, and you are guaranteed to have people dying.

there was talk of a law that would stop farangs getting gun licenses but as far as i know that hasn't come into effect yet

• Like 1

Losing face here to a Thai is deadly serious, hence the tragic result. Irrespective of being drunk, high on drugs, plus the shame of losing control due to anger & killing a police officer is a heinous crime. No excuses please Thailand .......... lock him up for life!

18 minutes ago, 4MyEgo said:

This is insane, the plain clothes cop in the blue t-shirt is having a struggle with the guy in the white who is not a cop, punches are thrown, the plain cop goes down for a moment and drops his gun, he picks it up while the cop in vest is trying to keep the guy in white at bay, the plain clothes cop in blue starts throwing punches as does the guy in white, who eventually gets hold of the plain clothes cops gun out of his hand, and then he shoots, don't know where, then there is the copy with vest with his gun in hand to his side trying to get the gun from the guy in white who clearly shoots the plain clothes cop.

Comedy capers these Thai cops, had it been anywhere else in the world as soon as the guy in the white had hold of the cops gun, he would have been dead.

These cops don't have the comrade ship that others forces have when it comes to backing up each other.

Personally never wanted to be a cop, and after seeing this, can't understand why anyone one would want to be a cop in Thailand, apart from the money, money, money, and we know all about that, don't we. 

thai cops are a joke. firstly, they too are prone too "face" and "greng jai" and all those highly advanced emotions known as THAINESS. if u're a cop there is no room for that. period. secondly: their training is a joke. they think because they have a beer belly (99% of them) and mia noi and a gun (which they had to BUY themselves) they are "big". but the people know they are not. they too are 14 year old boys - like most thai men - with big ego but zero skills. i feel sorry for the dead copper but it's obviously a case of that other Thai-concept known as SomNamNaaaaaa.....

• Like 1

I am not sure this report is correct. It looks more like he shot the copper with the copper's own gun rather than ran off and reappeared with 2 pistols. What a strange and bizarre event. The copper had no holster for his pistol, was it just tucked in his pants? It certainly seems like something that quickly spiralled out of control with tragic consequences for all. How long was the copper left with his injury to die from it? Did they all sit back and leave him there until it was 'safe' ?

Being a copper is not the safest job anywhere but the basic training in how to ground and restrain a violent person would have resolved this rapidly. Instead of the 2 coppers engaging in boxing the guy, they just had to work together, bring him down and restrain him. That is very basic policing, and the inability to do this indicates the lack of training and poor fitness levels of the police.

• Like 2

After the video of the cop who hugged the guy with the knife went viral, everyone was like "in America he would be dead, this is so much better than American cops!"

Well, are those same people now going to say "if only they were more like American cops maybe this officer would have gone home to his family rather than being in the morgue."?

Somehow I doubt people possess the wisdom to reflect on their own stupid opinions.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Nasrullah said:

I'm  so suprised the guy in the white singlet(offender) was not shot dead immediately after he shot the cop!!

In the USA or most countries for that matter.....he would of been toast!

In the USA you're likely to be "toast" whether you're guilty or not, especially if you're a young black male. So yes your guy would have and probably should have been shot, but in the US there is an abundance of murderers with badges, dirty prosecutors, and a lot of innocent people arrested and jailed. That's why I'm here in Thailand. America's "democracy" has been rotting from the inside out for decades, and I'm 61 and have been watching its slow decline

• Like 2

1 hour ago, 4MyEgo said:

had it been anywhere else in the world as soon as the guy in the white had hold of the cops gun, he would have been dead

Let's face it, non-Western cops are nowhere near the same league as Western cops. The only thing they have in common is the name.

They have about as much in common as a doctor has with a mentally disabled child carrying a box of bandaids. You could argue that they perform similar functions, but I know who I would go to if I needed medical assistance. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

This weasel shot have been shot down immediately. Once you open fire on officers, and shoot two of them for no apparent reason (other than the disgustingly weak excuse of losing face, which carries no weight whatsoever) you are a dead man. At least you should be. He self revoked his right to consume oxygen, the instant he fired that gun for no reason. 

Not wishing to be deemed pedantic, but should the therd werd be "should" ?

6 minutes ago, Jonathan Swift said:

That's why I'm here in Thailand.

You fled to Thailand because of dirty cops? Not the weather, the women, the food and the people? 

Do you seriously feel like your life was in danger every day?

How long have you been in Thailand? Given your age it seems more likely that you simply retired somewhere nice.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, caribou1 said:

somehow every Thai man thinks they are above the law, and the police serves them 

No propper consequences at any point in their lives. They do not learn that actions can have negative effects until it is too late.

He will probably say how sorry he is when he sobers up, and that people should learn from his mistake and not do bad things. People will nod, and then go back to living a reckless carefree life.

• Like 1

False sense of entitlement and total denial of any responsibility for ones actions:  Are these components in the clinical description of either narcissism or psychopathy, or perhaps, just something in between?  Whichever, it seems to be a very prominent component in the psyche of violent offending Thais.  My guess is that it is not so much a national characteristic as a function of the widespread use and abuse of methamphetamine (Ya Ba.)  I wonder how many non-South East Asian countries are as awash with this dangerous drug as is Thailand.  (Bearing in mind that most of our neighbouring states are in a similar situation.)  In my home country, Methamphetamine,  (aka Ya Ba, P, etc)  is the very widely recognised and obvious common cause for deadly rage both on & off the road.  Here it is clearly the same.  No surprises!  It is rapidly addictive, makes the non-violent murderous and the already-violently-inclined, even more dangerous.  And they want to de-criminalise it here!!!!!!!!!   TIT!!!

8 hours ago, isaanbanhou said:

This country has a long way to go before the police are at international standards.

On body count from altercations between police and civilians, I'm pretty certain Thailand is a world leader, particular when compared to western nations.  Even though this guy shot 2 cops, killing one of them, they  still managed to take him into custody.

6 hours ago, mikebell said:

He hit 2 cops with 3 shots (one into the air)!  Never mind punishing him, make him a full colonel in the RTP.

A full Colonel????? Make him LT/Col, or what about a Maj/Gen? Oh! wait, Maybe he can't afford to buy any of these fancy ranks.:cheesy::cheesy:.

• Sad 1