Frenchman seeks help from Pattaya police over cold "assault" case and cold pizza!

Jonathan Fairfield

1 hour ago, wvavin said:

Tell us where is this pizza place.

This is not allowed on this forum as stated in the following forum rule and was put there to protect you the poster as well as the forum itself.

6) You will not post comments that could be reasonably construed as defamation or libel.

Defamation is the issuance of a statement about another person or business which causes that person to suffer harm. It does not have to be false to be defamatory. Libel is when the defamatory statement is published either in a drawing, painting, cinematography, film, picture or letters made visible by any means, or any other recording instruments, recording picture or letters, or by broadcasting or spreading picture, or by propagation by any other means. Defamation is both a civil and criminal charge in Thailand.

18 hours ago, worgeordie said:

I would never send anything back,if you are lucky they

will only spit on it,best to walk out straight away.

So a cold case the Police thought they had seen the back

of,3 months later and they are going to collect witness 

statements, good luck with that.

regards Worgeordie

Waye aye canny lad - best advice you can give anyone, 100% agree, I'd rather just leave (pay or not pay the bill) than send it back.

1 hour ago, Media1 said:

Burn them on Trip advisor it comes up like a gem in Google key words

Does TripAdvisor filter those reviews to stay out of defamation territory themselves?  I know my reviews are held for 2-3 days before they get published- what few that I do.

1 hour ago, impulse said:

Does TripAdvisor filter those reviews to stay out of defamation territory themselves?  I know my reviews are held for 2-3 days before they get published- what few that I do.

it's not defamation explaining the daily conditions and one's experiences.. It is what it is as stated by the owner 

3 minutes ago, Media1 said:

it's not defamation explaining the daily conditions and one's experiences.. It is what it is as stated by the owner 

From Ron19's (moderator) post above:

Defamation is the issuance of a statement about another person or business which causes that person to suffer harm. It does not have to be false to be defamatory.

Defamation laws are different in Thailand.

Edited by impulse

1 hour ago, impulse said:

This is the first one I ever posted. I not a spiteful person. But l don't have some scum.bag call me a trouble maker. I actually helped clients train..Out of fear to look at them. They won't last long. New equipment who cares if you can't breathe.

1 minute ago, impulse said:

From Ron19 (moderator) post above:

Defamation is the issuance of a statement about another person or business which causes that person to suffer harm. It does not have to be false to be defamatory.

fair enough

20 minutes ago, impulse said:

I don't agree with the laws, but they are what they are.

Only in Thailand lol. In Australia you get put on national TV. The survival of this race has been bred on corruption..Its important that a PM addresses the real reforms needed to become a serious respected country 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

I recently had some ribs at an English pub in Bangkok but they were underdone and all but inedible. The British manager didn't charge me. I went to a pub in London with a friend and after waiting for an hour discovered they had lost our food order. We both didn't have to pay for anything, including our drinks.

That is the Brit way. I imagine it is the same in the USA. The Thai way is to insist you pay no matter how bad the service, and if you don't then they resort to violence. Because 1 - money is God above all else, except for 2 - the restaurant loses face. And 3 - Thais never do anything wrong so it must be the fault of the person complaining for being fussy. It is never the Thai's fault so there is no reason to apologise or compensate. And 4 - they don't care what you think.

And nor do the police, which is why they put the complaint in the bin. Which is also why places act the way they do, because they are immune from any consequences due to laziness and inertia from the authorities.

I eat at a Thai place outside Pattaya. Not expensive cheap..Been going long time. If they make a error they change the meal. No complaints 

Pattaya a breeding ground for some bad people protected by bad people end.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, ChrisY1 said:

More of the same.....possibly if they were tourists, it may have been different.

serious violence and damage. The cop should be also investigated for failure to do his job. Very bad indeed. The Thai should be charged for assault

Funny story...the same exact thing had happened to me a few years ago, in Chiang Mai. I mean, literally the same thing: cold pizza, send it back, comes back lukewarm, still uncooked in the middle. 

Only difference, I paid my bill and left. I think that was a wise choice....

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

I recently had some ribs at an English pub in Bangkok but they were underdone and all but inedible. The British manager didn't charge me. I went to a pub in London with a friend and after waiting for an hour discovered they had lost our food order. We both didn't have to pay for anything, including our drinks.

That is the Brit way. I imagine it is the same in the USA. The Thai way is to insist you pay no matter how bad the service, and if you don't then they resort to violence. Because 1 - money is God above all else, except for 2 - the restaurant loses face. And 3 - Thais never do anything wrong so it must be the fault of the person complaining for being fussy. It is never the Thai's fault so there is no reason to apologise or compensate. And 4 - they don't care what you think.

And nor do the police, which is why they put the complaint in the bin. Which is also why places act the way they do, because they are immune from any consequences due to laziness and inertia from the authorities.

Excellent Post, Squire.

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, PEE TEE said:

been here 16 years never had any problems with any restaurants . oh hold on i do my own cooking . if i do want to eat out i go to the night markets can get good pizzas for 100 thb cooked while you wait  

Good pizza for 100b it can't be real pizza mostly powder pizza I hope your home cooking is better end this 

23 hours ago, worgeordie said:

I would never send anything back,if you are lucky they

will only spit on it,best to walk out straight away.

So a cold case the Police thought they had seen the back

of,3 months later and they are going to collect witness 

statements, good luck with that.

regards Worgeordie

You right about sending food back to the kitchen in restaurants in Thailand.  As we all know causing Thais to lose face always has a consequence :sad:

My daughter ordered a seafood pizza in a place in Khon Kaen but asked them to leave off the mussels. When it arrived there were mussels on it so she sent it back. The place had a seperate area for making pizzas which allowed you to watch the chef at work so for the next few minutes we were treated to the sight of the chef picking off the offending mussels with his fingers before sending the same pizza back. 

Edited by nahkit

23 hours ago, gk10002000 said:

They said they would only pay for what they ate.  That is a bit vague. Did they eat 1/2 the pizza and then say it was cold? Or did they mean they ate some other foods and would only pay for them?

The word they used was 'consumed' not 'ate' so maybe they had some drinks?

3 hours ago, Henrik Andersen said:

Good pizza for 100b it can't be real pizza mostly powder pizza I hope your home cooking is better end this 

No Joke is very good thin crust hawaiian  must admit it wasn't very big but was tasty. if i were to go to a italian restaurant a believe would be around 350 to 450 b

much the same as pizza hut prices . i do watch lots of culinary programs and the top chefs say the best food is at the traditional market places ?   also your right my cooking is not that good haha 

14 minutes ago, PEE TEE said:

No Joke is very good thin crust hawaiian  must admit it wasn't very big but was tasty. if i were to go to a italian restaurant a believe would be around 350 to 450 b

much the same as pizza hut prices . i do watch lots of culinary programs and the top chefs say the best food is at the traditional market places ?   also your right my cooking is not that good haha 

I don't know what programs you looking but it is very wrong to say the best food is on market places

Do you not read the tread about very unhealthy food in meny Thai markets 

But keep up cooking your food it is better for you 555

And I love cooking my food 555

But to have a restaurant as meny of my friends say I have to do noway only cooking for family and friends 

Never complain about your food being cold or not the right order unless there is no question of something that is not suppose to be there, that you can take a photo of the problem!

Lessons learned way back... As some of my friends that worked at a pizza place back in the States.

They wound always spit on a pizza orders if the customer complained.

They did some really nasty things to a pizza order while the customer complained about an order while dining at the restaurant.  

Then watched them eat a snot and spit pizza and thought it was funny..