Hotels only reporting 1 occupants

Like many wives in Thailand, I usually handle the finances when we travel.  In fact, it's kind of amazing how the staff at restaurants, hotels, etc will usually hand over the bill to the woman in a couple, even if that woman is a foreigner.  Since I pay the hotel wih a credit card in my name, they usually just make a copy of my passport and don't care about Hubby's.

It took some getting used to when we went to Malaysia and hotel & restaurant staff would look to him to make decisions about where we wanted to sit, hand him the bill, expect him to order first, want him to sign in at a hotel desk, etc.  

On 28 February 2018 at 1:36 PM, Pattaya46 said:

So what do you use ?

And in which kind of places do you stay ?

Nearly every hotel or guesthouse asked me for my passport...

Many that are ok with my Thai DL, but also many that insist on my passport.

I would have said, but TV crashed out on me midway through, as usual, and I am surprised so much actually got published, that I use my Thai driving licence, which carries my old passport number. Faced with a "take it or leave it, cos I don't have my passport with me" stance (never true, it's against the law!) they always back down rather than lose the business.

I stay in all levels 5 star to cheap bungalows. Depends on price, deals available to me, and location.