Divorce

garyb

hi guys , i have been seperated from my thai wife for over 2 yrs now , we both want a divorce , we married in bkk signed papers etc etc ! we are both living in uk ! i have had different information from ppl regarding divorcing a thai ! i was told that if we divorce in uk , the divorce would not count in thailand ! :o .....this came from somebody i was chatting to and there father was a thai lawyer !!!!!! can anybody please clear up this matter ? many thanks ! i have tried emailing thai embassy and was told go see a solicitor , not very helpful !

hi guys , i have been seperated from my thai wife for over 2 yrs now , we both want a divorce , we married in bkk signed papers etc etc ! we are both living in uk ! i have had different information from ppl regarding divorcing a thai ! i was told that if we divorce in uk , the divorce would not count in thailand ! :o .....this came from somebody i was chatting to and there father was a thai lawyer !!!!!! can anybody please clear up this matter ? many thanks ! i have tried emailing thai embassy and was told go see a solicitor , not very helpful !

I don't know if it's valid in the UK but you can get a Thai divorce at the Thai embassy in London providing you both agree. You can download the form from the embassy's website, it's all in thai I'm afraid but very easy and straightforward, then you make an appointment at the embassy, take 2 witnesses with you and it's completed the same day. Check that the UK will recognize the divorce but as you were married in Thailand I believe they do.