3BB prices (not fiber)

roger101

I've been trying to check what package I have from 3bb. I had it for years and I pay 900Baht a month (plus vat).

When I did a speed test just now (because it seems slow) I got 14.1/1.2mbps.

As I cant remember what I should be getting I looked at the 3bb web site to see what 900Baht should give me.  I couldn't find anything that wasn't fiber. Is there anybody still on the same package (or a good memory) that can help me. Saving me a trip to the 3bb office. I live in a condo which is the reason (I think) I haven't been offered an upgrade to fiber.

They were doing a promotion last yr where you had to buy the wifi box
I think they will still be doing that
I was going to buy it but am still on the 670 bht package
Not sure about the power but obviously the minimal
Still waiting for fibre optic !

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

I've been trying to check what package I have from 3bb. I had it for years and I pay 900Baht a month (plus vat).
When I did a speed test just now (because it seems slow) I got 14.1/1.2mbps.

As I cant remember what I should be getting I looked at the 3bb web site to see what 900Baht should give me.  I couldn't find anything that wasn't fiber. Is there anybody still on the same package (or a good memory) that can help me. Saving me a trip to the 3bb office. I live in a condo which is the reason (I think) I haven't been offered an upgrade to fiber.
Reboot your router then do a test from a wired device.

Sent from my R2D2 droid using my C3P0 manservant

I suggest calling 3BB in Bangkok at 1530 and follow the prompts.  The person that answers will ask for your account number. Inquire about changing your internet package. They will know whether your plan can be updated and if it can they will contact the 3BB office nearest your address and schedule service. Also, you can ask to speak to a technician who can analyze your connection while you are on the phone and make changes if possible. I originally had 20/4 speed and when they began offering 30/10 speed at the same price, I called 1530 and the tech changed my account settings. After restarting my router, I had the higher speed.

We have had 3BB since December or January a year ago.  I was paying around a thousand baht a month for what I thought was fiber.  Having to go to the office to pay every month because they never sent a bill I noticed I could get VDSL for 590.....asked them what we had and found out I didn't have fiber but just had VDSL.....long story short is they never paid me back for the year's overcharge but finally relented to switching my bill to the 590.  Couldn't really argue since I should have paid more attention in the first place and the service has been 99% good and reliable.  I get a bill in the mail now too after some more complaining.

I had the 50/20 VDSL package from 3BB for 700 baht (with VAT is 749). Last December, I heard they were offering fiber in my area and called them to switch over. They offered me the 100/30 fiber package at the same price. No charge for the modem upgrade. Came by in 2 weeks and switched modems and ran fiber to the house and now I get double the speed at the same price with no extra costs.

I have had 3BB 30/10 pack for several months on VDSL at 590bht plus vat.. Recently they are promoting a free upgrade depending on area to 50mbs, which mine now automatically has.. No contract and received a free modem router and installed within 48 hrs.. I have a friend on same service, with older supplied modem and his speeds are half mine with his modem. The free modem router was offered to new customers only, so he would have to pay to upgrade his.. As far as 3BB.. I give them 5 stars.. Very happy with the service and speed, and receive electronic invoices monthly..

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

22 hours ago, tweedledee2 said:

I suggest calling 3BB in Bangkok at 1530 and follow the prompts.  The person that answers will ask for your account number.

That's the obvious solution to anyone who's not sure what kind of 3BB service they have, and whether you're getting the kind of speed your purchased plan says you should be getting. BTW, I think that number might only be staffed on the weekdays, though not sure about that.

3BB, when you call, does have the phone recording option to get to English language customer support, and the English spoken there is quite decent, even if the CSR staff who man/woman the phones aren't necessarily the sharpest tech tools in the box. But at least, they can certainly discuss your current plan, and what else is available for your location.

They also have an EN English language option on their website that shows their available plans (you get it by clicking the little circular EN logo in the upper right corner of their web pages:

For their fiber plans

https://3bb.co.th/3bb/

For their VDSL

https://www.3bb.co.th/3bb/product/internet_package/1

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK

On 2/12/2018 at 9:13 AM, Henryford said:

Why do that when you can get 50/10 VDSL for 590 a month.

You cannot get something that is not available.

I was on the 13/1 at 900/month but they could not maintain the speed and it would drop off , so I had to change down to 10/1 at 590/month, the only benefit of that service it does not drop off when the speed is low.

There is no alternative where I live. I was with TOT but that was worse and couldn't go back even if I wanted to.