Leaning Power Pole of Pattaya has become a tourist attraction.

snoop1130

Leaning Power Pole of Pattaya has become a tourist attraction.

27798180_1798383903515869_2295707840840157440_o.jpg

It is not a source of amusement for local residents but tourist visitors to Pattaya find it hilarious.

In fact they can't get enough of the "Leaning Power Pole of Pattaya" in Soi Bua Khao near the Tree Town market.

The tourists are usually to be seen taking holiday snapshots similar to those visiting the Leaning Tower of Pisa. 

The pole is surrounded by a huge number of wires giving the impression that it is slowly being pulled to earth.

But the Thai residents of the soi don't find it in the least amusing - they wince every time a big truck goes by fearing that one day it will bring the whole lot down, reported Sophon Cable TV on Facebook.

One fried chicken seller said it had been that way since he came to work there, at least ten years.

And the local authority have never done anything about it. 

Maybe the local authority fear a detrimental impact on tourism should it be rectified!

Meanwhile, the tourists keep snapping away to show their friends back home another piece of "Amazing Thailand". 

Source: https://www.facebook.com/STVPattaya/posts/1798384016849191

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-2-12
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

I've just spent 6 days wandering up and down SB and not noticed it.

I must have been distracted by other sights.

Or maybe it's just "wallpaper"?

(You know you've been in Thailand too long when........)

Edited by Enoon

4 hours ago, jacko45k said:

I have one in front of where I live.

Me too. Two years ago, authorities in charge discussed the matter on the occasion of an on-site inspection. Problem: There are wires from local electric company, TOT, 3BB, and True attached to that one. Seems they will never manage to coordinate one day with service guys of all those involved present. Most scary thing is the 10-kV line, obviously not only with high voltage but with mechanical  strain, too...:shock1:

4 hours ago, jacko45k said:

No reason for me to go see it, I have one in front of where I live.

And me - a drunk Thai crashed into it severely damaging it and leaving it precariously overhanging a house and a guard hut.  That was in August last year.  The elec board have promised to replace it but there are phones lines on it so mai ben rai.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ralf61 said:

Me too. Two years ago, authorities in charge discussed the matter on the occasion of an on-site inspection. Problem: There are wires from local electric company, TOT, 3BB, and True attached to that one. Seems they will never manage to coordinate one day with service guys of all those involved present. Most scary thing is the 10-kV line, obviously not only with high voltage but with mechanical  strain, too...:shock1:

Mai-ben-rai all anyone need do is get down the local temple and buy some of those amulets for divine insulation .. After all the locals believe in them so they must work ..