Touchy feely in Thailand

trevoromgh

One thing I've noticed since arriving in Thailand is that when you get to know a Thai male friend/relation well they are inclined to get a bit 'touchy feely' which can be a bit strange to a westerner like me.  Normally it's a squeeze to the knee or arm but I'm not sure if I should ever reciprocate in a similar manner or would this be considered taboo?   Have any of you ever experienced this yourself and how did you feel and react?

1 hour ago, WinnieTheKhwai said:

If it does then she wants you to bone her.   No exceptions, any female touching a male in any way, any place, any brief duration of time:  hammer time.

whether 16 or 79?? Good luck hammering man, rather you than me :partytime2:

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 2/22/2018 at 8:06 AM, ezzra said:

I'd be happier if those touchy feely gestures would come from a good looking female

as oppose to man....

I get lots of Thai ladies visiting our home, almost all of them have to touch my legs, nothing rises.

When i was 100% able, it never happened, now when i cannot rise to the occasion ,ladies always touching me.:cheesy:

• Like 1
  • Sad 2
  • Haha 1

Can't win can you Colin?

We have a couple of ladies in the office who like to hold on whilst talking, very nice it is too :tongue:

Trouble is it's invariably highly technical talking and a pretty hanging on to your arm whilst talking supply loadings and droop is a little distracting :whistling:

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

Yeah, especially when they're drunk.  <laughs>  There are a few guys in our village that are just fine until after hitting the kaow lao.  If I can tell they're drunk I steer clear if I can.  If I can't, it's all pretty harmless.  Better then having them drunk and angry.  Haven't seen that; don't want to. 

• Like 1

Interesting topic. I there’s a generational thing involved in these types of things....plus where we can from or course.

The younger people I know in my home country often hug when greeting....I’ve gotten used to it.

Connection is better than isolation in my book.

...its not uncommon for Thai people to sleep with their parents or relatives up until adulthood I’ve been informed by my Thai partner.

I know two good friends who are brother and sister who sleep in the same bed ...

its about finances...

22 hours ago, colinneil said:

I get lots of Thai ladies visiting our home, almost all of them have to touch my legs, nothing rises.

When i was 100% able, it never happened, now when i cannot rise to the occasion ,ladies always touching me.:cheesy:

They call that pri*k teaser

Just now, colinneil said:

Normally yes, but in my case its called paraplegia.

Sorry colin didnt mean anything and understand your condition my brother in law had a bike accident in the uk on a track day he was only 30 at the time.

You seem to have a great attitude and humour all the best.

• Haha 1

Just now, kwak250 said:

Sorry colin didnt mean anything and understand your condition my brother in law had a bike accident in the uk on a track day he was only 30 at the time.

You seem to have a great attitude and humour all the best.

No worries mate, just my crazy sense of humour.

• Haha 1

Well, i am not expert in body language, but imo, touching one's body repeatedly while talking, is a clear sign of attempted manipulation.

I did it too, almost unconsciously, while talking to a nice woman a few days ago.

If you are getting it from a Thai male, nothing to it. Just a bit of extra communication, although I don't reciprocate to avoid misinterpretation.

With a Thai female, very different. While she may not be indicating she wants you to get into her pants on the spot, she is indicating interest. Up to you.

On 2/23/2018 at 2:24 PM, Crossy said:

Can't win can you Colin?

We have a couple of ladies in the office who like to hold on whilst talking, very nice it is too :tongue:

Trouble is it's invariably highly technical talking and a pretty hanging on to your arm whilst talking supply loadings and droop is a little distracting :whistling:

that's positive, keeping them in the loop.

I cannot stand any male touching me at all, I won't even let them cut my hair, Thai male shop assistants have tried to touch me lots of times, but they are told immediately "keep your hands off".

As for Thai male relations touching me, it just hasn't happened, if it did, I would just mention it to my wife.

• Like 1

At a family gathering and he was drunk. I told him that I didn't like his touching and to stop it. He said he was a cop and had kids. I said don't touch me again. He got up, fell over, and passed out. Done deal :post-4641-1156694572:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, possum1931 said:

I cannot stand any male touching me at all, I won't even let them cut my hair, Thai male shop assistants have tried to touch me lots of times, but they are told immediately "keep your hands off".

As for Thai male relations touching me, it just hasn't happened, if it did, I would just mention it to my wife.

You won't go to a barber shop because a man will touch your head when cutting your hair?!

What about someone male friend giving you a pat on the back and a business man giving you a hand shake?

And a male doctor?

Must be kind of a phobia you have... maybe see someone about it.