Trump blasts Oprah over 60 Minutes episode

webfact

On 2/19/2018 at 9:25 PM, i claudius said:

I cant even imagine in my wildest dreams Oprah as president of the USA lolapp

That's what people said about Trump. I hope she doesn't run, but I can't imagine her not being an improvement over the current white house.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, F4UCorsair said:

The voters wanted change.

If the 45% who of American voters wanted change, why didn't they pick someone decent like Kasich?   Don't bother responding, I know the answer already.  Rednecks wanted a TV reality star who constantly says he's the greatest and can do no wrong.  Ok, I get it.

Heck, Putin himself would have been 'change.'   At least with Putin, the US would have a gentleman in charge, and Putin's plans wouldn't have to get regurgitated though a proxy spokesman (Trump).  Putin could just rule the US directly.  Problem solved.   Rednecks get the change in leadership they want, without the dufus in the middle.

• Sad 1

If the 45% who of American voters wanted change, why didn't they pick someone decent like Kasich?   Don't bother responding, I know the answer already.  Rednecks wanted a TV reality star who constantly says he's the greatest and can do no wrong.  Ok, I get it.

Heck, Putin himself would have been 'change.'   At least with Putin, the US would have a gentleman in charge, and Putin's plans wouldn't have to get regurgitated though a proxy spokesman (Trump).  Putin could just rule the US directly.  Problem solved.   Rednecks get the change in leadership they want, without the dufus in the middle.
Putin doesn't really want to lead America. He just wants it to fall apart as payback for the fall of the Soviet Union.

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Putin doesn't really want to lead America. He just wants it to fall apart as payback for the fall of the Soviet Union.

Don't think so. I see it not as a revenge matter, but simply as making Russia a, preferably the, worldpower. A weak USA makes it possible to become THE worldpower.

• Like 2

Don't think so. I see it not as a revenge matter, but simply as making Russia a, preferably the, worldpower. A weak USA makes it possible to become THE worldpower.

That was implied. I considered adding that before so we don't really disagree. The USA crashes and then others fill the vacuum. Already happening.

19 hours ago, helpisgood said:

This sounds like part of the plot to that old movie Network, where the news division is taken over by an entertainment manager leading to farcical events. 

Yes, and we've been trying to figure out who will emerge as Howard Beale.

A few years ago we thought it would be Glen Beck, now it looks like The Orange One.

And we know how his story ends...

13 hours ago, The Old Bull said:

Trump is a showman and a good one. The US dollar has dropped about 5฿ over the last year, so somebody on a $3000 pension has lost ฿15,000 per month but is he good enough to keep expats and people in the US rust belt still supporting him?

He single-handedly controls the exchange rate? I thought he was an idiot? :shock1: You must have hated it when Obama made the dollar hit below 29. :coffee1:

• Haha 1

On ‎2‎/‎20‎/‎2018 at 9:12 AM, isaanbanhou said:

I'm not sure what your sentence means, but yes I remember nixon, carter, ford, kennedy, carter and johnson.  nixon was a not nice man,  but he didn t grab em by the pu$$y and he wasn t an overt racist.

carter was inept , ford was accident prone, johnson left the bathroom door open when he shat.

trump is in  a different league. He is a dangerous, narcissistic buffoon. 

LOL. Kennedy was a notorious womaniser.

20 hours ago, stevenl said:

Huh! China is the next world power. Russia can't even overthrow Ukraine.

In case you hadn't noticed, the takeover has been going on for years.

• Sad 1

21 hours ago, boomerangutang said:

I saw a comment recently:

- Trump hasn't yet realised this is not a reality show, and

-Trump hasn't yet realised he doesn't own the camera...

21 hours ago, boomerangutang said:

On 2/20/2018 at 1:27 AM, canuckamuck said:

Feminism is just one angle of attack. The image of strong and capable father figures is almost never seen these days in media. One would be led to believe they don't even exist. Soldiers aren't good they're psychopaths and racists, Male bosses are predators, religious leaders are pedophiles. All of it to prop up the theory of male oppression and multiple victims. Feminism hasn't been about equality for a long time now.

Have you ever considered a sombrero? I think that litle hat of yours is squeezing your brain again. 

I will not specifically answer any of the above assertions as not to carry this Thread in to off topic territory, But I will say this , Feminism is by definition a quest of equality among the sexes, and has done nothing to contribute to predatory male behaviour (quite the opposite) or Catholic priest Pedophilia (not religious leaders as there is litle evidence of pervasive pedophilia in the ranks of other religious leaders).

