Arsenal

MiG16

So as I read it, Small Potatoes and Chicog are the ones that are made for each other. Same tired old tribal approach to football supportingtongue.png

Yes, we're tired of listening to the same old bullshit from whingers like you.

thumbsup.gif

i couldn't agree more, put a sock in it will ya Chicog ! biggrin.png

So as I read it, Small Potatoes and Chicog are the ones that are made for each other. Same tired old tribal approach to football supportingtongue.png

Yes, we're tired of listening to the same old bullshit from whingers like you.

thumbsup.gif

i couldn't agree more, put a sock in it will ya Chicog ! biggrin.png

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CsKFhOw-PXw

You should start with the holes in your defence.

biggrin.png

Wenger says a 29 year old has 'his best years in front of him' and gives him a 2 year contract? Am I seeing things?!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

What a way to talk about your summer marquee signing! rolleyes.gif

Wenger says a 29 year old has 'his best years in front of him' and gives him a 2 year contract? Am I seeing things?!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

What a way to talk about your summer marquee signing! rolleyes.gif

You gotta admire Wenger's style.

A big <removed> you to the fans!

Can't imagine anyone else having the guts to announce a second free in such incendiary circumstances

Amazing Arsenal

I've already suggested Igor Stepanovs to partner Gus Caesar in the back four. And put Stevie Wonder and Ray Charles on the wings.

Could work and the fans would love it

"Stevie, Stevie .. gizus a song, Stevie .. gizus a song" guitar.gif

• Like 2

Cannot fault you for signing a player who likely will do a similar job for you as Scotty Parker did for us last year.

I don't know much about Mathieu Flamini, but given your undisputed weaknesses, his addition has to be good news to keep you out of the bottom half.

Seems to me Wenger has been briefed/directed to rid the Emirates of all dross this window, which he has done (see my earlier post) but failure to bring a couple of high profile signings is, i fear, going to cause much biting of fingernails and banners of ARSEne OUT no doubt will be readied if thing get as bad as I suspect. Tough times ahead.... been there got the teeshirt!

Well tigerfish....

Its no surprise your manage is having kittens....how to prepare against us when you have not got a clue what you will be facing?

Not that we know either....but its going to be a pleasant surprise...that's for sure! :D:D

I must confess to being a little concerned upon waking up this morning and listening to what Monsieur Wenger had to say!

Apparently we are taking a big risk strengthening our squad and yours is a stronger squad than ours!!

The confused ramblings of a once great manager thats lost touch with reality and should be thinking of calling it a day? Thats aside of sounding like a right tit of course...

Just hunkering down waiting to see if Wenger has any rabbits in his hat for deadline day. In the grand scheme of things the Spurs match seems less relevant than it would normally be. Yeah I know Chic, real Arsenal fans would never see a Spuds game as any less relevant.

I assume though that many Arsenal fans are like me holding their breath wondering ......... can it really be true that Arsene has nothing up his sleeve?

He's proved me wrong so many times in recent years that I dare not stick my head any further over the parapet than that.

In answer to your post though:

Speaking on August 29, ahead of the Tottenham Hotspur game, Arsene Wenger said: "It is bad news about Lukas Podolski as he will be out for eight to 10 weeks. His hamstring is much more damaged than we thought at the start. It is very disappointing and we have paid a very heavy price for that win [over Fenerbahce]. We have to be patient now."

Arsenal website

Like the man says, very disappointing - he's always been capable of scoring a goal or more a game and is the only effective plan B up front. Worryingly there is talk of Arsene giving game time to super-<deleted> (Bendtner) who he still can't get rid of (done well in clearing dross otherwise). Bentdner is not going to be put on the team sheet anytime real soon, but it shows the dire squad state at the Emirates at the moment. Could be a lifeline for Nicklas - if he grabs it positively and both men bury the hatchet maybe the impossible might happen; I've never had any doubt that there is a reasonable quality forward in there somewhere (as evidenced when he has played for Denmark).

Edited by SantiSuk

Just hunkering down waiting to see if Wenger has any rabbits in his hat for deadline day. In the grand scheme of things the Spurs match seems less relevant than it would normally be. Yeah I know Chic, real Arsenal fans would never see a Spuds game as any less relevant.

I assume though that many Arsenal fans are like me holding their breath wondering ......... can it really be true that Arsene has nothing up his sleeve?

He's proved me wrong so many times in recent years that I dare not stick my head any further over the parapet than that.

the rabbit in his hat is called Cabaye i believe.

There are large number of prawn sandwich munchers who would have Wenger leaving the Emirates with the boos ringing in his ears and the boards foot up his arse, with orders to spend the loot.

However, I'm not one of them.

If the tiny totts want to try and buy their way to success, that's their choice. I wish them as much success as Leeds had with that approach.

biggrin.png

There are large number of prawn sandwich munchers who would have Wenger leaving the Emirates with the boos ringing in his ears and the boards foot up his arse, with orders to spend the loot.

If the tiny totts want to try and buy their way to success, that's their choice. I wish them as much success as Leeds had with that approach.

biggrin.png

Sounds a bit like the white flag coming out!

Any team news from your perspective?

the rabbit in his hat is called Cabaye i believe.

I'd take that as a minimum response to a disastrous window, were it not for Vermaelen's injury ("He is out running. He's on the pitches again. But there's still a good few weeks to go for him to get his fitness") and now Pod. Only takes an injury to Giroud and/or one of Koscielny/Mertesacker and that's 10 crucial points and a place in the final stages of the CL down the swannee. Sagna as stand-in RCB will get found out by better teams than those beginning with an F.

Thank goodness its you guys and not Stoke or Sunderland this weekend! Despise you as I apparently must on these threads, at least you play football.

biggrin.png

Probably best to put this post in perspective.

Last year we had a good side in place and missed top four by a point with the absence or two key players injured nearly the whole season.

Over the summer we are selling our best player, have offloaded six players and bought in seven at a NET spend of less than 10m

If this is buying success in your view then so be it. In mine and i would imagine most football fans eyes this merely represents an example of fine business acumen in the football transfer market.

It ofcourse also highlights Arsenal's laughable incompetence

• Like 1

Abacus time again.

Spent 107m. Sold 23m. Balance = 84m. Bale will be sold (apparently) tonight at 2359 hrs Spanish time. Resulting balance assumed to be @nil.

Nuff said. Gooners need to apply some clearer thinking before making ludicrous assertions.

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/en/tottenham-hotspur/transfers/verein_148.html

Posted Image