Thaivisa exclusive: Aussie bound biker stranded in Thailand talks to Thaivisa after being dumped off plane in Bangkok

rooster59

11 minutes ago, soalbundy said:

He will be forced to go back to the UK soon,hard to know who to be sorry for, him or the UK. Ah well, Australia's loss, a gain for the UK :cheesy:

I am not quite sure about that - why would he spend $2,000 AUS in his situation for a 1 year visa in Thailand in the first Place?

If you really have this issue you get 30 days on arrival and you can easy extend for another 2 x 30 days for a fraction of what he paid for the one year visa (2 x 1900thb). Then you have 90 days to figure out what to do NeXT.

This guy seems to really want to be in Thailand and I Guess it is more to this story...;)

Edited by ttrd
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, impulse said:

In 29 years of AA, I've met dozens, if not hundreds of guys whose history was a lot worse, and who looked a lot scarier.  A lot of them had turned their lives around and become model citizens and inspirations for others who want out of that life.  And I would (and have) trusted many of them with my life, and welcomed them into my home.

I don't know this guy.  But I'm not going to judge him based on what he may have been or done 20+ years ago.

I would not judge him either, but I would question the mentality of anyone covered in tattoos to that extent. 

• Thanks 2

4 hours ago, aldo7 said:

There is no "good guys" in motorcycle gangs. Not easy to believe  Thai Immigration gives immediatly a one year visa  as we know you have to show a lot of guarantees, financial, résidence and more.

What crap. People talk and this a fine example

1 hour ago, mommysboy said:

Provided there is nothing more to this story, then I'd be very surprised if he is not back with his family shortly.

Biker gang member or not, this seems one of those absurdities: married, kids, house, job, and no convictions for 25 years!

I very,very much doubt he will step foot in Oz ever again. Immigration and border control has become very tough over the last few years...and rightly so in my opinion. Many Kiwis have been given the bums rush as well.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, simple1 said:

Oz has been cracking down on members of organised crime motorbike gangs, a number of non citizens have been deported. In addition Immi rules state that any jail sentence of twelve months or more will now automatically make you liable for deportation. It could well be that the guy in the OP was subject to the tactic of having his PR cancelled upon departure from Oz; easier for govt than fight appeals whilst the guy is in Immi detention. 

I retired from Federal govt service after 37 years,  believe me it's no mistake that the tattooed man has been denied re-entry; quite probably he's subject to an ongoing investigation of an international scope,  consider drugs and illegal weapons.  

How they recognized him out of the thousands of farangs in LoS is anyone's guess  555

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, PEE TEE said:

He must have an income of 65.000 thb a month or 800.000 thb in a bank to get the visa . don't know how he can get back to Australia . if they refuse him entry its would be almost impossible   through the legal channels. try getting back with the merchant navy working on a ship  

He will be sent back to the UK where he comes from and is a citizen of. If he then chooses to apply to bring his Australian family members over then he will have to deal with whatever rules the UK have in place.

• Like 1

What a joke. Made to look like a bad person but only had 2 assault charges 

only coveted in tattoos and looks like a crook lol. Still doesn’t make much sense why the airline wouldn’t let him get on the plane

plus why didn’t he go to Austrailian embassy to see what’s going on. Why does he need a lawyer ?

some parts of this story missing 

35 minutes ago, Media1 said:

No they are cancelling anyone that has any involvement with any clubs. New laws in action. You have to.be born in OZ to be untouchable lol. But there giving resisisency and free money to raping torturing Africans and Muslims lol. Turnbull should be sent afloat on a dinghy. This man has committed.no crime and pays taxes lol.

No crime?...really? I guess assault is not a crime in your book. Besides read what other posters have written about the grounds for cancelling permanent residency.

He lost....bad luck....move on.

3 hours ago, Kerryd said:

How do I get a instant "1 year visa" while (presumably) in the airport, for just $2,000 AUD ?
And why do that anyways ? I'm guessing he arrived on either a 30 day stamp (or possibly a tourist visa) when he came for Bike Week. If it was a 30 day stamp, why not just go back through Immigration and get another 30 day stamp ? 
From the sounds of the story, he doesn't have the cash to meet the requirements for a 1 year visa (which the whole world now knows as well). Not to mention the whole "seasoning" thing (at least 2 months as noted above when applying for the Visa, and then 3 months when applying for an Extension of Stay).

Hmmm, if he was denied boarding (or "offloaded" as it says in the story) that means he would have been in the Departure area of the airport. To get a hold of a lawyer and arrange for a "1 year visa" (including handing over his passport and the $2,000) you'd think he would have had to leave the Departure area which means he would have had to go through Immigration (one way or another) and been "back in Thailand" (presumably on a 30 day stamp). If so, why bother with getting a "1 year retirement" visa ?

Also, the story says he went through Thai Immigration/Customs (so he was in the Departure Area) which means he was also checked in for the flight which means the airline staff would have already processed him (and checked his passport).
Oh wait, never mind. I remember how that works now. Once the airline has the passenger manifest it is forwarded to the destination Immigration service who then review it. They must have done a quick job of it to catch him before the flight took off though ! 2-3 hours from Check-in to Take-off and the manifest probably wouldn't have been sent to Australia until 30 minutes before take-off (when the check-in normally closes). If his name was flagged in their (Australian Immigration) system I could see how they could have got him before the flight took off but they would have had to have been pretty quick about it.

But there must be some kind of Appeal system in place (in Australia) where he could plead his case and show his longstanding ties to the country (family, job, etc). Of course it would be easier to do if you are in country. Ah - the other article says that he is already launching an appeal.

Many years ago (late 90s) I was on a flight from Canada to Thailand, via Japan. I had the pleasure (sarcasm) of sitting next to an "Aussie biker" that was being sent back to his "'last point of origin". He'd flown from Oz to Japan on one ticket/airline, then to Canada on a separate ticket/airline and then tried to fly to the US on another ticket/airline. However, the USA has an Immigration checkpoint in the Vancouver airport and this guy didn't have a visa. He tried to tell them that his girlfriend was waiting for him in Seattle with his Visa (lol) and for some strange reason (sarcasm) the Americans didn't believe him ! As he'd been denied entry to the US (and wasn't trying to get into Canada) he was held in a detention area until they could book a flight for him back to Japan (his "last point of origin"). I got to spend the entire flight listening to him go on about how they turned him away because of all his biker tats/long hair/looks/etc.
Not sure why he didn't just try to enter Canada and then cross the border by land (legally or otherwise). Do Aussies need visas to enter Canada ?

Also, how is it a "ThaiVisa Exclusive" when the story was in "The West Australian" news many hours earlier ? (With the same cover photo even) !

"Oh wait, never mind. I remember how that works now. Once the airline has the passenger manifest it is forwarded to the destination Immigration service who then review it. They must have done a quick job of it to catch him before the flight took off though ! "

Security vetting is already occurring as international Flights are being booked, months /weeks before flight.  If a "person of interest" lights up the monitor; then a process of monitoring leading up to a confirmed manifest and boarding is initiated.  

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, tryasimight said:

He will be sent back to the UK where he comes from and is a citizen of. If he then chooses to apply to bring his Australian family members over then he will have to deal with whatever rules the UK have in place.

He could always go to Malaysia for a bit. Get longer visas there just till he gets himself sorted

In 2013 Queensland Parliament imposed the Vicious Lawless Association Disestablishment Act, known as the VLAD laws, which were enacted to "come down harshly on outlaw motorcycle gangs and their members."

Which hunt in Aus

https://video.vice.com/en_us/video/australia39s-biker-crisis/56097a4dc70bd226563be357

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

• Thanks 1