22 hours ago, Jingthing said:

It's hard to imagine any public figure as unlikely as "trump" to win the presidency. Truly a global black swan of epic proportions. Ironic considering his campaign was largely based on white resentment.

The question now is if America will ever live down this massive mistake.

I'm not as concerned about living down this massive mistake as I am living through it and then rebounding. I'm thinking it's gonna' be a long road righting all the wrongs. Huge task, that one.

• Like 1

I guess Ivanka and Jared were off on a Caribean get-away for the long weekend, and Melania also did a runner (excluding a brief hospital tour), so Trump was all by himself, and prohibited from playing golf, for Saturday and Sunday, at least. So all he had to to do was watch TV and tweet. And boy did he go crazy.

trump_golfs.jpg

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Huh! China is the next world power. Russia can't even overthrow Ukraine.

In case you hadn't noticed, the takeover has been going on for years.

Have you told Putin yet?

The fan base of Oprah is also pretty dedicated.     She's not poor and I'd guess  she has a clean slate as far as such things as pu..y grabbing and such.      I doubt she paid hush money for any trist.      I have no clue about her background as I did not and do not watch her programs  except for a few  YouTube clips.

Interesting to observe the evolution of the USA election process.

4 and OUT?     Only the Las Vegas Odds makers know for sure.

Stay tuned..

I seriously don't want Oprah to be president. In her career she's promoted all kinds of unscientific "magical thinking" charlatans. We've had enough of this irrational crapola with "trump" and his anti science movement on things like climate change. Of course she's much better than "trump." I'd be much better than "trump" and trust me, you don't want me as president. The bar needs to be a lot higher than better than "trump."

Edited by Jingthing

11 hours ago, sirineou said:

Have you ever considered a sombrero? I think that litle hat of yours is squeezing your brain again. 

I will not specifically answer any of the above assertions as not to carry this Thread in to off topic territory, But I will say this , Feminism is by definition a quest of equality among the sexes, and has done nothing to contribute to predatory male behaviour (quite the opposite) or Catholic priest Pedophilia (not religious leaders as there is litle evidence of pervasive pedophilia in the ranks of other religious leaders).

Sorry I was probably unclear. The feminist portrayal of men (which has become mainstream) in media which depicts men being of these negative archetypes and none of the good, unless the man is gay or a minority of course. I am not saying it has caused men to be this way. It perhaps has made men less interested in women.

1 hour ago, canuckamuck said:

Sorry I was probably unclear. The feminist portrayal of men (which has become mainstream) in media which depicts men being of these negative archetypes and none of the good, unless the man is gay or a minority of course. I am not saying it has caused men to be this way. It perhaps has made men less interested in women.

I don't think that the feminist movement Is portraying man in any way, positive or negative.I think it is reacting to issues it needs to mitigate and as such it is reacting to negative behaviours. 

What would you have them  do, for every rally they have against misogynistic attitude, they should have a rally praising  man's positive attributes?

It has certainly not made me less interested in women, I mean what's the alternative LOL

Though I am not a fan of Oprah, (not my cup of tea) I have a lot of respect for her and what she has achieved. I am afraid I can say the same for Trump.

I think he should stop watching TV and do the job he finds himself in. Or resign and he can watch all the TV he wants or be in as many reality shows his heart desires. 

• Like 1

On ‎2‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 7:15 PM, Dap said:

I'm not as concerned about living down this massive mistake as I am living through it and then rebounding. I'm thinking it's gonna' be a long road righting all the wrongs. Huge task, that one.

If the economy continues to do as well, unemployment continues to fall, and wages keep rising, expect another 7 years to live through.

:smile:

• Haha 1

On ‎2‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 7:31 PM, mtls2005 said:

I guess Ivanka and Jared were off on a Caribean get-away for the long weekend, and Melania also did a runner (excluding a brief hospital tour), so Trump was all by himself, and prohibited from playing golf, for Saturday and Sunday, at least. So all he had to to do was watch TV and tweet. And boy did he go crazy.

trump_golfs.jpg

Soooo, you'd prefer him to attend the funeral, which would have caused all sorts of chaos, and spoiled the occasion for the people that matter with the attendant media frenzy as how he "exploited the occasion for the publicity"?

On ‎2‎/‎22‎/‎2018 at 6:14 AM, canuckamuck said:

The current version of feminism, which is not the same as when it started, certainly put me off any idea of ever marrying another western woman, ever. Still like Asian women.

• Like 1