A show of hands please. LOL/555

watcharacters

The problem being that the Thai celery market has been under the control of high ranking officers for some time.

I should know as I have lived here for 30 years,know Thai,Khmer,Swahili and Lilliputian and live in a 'uge mansion with a gorgeous hiso wife who loves me to death...

Is that the sort of digression that you may be referring to,Andrew? :smile:

Exactly Ody !!

Sometimes the posters desires to make others aware that they have been here a long long time, speak Thai better than most Thai’s and are experts on every subject under the sun makes them unaware that the thread they are posting in is about the price of fish or some other mundane subject !!

• Like 1

On 2/16/2018 at 4:04 PM, watcharacters said:

How many members of this forum  ever post a new topic?

Starting new topics usually results in mentally disturbed personal attacks.

Most people are only daft enough to do it once or twice.

• Like 2

Started loads and for the most part have got answers or in some cases a few giggles. Posting is sometimes a good way of unloading it mentally and making light/sense of it. 

Had a fair few tech related queries of late and some have been helpful some are still not solved.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MaeJoMTB said:

Starting new topics usually results in mentally disturbed personal attacks.

Most people are only daft enough to do it once or twice.

I appreciate your hesitation and agree with your assessment.

Edit:   nevertheless  I'll continue to post new topics when I think it's  appropriate.

Yes most posters are mere sheep and can only reply to the fodder fed to them.   GOOD POINT!

Edited by watcharacters
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, watcharacters said:

I appreciate your hesitation and agree with your assessment.

Edit:   nevertheless  I'll continue to post new topics when I think it's  appropriate.

Yes most posters are mere sheep and can only reply to the fodder fed to them.   GOOD POINT!

I just ignore the stupid replies and reply / read the ones that do make sense. Plenty of good members around, plenty of nutcases too but they can be entertaining at times.

I feel like starting a new thread about tire pressure, motor oil or the fine points of air conditioner service...

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

There was a thread recently that developed into an argument about checking tire pressures when hot as opposed to checking when cold!!
After about 2 pages of bickering I unfollowed it.

Can’t remember what the thread was about originally but it certainly wasn’t tire pressures [emoji23]
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

There was a thread recently that developed into an argument about checking tire pressures when hot as opposed to checking when cold!!
After about 2 pages of bickering I unfollowed it.

Can’t remember what the thread was about originally but it certainly wasn’t tire pressures emoji23.png

You are totally wrong..along with pension plans and would you walk a mile under the hot stinking sun to get two baht off a cup of coffee? 

I am waning you Andrew because you take the true concerns of expatriates far too lightly..

Time for "attitude adjustment" methinks...

You are totally wrong..along with pension plans and would you walk a mile under the hot stinking sun to get two baht off a cup of coffee? 

I am waning you Andrew because you take the true concerns of expatriates far too lightly..

Time for "attitude adjustment" methinks...

Are you warning or wanting him?

Not judging you, just curious...

9 minutes ago, mogandave said:

Are you warning or wanting him?

Not judging you, just curious...

No.

I am just teasing him.

Andrew knows me quite well from another topic which has come and gone.

I will admit that sometimes it is hard to get the banter right but just mention meat pies and Queensland and he will understand.:smile:

5 minutes ago, Odysseus123 said:

No.

I am just teasing him.

Andrew knows me quite well from another topic which has come and gone.

I will admit that sometimes it is hard to get the banter right but just mention meat pies and Queensland and he will understand.:smile:

Don't keep mentioning Yatala Pie shop ! you know i would kill for one !!

Mogandave: he wants me !! after all i am a hansum man !

• Like 1

Once  - a poor excuse for a topic it was

The true reason being, I wanted to try the process just in case I felt the need to start a serious topic.

I occasionally throw a half relevant question into a thread if I have the attention of the people I think can offer a valuable response.

I enjoy input/responding but seldom feel the need to reach out beyond the topics and advice already available

No problem with new, or even repeat topics, especially those submitted for entertainment, easy to identify before you participate :smile:

19 hours ago, 473geo said:

Once  - a poor excuse for a topic it was

The true reason being, I wanted to try the process just in case I felt the need to start a serious topic.

I occasionally throw a half relevant question into a thread if I have the attention of the people I think can offer a valuable response.

I enjoy input/responding but seldom feel the need to reach out beyond the topics and advice already available

No problem with new, or even repeat topics, especially those submitted for entertainment, easy to identify before you participate :smile:

I had the Shepherd’s Pie tonight. 

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

See how easy it is to convert a topic about peoples posting habits to one about meat pies !!

Yeah but Yatala Pies are just the best and should be mentioned in every topic...BUT have you tried a Fosters Pie at Miami?:thumbsup:

• Like 1

Quite often I prepare a comment in a thread, and then I think again about the conversation I am about to get involved in, and the people I’ll be talking to, and I carefully delete my text and backtrack, staying as far away as I can from the Post button, just in case....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 2/19/2018 at 1:55 AM, Andrew Dwyer said:

See how easy it is to convert a topic about peoples posting habits to one about meat pies !!

Yeah..in the greater scheme of things meat pies are almost paraamount..

There I was,just the other day,buying a beef and mushroom pie from a Cambodian couple in my native (Austalian) town-they came from Siem Riep and I had a ball.

Thank God,Yahweh,Jesus,Sriva,Allah,Beelezubub,Quetzllcoatl..or whomsoever...for  a sense of humour.

Edited by Odysseus123
  • Like 1

This thread needs more lawnmower pictures
Let's face it, who wouldn't like to cruise down town with a Roller?

5a881ab9ce287_Lawnroller.jpg.27e9a2c86c160598a9cba1a9d43f5e50.jpg
SC

I love this sense of humour.....in the late 70s....we used to cruise down Kings Road in a Roller....with another R....!

Please excuse spelling mistakes/Grammar/Misunderstanding!

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Odysseus123 said:

Yeah..in the greater scheme of things meat pies are almost paraamount..

There I was,just the other day,buying a beef and mushroom pie from a Cambodian couple in my native (Austalian) town-they came from Siem Riep and I had a ball.

Thank God,Yahweh,Jesus,Sriva,Allah,Beelezubub,Quetzllcoatl..or whomsoever...for  a sense of humour.

I once had a ball in a meat pie too.  Never going back to that shop.

7 minutes ago, Odysseus123 said:

Ballpoint: I once had a ball in a meat pie too.  Never going back to that shop
Odysseus123: Tough..

You probably get balls in meat pies more often than you think.  It's not the best meat that they put in pies.

Edited by StreetCowboy

3 hours ago, StreetCowboy said:

You probably get balls in meat pies more often than you think.  It's not the best meat that they put in pies.

What you don't know won't hurt you.  It's when it's recognisable that it counts.  Like finding a vein in your hotdog.

Edited by ballpoint