Astrologer ‘Ordered’ To Stop Predicting Gov’t Doom

webfact

4 minutes ago, lamecn said:

Yes, we westerners have to learn to understand Thai culture!

We do?

A culture designed to keep the powerful, powerful and further enrich the rich. Not the only country to do it though.

Edited by lvr181
Additional comment
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Stargrazer9889 said:

In Asia there is Corruption, then there is Superstition, then being afraid of ghosts, goblins, and other

such spirits. Belief in Amunets, etc, etc,  that is why it is called, Amazing Thailand and Exoctic Asia.

Geezer

I think the big fear is being prosecuted 10 years in the future when the winds shift and what you said or did that was accepted today pisses off the guys who may be in power a decade down the line. 

Which means it's safer to do absolutely boo diddly squat.  Exactly the way they want things.  Frozen into inaction.

I recall that as a child it was considered unlucky to walk under a ladder, step on the cracks between paving stones and any Friday the 13th was best to be used as a duvet day :smile: Now a few years later a little bit older and a little wiser I see it for what it is Bullshit, it's about time the PM grew up and grew a pair, or better still resign and go and live in a cave. :smile: 

9 hours ago, bendejo said:

Thaksin put a lot of faith in fortune tellers, especially one of Japanese descent who lived in Chiang Mai.

Did him pretty well, no?

He put a lot of faith in  conventional fortune too which has served him quite well

Billions and Billions I read somewhere 

59 minutes ago, outsider said:

It shows they are still capable of pecking a hapless pigeon to death. Why are they scared? Why are they afraid and think it's a bad omen? Isn't it a sign of power and superiority?

They  are worried that they might not be the crow, but the pigeon.... 

Ha ha, you don't need to be a fortune teller to see what's on its way, i just hope someone gets a shot in first before too much nastiness occurs........ As we all know, someone who takes power at the point of a gun, will have to leave at the point of one........ I still remember the last pongo chancer, Suchinda........ Oh, i think i may of overstepped it there......... bad, bad, boy.....

1 hour ago, Golden Triangle said:

I recall that as a child it was considered unlucky to walk under a ladder, step on the cracks between paving stones and any Friday the 13th was best to be used as a duvet day :smile: Now a few years later a little bit older and a little wiser I see it for what it is Bullshit, it's about time the PM grew up and grew a pair, or better still resign and go and live in a cave. :smile: 

Not if you were a Knights Templar........ Bad day Fri 13th....... Roast nuts anyone ?

• Like 1