Brit in tears after early morning collision kills motorcycle taxi rider, injures passenger in Pattaya

snoop1130

Strange that compassion has him weeping over the bike driver while the bike passenger lies splattered nearby. No word if she died either but maybe the sorrowful Brit didn't see her for some reason or other.
Funny how a single photo captures a split second in time. Not according to you the split second you wanted to see.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Another good reason to make sure you have a Car cam in your car, saves any chance of being blamed when you are in the right. There is no chance of the police being able to twist the facts, and assures your insurance company who is going to pay!

And what if the Brit drove a motocycle and kept left as he is supposed to by the police?? Then both would be dead and it was the fault of the motocy driver who was so selfish to drive against traffic.

The police dare to demand motocydrivers to keep left but they won't make the left lane safe to stop mototaxi's driving against traffic...

WHY DOES THE POLICE ALLOW MOTOCY"S TO DRIVE AGAINST TRAFFIC??? :post-4641-1156693976:

11 hours ago, Air Smiles said:

Even if bike driving the wrong way up the hill(perfectly normal in thailand) he couldn't have been travelling that quickly, 

Really? So even if it's normal in Thailand why can't he have been going that quickly? Is there some sort of force field that slows down the errant motorcyclists who break the law every day by riding against the flow?

Even if bike driving the wrong way up the hill(perfectly normal in thailand) he couldn't have been travelling that quickly, the truck driver might not be entirely blameless, that looks like a straight piece of road in the picture and early hours so low traffic,  ...the truck may have been speeding and not paying attention to what was in front.

Lack of street lights and a potential blind corner. I beg the differ 

10 hours ago, NanLaew said:

Strange that compassion has him weeping over the bike driver while the bike passenger lies splattered nearby. No word if she died either but maybe the sorrowful Brit didn't see her for some reason or other.

At least he has some compassion unlike you it seems. This entire episode should be a point of learning to all Thais if you ask me. Don't drive on the wrong side of the road and if you do happen to get into an accident, don't flee the scene. Jump out and see if there's anything you can do for the injured.

1 hour ago, jacko45k said:

They certainly do not seem to be in fear for their lives.

In order to have fear, you first need to have rational thought and understanding, something that seems to get thrown out of the window once a lot of Thai's sit on a motorbike (or car).

Even if bike driving the wrong way up the hill(perfectly normal in thailand) he couldn't have been travelling that quickly, the truck driver might not be entirely blameless, that looks like a straight piece of road in the picture and early hours so low traffic,  ...the truck may have been speeding and not paying attention to what was in front.

Or no lights on for motorcycle?

2 hours ago, smedly said:

I am not going to pretend to know what happened here but none of it makes sense

2am ...no traffic, very wide road, why would anyone be on the wrong side of the road

nothing about this news report makes sense to me

Just saying

RIP and very tragic

Taking a short cut is an urge Thais cannot resist.

22 minutes ago, Thian said:

And what if the Brit drove a motocycle and kept left as he is supposed to by the police?? Then both would be dead and it was the fault of the motocy driver who was so selfish to drive against traffic.

The police dare to demand motocydrivers to keep left but they won't make the left lane safe to stop mototaxi's driving against traffic...

WHY DOES THE POLICE ALLOW MOTOCY"S TO DRIVE AGAINST TRAFFIC??? :post-4641-1156693976:

Because they do it themselves!

12 hours ago, tonray said:

Let's hope there are no charges. This is really the government's fault as they have looked the other way as these guys do this every day to beat traffic flow. Need some real enforcement and then maybe things will get better.

Whats happened here is REAL enforcement at its most BRUTAL

IF its as reported

12 hours ago, 2008bangkok said:

Let hope the guy wasn't drinking at 2.30am because no matter if the driver was driving through wrong way if he was drinking it's monkey house.

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

What would happen in this situation if he had no license but was sober do you think? 

40 minutes ago, phetpeter said:

Another good reason to make sure you have a Car cam in your car, saves any chance of being blamed when you are in the right. There is no chance of the police being able to twist the facts, and assures your insurance company who is going to pay!

Let's hope he has one and wasn't pissed.

It's in everyone's interest to have front and rear dashcams these days.

You would not be at your best would you, he must have been sick to his stomach

Try to use your brain for once in your life

It would be impossible to get a picture of him showing compassion to both victims at once considering the badly injured passenger is most likely some distance away?

I hope the passenger fully recovers. Especially as she was not at fault. As for the taxi bloke RIP but clearly his fate was predestined due to insane bike riding.

12 hours ago, tonray said:

Let's hope there are no charges. This is really the government's fault as they have looked the other way as these guys do this every day to beat traffic flow. Need some real enforcement and then maybe things will get better.

Unfortunately I doubt anything will be learnt, the road  design in many areas is simply awful, the Thai mentality of me first also does  nothing to help, even when they cant get any further up a road they will not let you pull out.

Accepted nationally but the really bad part is them expecting compensation for their  stupidity.

15 minutes ago, mentalcolonization said:

Thank goodness for the witness statement otherwise the Brit will be doomed . I know the boys in blue  will have a little something to pin him down. driving in the hour of darkness , i guess . RIP to the biker 

What a witness says tomorrow might not be what he/she saw and said today. I recently arrived at the scene of a fatal accident where a Thai m/cyclist was killed by a farang riding a bigger m/c. The farang was unable to avoid the Thai  who was crossing a dual carriageway on a 'blind' bend, instead of riding a further 500m to make a U turn. Thai witnesses stated the farang had driven through a red light at high speed about 500m before he hit the Thai, and was therefore at fault. This was false testimony by the Thais, because I'd stopped at the same lights and seen the farang also stopped. He was at the front of a group of other riders.The farang also died as a result of his injuries.  

11 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

If that is the British guy in the photo (white shirt) the first thing that spings to mind is how compassionate he appears. 

The time (02:30 hrs) will naturally make a few suspicious, however, the time is not an automatic indication that he had been drinking, I hope not. 

Motorcycle rider on the wrong side of the road, it would be difficult for the pickup driver to swerve to the opposite (wrong) side of the road - and if he had and the Motorcycle swerved to the correct side of the road then the Brit would be at fault...  

IMO, there is not much that the Brit could have done, he was on the right side of the road, a motorcyclist with a passenger hit him.... thats pretty much it or so it seems.

I often travel long distances at those sort of times  because despite what I've seen written its 1. much quieter and 2. I don't see all the drunks that people mention at those sort of times.

He's only  one person, perhaps he thought she was already dead, there's  so  much you cant see, he may have been moving slightly or screaming in pain she may have been totally silent, I believe first aiders tend to ignore the screamers and go straight for the silent ones as theses are the ones to worry about.

11 hours ago, NanLaew said:

How do you know he didn't do both? He can't exactly be in two places at the same time.

3 hours ago, smedly said:

I am not going to pretend to know what happened here but none of it makes sense

2am ...no traffic, very wide road, why would anyone be on the wrong side of the road

nothing about this news report makes sense to me

Just saying

RIP and very tragic

Maybe they both had been drinking?An extremely tragic accident regardless of cause.

Archived