Arsenal

MiG16

They can have Suarez...for 55Mil... which is a snip considering Bale is 80Mil.

I don't get this. They keep talking about Suarez having a 40m release contract. Rodgers seems to think he can get 55m for him. Not unless there is an auction mate.

From what i understand, the release clause sometimes isnt actually what it says, from what i understand it can be more a 'talk clause', by offering the said figure gives them 'the right' to talk to the contracted player , the club, although it seems they generally accept the offer , still have the right 2 say no.. that's my understanding of them, but i suppose its all individually down to the wording in each contract

Edited by rijit
  • Like 1

"Going nowhere" invariably means "going nowhere at the currently offered prices" in transfer-speak.

Where did you create the fact that Arsene was going to spend 100 mil from Smokie? Catching the summer journalist invention bug? "T'was always 60 something ish mil.

If prices get really silly then it would not surprise me if Kroenke decides not to spend the big money on a forward (and who can blame him - he missed the boat by being too conservative last summer), which would then probably and ultimately trigger a bid from the "silly money men" (we have our Russian in the wings).

"Going nowhere" invariably means "going nowhere at the currently offered prices" in transfer-speak.

Where did you create the fact that Arsene was going to spend 100 mil from Smokie? Catching the summer journalist invention bug? "T'was always 60 something ish mil.

If prices get really silly then it would not surprise me if Kroenke decides not to spend the big money on a forward (and who can blame him - he missed the boat by being too conservative last summer), which would then probably and ultimately trigger a bid from the "silly money men" (we have our Russian in the wings).

The difference last season was goals scored....if you want to win things then ya gotta do what Citeh have done.

You have no bite up front Santi....and long may you continue to wag yer tail cos for sure you lot have no bark. biggrin.png

Really? What Russian is that?

Alisher Usmanov

The difference last season was goals scored....if you want to win things then ya gotta do what Citeh have done.

You have no bite up front Santi....and long may you continue to wag yer tail cos for sure you lot have no bark. biggrin.png

Surely you mean what United have done(RVP)....City have just bought a few players and have a new manager they actually have not performed together yet and won anything!! and nothing is guaranteed is it mate.

Good teams win the League that means in all departments this year both City and Chelsea afaik have not strengthened at the back.

Alisher Usmanov

He's not Russian.

?? Uzbekistan was Russian when he was born. Wikipedia leads with "Alisher Burkhanovich Usmanov (Uzbek: Alisher Usmonov, Алишер Бурханович Усмонов) (born 9 September 1953) is an Uzbek-born Russian business magnate".

You seem determined to pick an argument with me over everything I post. My guess is you were bullied at school.

• Like 1

I see you chumps have failed to sign anyone at all.

How's your captain by the way? biggrin.png

I see your manager has not rushed to deny rumours in the Spanish press that he is actively seeking the Barca job. How many of your precious heros will he take with him if he gets it?clap2.gif

Edited by SantiSuk

Alisher Usmanov

He's not Russian.

?? Uzbekistan was Russian when he was born. Wikipedia leads with "Alisher Burkhanovich Usmanov (Uzbek: Alisher Usmonov, Алишер Бурханович Усмонов) (born 9 September 1953) is an Uzbek-born Russian business magnate".

You seem determined to pick an argument with me over everything I post. My guess is you were bullied at school.

Yes, he's Uzbeki. And I don't pick fights with you. I criticise you because you're obviously retarded and don't know it.

Koscielny reportedly limped out of training in Asia (a big place!). No reports yet on how serious. Only one fit CB plus Djouro (expletive deleted) if serious - yikes.

• Like 1

Really? Arsenal scored more goals than city last season , what gained city 2nd place was their frugal defence.

Really? Arsenal scored more goals than city last season , what gained city 2nd place was their frugal defence.

Yes le arse are great at scoring against the bottom three.

Yes le arse are great at scoring against the bottom three.

yeah you could be right smokes, if you forget the 6 they put past uscrying.gif and the 4 thy put past Liverpool. but point taken they whopped some pretty out of salts opposition last season

I don't get this. They keep talking about Suarez having a 40m release contract. Rodgers seems to think he can get 55m for him. Not unless there is an auction mate.

Meeting a 40M release clause doesn't mean we have to sell him for that, just that he can have a chin wag with the bidder.

You are wrong there mate. Sorry to say it.....

Not so sure Smokes, I guess each contract is going to have its own terms and conditions relating to release or buy-out clauses. The said amount could just be a guarantee for the selling team, it could also have sub-conditions to it that need to be met also. I doubt most clubs with prize players contracts would leave themselves in a position where they can do nothing except hand the player his loyalty bonus and dry their tears as he rides of into the sunset on a bag of money to their arch enemy.

Anyway in the case of the gobsh*te in question their must be fine print conditions. There was some confusion with the first Arse bid as to what his position was. One of those conditions would be a transfer request. maybe just wishful thinking on my behalf.

Meeting a 40M release clause doesn't mean we have to sell him for that, just that he can have a chin wag with the bidder.

In that case it would have been called a "Chinwag clause", wouldn't it?

biggrin.png

Anyway, don't fret, even if Wenger wants to pay that sort of money, Silent Stan might have something to say about it.

biggrin.png yeah your record fee is £15 for Arshavin isn't it? sods law you will break the bank at our expense

Anyway in the case of the gobsh*te in question their must be fine print conditions. There was some confusion with the first Arse bid as to what his position was. One of those conditions would be a transfer request. maybe just wishful thinking on my behalf.

A release clause precludes the need for a transfer request. It automatically allows the player to discuss terms with the bidding club.

However, I'm not satisfied that either (a) there is such a clause or (B) that Arsenal would meet it.

There's been so much <deleted> printed in the last few weeks, I've lost the will to care.

biggrin.png

A release clause precludes the need for a transfer request. It automatically allows the player to discuss terms with the bidding club.

However, I'm not satisfied that either (a) there is such a clause or (cool.png that Arsenal would meet it.

There's been so much <deleted> printed in the last few weeks, I've lost the will to care.

biggrin.png

Yeah BR has been pretty adamant that LFC are in control and using language to suggest there is no such clause, there has never been any evidence of a clause. They way he is talking also sounds like he is making the "not for sale at any cost stance" to make sure we get premium coin for him. i just hope it doesn't drag on and we get left with a bag of cash and no time to spend it.

I'd have to agree this window must have the record amount of <deleted> and bumfluffery of any window in history facepalm.gif

However, I'm not satisfied that either (a) there is such a clause or (cool.png that Arsenal would meet it.

biggrin.png

Yeah BR has been pretty adamant that LFC are in control and using language to suggest there is no such clause, there has never been any evidence of a clause. They way he is talking also sounds like he is making the "not for sale at any cost stance" to make sure we get premium coin for him. i just hope it doesn't drag on and we get left with a bag of cash and no time to spend it.

I'd have to agree this window must have the record amount of <deleted> and bumfluffery of any window in history facepalm.gif

I don't think he is worth more than 40m. The last bite knocked 10m off his worth IMOfacepalm.gif

Someone will put up at least another 5 though. Maybe Arsene is getting frustrated enough to be the one.

Edited by SantiSuk
  • Like 2