It's a crime: Foreigners marrying Thais now subject to fingerprints taken for criminal background

rooster59

2 hours ago, rooster59 said:

PHUKET: Officials in charge of registering marriages in Phuket have confirmed that they have begun scanning fingerprints of all foreign men who register to marry a Thai woman so that they can have criminal background checks conducted.

hope that works both ways lol

• Haha 2

Well, that's fair enough.

And as for criminal record checks, you should get one for any Thai you intend to employ. My ex-house cleaner, when she gets out of prison, will have a criminal record for theft in the special category: "Stealing from the employer."

I have nothing to hide, but she and her dropkick, wimp of a husband will.

However, fingerprints, iris recognition, whatever, are all valid tools in the screening process. They are needed now more than ever.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Its a black issue, according to me, as according to the mindset of immigration relative large numbers of black people can live in Thailand due to marriage, they, immigration reason that a number are 'convenient' marriages whereby no relationship can be established due to separations........while the romance gangs can continue to dupe Thai ladies into poverty!!

True or false......? its the mindset

• Like 2