Illegal Nigerian immigrant arrested in Phuket over fake US bank notes

webfact

Illegal immigrant arrested over fake US bank notes

"There’s no report about his return and police suspect that he traveled through Buriram province where has the border connects with Cambodia."

By Kritsada Mueanhawong

New-100-dollar-bill-security-features-AF

A 29 year old Nigerian, Chukwuemeka Anslem Njibigbo, has been arrested after exchanging a fake 100 dollar bank note at the Kasikorn Bank in Central Festival Phuket.

Police received a report from the bank about the fake $100 bank note. After checking, police found that the Nigerian man went to exchange the money on February 13 and returned to the bank again yesterday (February 18) but didn’t have any fake bank notes with him. He wasn’t carrying a passport at the scene and tried to fight when getting arrested.

Full story: https://www.phuketgazette.net/news/phuket/illegal-immigrant-arrested-fake-us-bank-notes

pgazette_logo-20170817.jpg
-- © Copyright Phuket Gazette 2018-02-20
  • Haha 1

he had a fake note on day 1, on day 2 he didnt have a fake note.
i live in cambodia at the moment and just about everyone here inspects the dollars if they are good enough,
so i'm taking it there is a fair amount of fakes here.
i would in all likelihood not be able to detect a false note, and this nigerian may as well have gotten the fake without knowing it 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, poanoi said:

he had a fake note on day 1, on day 2 he didnt have a fake note.
i live in cambodia at the moment and just about everyone here inspects the dollars if they are good enough,
so i'm taking it there is a fair amount of fakes here.
i would in all likelihood not be able to detect a false note, and this nigerian may as well have gotten the fake without knowing it 

Could be, but I doubt it.

I had a 5 day work assignment in Lagos. Training gov official on computer software. I once wandered out of the hotel 'compound' and was immediately shaken down by a man in uniform with a long rifle. After that gov car only to from hotel. Flew home on the Saturday and told my agent I would never go back there again. And I never did. Shit Hole country.... I can say it. 

• Like 1

On 2/20/2018 at 8:31 AM, DoctorG said:

I feel sorry for the 3 honest Nigerians in Thailand but the Thais should just stop allowing entries from Nigeria.

I wouldn't feel too sorry for them. They are all probably busy going out trying to find some Old Thai Woman they can scam. 

• Like 1

I had a 5 day work assignment in Lagos. Training gov official on computer software. I once wandered out of the hotel 'compound' and was immediately shaken down by a man in uniform with a long rifle. After that gov car only to from hotel. Flew home on the Saturday and told my agent I would never go back there again. And I never did. Shit Hole country.... I can say it. 

Lucky you made it out with your life .

Sent from my iPad using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app