If Im on an ext of stay based on marriage what are the rules for travelling abroad?

I realise that I would be subjected to 90 day reporting if on an ext of stay based on marriage.

But what if I want to go abroad for a few months in between. Flying back into Thailand will I get questioned about this? If I have the multiple re-entry permit in my PPort does it matter about the length of time Im away and do I have to be back in the country at the time of the 90 day reporting.

Alternatively should I be thinking about a different visa? Im under 50, registered marriage and have baby.

I just need to know my options now before I quit my job.

It does not matter how long you are away, as long as you return before your current extension of stay ends and you have a re-entry permit. This is true with any visa type.

The 90 day reporting period applies only to consecutive time in country. If you leave the country before having been here for 90 days, no need for a 90 day report for that period. Then the  clock re-starts when  you newly enter.

However, you (or your wife, if she owns the house) would  need to file a TM30 when you return.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, advancebooking said:

Alternatively should I be thinking about a different visa? Im under 50, registered marriage and have baby.

I just need to know my options now before I quit my job.

Not a lot of other options for under 50. Unless working or Thai elite Visa.

Both the re-entry permit and extension expire at the same time. As long as you return before they expire and you get a new extension before the current one expires, you're OK. 

The 90 day report is required only if you're in the country for 90 consecutive days. If you're out of Thailand, when you return the 90 day count restarts at day one.

Edited by Suradit69

18 hours ago, Sheryl said:

However, you (or your wife, if she owns the house) would  need to file a TM30 when you return.

Depends on his local immigration office. Rayong, for example, would only require a fresh TM30 if he and his wife had moved to another address since his previous TM30 had been submitted.

That said, I do gather from reports on here that Chiang Mai, Jomtien and Phuket all require a fresh TM30 to be submitted following each and every trip to foreign parts regardless.

Edited by OJAS

Just make sure that you purchase your re-entry permit from immigration or immigration at the airport BEFORE boarding that plane!  As long as you have that  re-entry permit before flying when you return to Thailand your current extension of stay will still be valid and you shouldn't have any problems.  We usually fly to Hawaii once a year to keep my wife's United States permanent resident status valid since we're currently living in Thailand.  My wife was a United States permanent resident before we met in back in the states 20 years ago.  If we ever decide to move back to the states I don't want to have to worry about getting her a visa and then having to put her through the whole green card process again.  She's been a United States Permanent Resident since 1985 when she was just a kid.  Anyway that re-entry permit is extremely important if you're on an extension of stay.  Don't leave home without it!  

On February 21, 2018 at 7:50 PM, Sheryl said:

It does not matter how long you are away, as long as you return before your current extension of stay ends and you have a re-entry permit. This is true with any visa type.

The 90 day reporting period applies only to consecutive time in country. If you leave the country before having been here for 90 days, no need for a 90 day report for that period. Then the  clock re-starts when  you newly enter.

Exactly 

On 2/22/2018 at 2:32 PM, OJAS said:

Depends on his local immigration office. Rayong, for example, would only require a fresh TM30 if he and his wife had moved to another address since his previous TM30 had been submitted.

That said, I do gather from reports on here that Chiang Mai, Jomtien and Phuket all require a fresh TM30 to be submitted following each and every trip to foreign parts regardless.

Isnt that bloody rediculous. They expect us to get signed forms from the landlord everytime we leave the country and come back. Can I get the guy to sign many TM30s without a date and just take it there on behalf of the landlord?

24 minutes ago, advancebooking said:

Isnt that bloody rediculous. They expect us to get signed forms from the landlord everytime we leave the country and come back. Can I get the guy to sign many TM30s without a date and just take it there on behalf of the landlord?

You could try this, I suppose, but, if the landlord is Thai, the office will probably expect the form to be completed in ultra-neat Thai manuscript as far as possible. What is the quality of your Thai handwriting for the notification-specific entries like?

You would also need to ask your landlord to to provide you with a bumper-bumper number of copies of his ID card, tabien bahn and each and every other supporting doc which the office might require of him.

Edited by OJAS

13 minutes ago, OJAS said:

You could try this, I suppose, but, if the landlord is Thai, the office will probably expect the form to be completed in ultra-neat Thai manuscript as far as possible. What is the quality of your Thai handwriting for the notification-specific entries like?

You would also need to ask your landlord to to provide you with a bumper-bumper number of copies of his ID card, tabien bahn and each and every other supporting doc which the office might require of him.

Or he could self-file as the 'possessor' of the property.