A granny's tears of joy as "Kindest German in Thailand" continues charity mission!

webfact

17 minutes ago, shackleton said:

Yes good on the guy helping the poor

but as many will know or proberly do  when you marry a Thai woman 

most of us take on the responsibility of helping the immediate family whether 

It  be building a house putting the kids through school basically ensuring they all have a good quality of life

The unsung heroes 

Sure Mr. Abele didn't ask for the attention he is now receiving.

And you and me and all the other "unsung heroes" we keep up with our resposibilities.

Still, I'm happy to know there are many people out there like Reiner Abele.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, PerkinsCuthbert said:

She sells nuts to buy ya ba?

No don't think so...just a very badly written article.

After that she moved out because she didn't feel safe with the drugged up youth in the area believing it was only a matter of time before they stole the money she made selling nuts to buy Ya Ba.

she is scared the drug addicts would take the money she earned from selling nuts and use it to buy Ya Ba

generally I have a lot of respect for do-gooders, especially those that just get on with it.
And believe it or not, there is a lot of things going on that we do not usually hear about.
Childrens' homes, dormitories near schools, old people getting support, grants for studies, people working to stop human trafficking and take care of the victims rehabilitation and education, to just name a few initiatives that benefit the people directly involved and also their communities.
Of course it is nice that a good samaritan goes around and hands out some bandaids ( or according to this article promises to) 
However, without me understanding the rationale or purpose of a personalised media circus, I'd say that the efforts might have longer lasting effects, and the motives would be clearer, when bundled with other people's undertakings

Having said that, of course it is nice that Granny does not have to live in a shack any longer. Well done!
To create a forest, one has to start with planting the first tree.

• Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, sawadee1947 said:

Are you envy him because you feel too rotten to do as him? ?

Not at all.

In this world that we live in today, where everybody 'needs' to know what is happening about everything, once a person is in the limelight through social media, for whatever reason, all the skeletons will be dragged from the closets.

Pretty sure he didn't want the publicity like this. If he did, then IMO he is a false flag.

But, only my opinion, I think he is doing a great job and if I had time on my hands I would hope to do something similar. That is easy to say though..................

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, canuckamuck said:

Yes good for him, nice to see someone making a difference in a tangible way.

However just from observation, the spotlight is not often a good place for foreigners here. It has a tendency to burn a little too bright and people love to turn on a media darling. Best to get back below the radar for a while.

watch out you think 

tik tok

Who picks up these stories and decides to run with them?

As usual it is over reported, and give it a few days and this kindly German is going to end up with a backlash of hate.

These people should just keep a low profile and stop drawing attention to themselves, they are putting themselves in a position to get shot down quickly.
It's almost certainly not the German seeking attention. It looks to me he's been given the attention, and is quite possibly embarrassed by it. Those of true philanthropic natures generally prefer no publicity.

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

7 hours ago, dotpoom said:

I have been asking for many years now.....where are the charitable organizations that help the elderly. 

I wasn't long living in Thailand (Pattaya at first) when I noticed all these businesses and organizations constantly donating to childrens charities....when I'd ask....why not the same effort for the elderlyI was met with blank stares.

Eventually, I went to a convent to find an answer to my question. I was told that it was because "the family of the elderly took care of them".

I got involved with the Father Ray foundation later on through one of the nuns. I happened to be walking with one of the " house mother's" one day and remarked how sad it was for the children there at the home who had no parents etc.,...She suddenly went silent...."what's wrong" I asked.

"You feel sorry for these children".. she asked  "They have a far better life than I had". She went on to explain that they are never hungry, always have nice cloths, go to school (with daily pocket money) get all their books bought for them.

She went on to say....her Mother took her out of school when she was old enough to go selling on the street carrying that long bambo stick thing with a basket on each end. She was always hungry, tired, poor and never happy.

I have thought long and hard about that day since.

PS.... Her Mother ended up in a Wat but they couldn't take care of her after she became immobile. Through that same Nun I met we managed to get the Mother into a Nursing Home ( the daughter had never heard of such a home) where she eventually died.

The hidden element of Thais of all ages in abject poverty. 

I know a Thai friend of my girlfriend who lost her father at 5 years old and her mother struggled to get them both enough to eat for years.   Little to no education so the daughter (now 43) went to work in a Bar at 15 years old, it was the only way she could support her mother. 

There but for the grace of whatever Gods go all of us.

Sadly there's no shortage of bloated farang guys who sneer at the Thai working Bar women and Freelancers.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, The Teacher said:

I hope some better off others catch on and give a little back to the new country they now call home 

As well as the BMW, Mercedes, expensive watch wearing better-offs that have lived here for a while.

"After that she moved out because she didn't feel safe with the drugged up youth in the area believing it was only a matter of time before they stole the money she made selling nuts to buy Ya Ba."

I think I'm probably reading it wrong, but she was selling nuts to buy Ya Ba"? :cheesy:

31 minutes ago, sambum said:

"After that she moved out because she didn't feel safe with the drugged up youth in the area believing it was only a matter of time before they stole the money she made selling nuts to buy Ya Ba."

I think I'm probably reading it wrong, but she was selling nuts to buy Ya Ba"? :cheesy:

I must be like you a non reader as it’s the same to me. Who cares, not a great story anyway.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Ivanovitch said:

"only a matter of time before they stole the money (she made selling nuts) to buy Ya Ba."

OK, now you can read ? :-D

"she was selling nuts to buy Ya Ba"? :cheesy:"

OK, now you can laugh? Note the :cheesy: at the end of the line which implies that the comment was meant to be humorous! Are you of Eastern Europe extraction. perchance?