Arsenal

MiG16

arsenal board have repeatedly said that wenger has the backing to spend large,so why is wenger attempting to buy large now? partly to do with the players available . but i reckon he sees the current 'state of flux' at the top of the top prem as an opportunity and maybe the right time 2 make a step 4ward Is wenger right ? probably as good a time as there has been recently , Will he

be sussesful ? depends .he seems wholeyj focused on attacking options but as someone else said on hete b4 he needs needs to show the same intent with the midfeild then maybe it will work.

arsenal board have repeatedly said that wenger has the backing to spend large,so why is wenger attempting to buy large now? partly to do with the players available . but i reckon he sees the current 'state of flux' at the top of the top prem as an opportunity and maybe the right time 2 make a step 4ward Is wenger right ? probably as good a time as there has been recently , Will he

be sussesful ? depends .he seems wholeyj focused on attacking options but as someone else said on hete b4 he needs needs to show the same intent with the midfeild then maybe it will work.

There's big and there's big. Last year Wenger bought Podolski, Giroud, Monreal and Cazorla, none of whom were cheap.

But I think he wants a quality, proven striker, our defence was none too shabby last season, but we certainly didn't score enough goals.

I'm expecting to see some names from here this year...fingers out gooners!

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/653753-epl-prediction-competition-201314/

Unfortunately all my spare time goes into the one I do here. Won it last year, $3,000 went into my Chiang Mai retirement fund.

thumbsup.gif

all your spare time? come on Chicog it takes 5 minutes a week just sign up

• Like 1

They can have Suarez...for 55Mil... which is a snip considering Bale is 80Mil.

I don't get this. They keep talking about Suarez having a 40m release contract. Rodgers seems to think he can get 55m for him. Not unless there is an auction mate.

I don't get this. They keep talking about Suarez having a 40m release contract. Rodgers seems to think he can get 55m for him. Not unless there is an auction mate.

Or a separate cannibal league. biggrin.png

• Like 2

Meeting a 40M release clause doesn't mean we have to sell him for that, just that he can have a chin wag with the bidder.

Meeting a 40M release clause doesn't mean we have to sell him for that, just that he can have a chin wag with the bidder.

You are wrong there mate. Sorry to say it.....

• Like 1

Santos has been sold to Flamengo. A little more cash in the Suarez kitty ?

Thank Christ for that. I wonder which of our Turkish scouts was bribed big-time to report back that Santos was a worthwhile (6 million quid worthwhile) left-sided defender. Arsene must have crapped himself when he saw him play; he couldn't defend for toffee and that must surely have been apparent. Would have made a better left sided CAM

In that case it would have been called a "Chinwag clause", wouldn't it?

biggrin.png

Anyway, don't fret, even if Wenger wants to pay that sort of money, Silent Stan might have something to say about it.