Arsenal

MiG16

Don't disagree with any of those comments re Ozil and in the cool light of early morning (here in UK) my comments last night re not enough seem overegged.

Very very pleased that Wenger for once overpaid a little. I was certain United would move in and take him and I don't blame him apparently stating a preference for them ...... at this stage of the season. Good chance that he'll recognise in time that he made it to a club on the up rather than one in a year or two's limbo. Having predicted that they would carry on in an SAF mode I am surprised how poorly they are playing.

Let's hope Bendtner's gobby Dad puts a sock in it; his little Viking just got the lifeline the whole family so richly fails to deserve!

Another CB on a loan deal next week and Lewandowski at the winter break - job done!

His assist count is phenomenal and he's got bags of CL experience. I think he'll fit right in.

Don't really care about the price, with all the money coming in, it doesn't put any kind of dent in the finances.

But thats not what your lacking is it ? more like you needed someone like Suarez !

In your list of priorities where would an attacking mid be ? taking into account you only have 3 centre halves,1 1/2 defensive mid players and 1 out and out goalscorer wink.png

Edited by alfieconn

His assist count is phenomenal and he's got bags of CL experience. I think he'll fit right in.

Don't really care about the price, with all the money coming in, it doesn't put any kind of dent in the finances.

But thats not what your lacking is it ? more like you needed someone like Suarez !

In your list of priorities where would an attacking mid be ? taking into account you only have 3 centre halves,1 1/2 defensive mid players and 1 out and out goalscorer wink.png

Well defensively we were near the top of the pile last season, it was scoring that was the problem, and mainly down to no-one either willing to have a crack or with the ability to play the killer ball. So yes, it is one thing we are lacking.

I agree it would have been nice to get a striker as well, but if we've got someone who can put in Giroud or Walcott, that can not be a bad thing.

There are a few strikers in the CL A and B squad lists whom he might be considering bringing through - we'll see on the 24th or 25th.

Otherwise it's wait until Jan and see who's in the bargain bin again.

thumbsup.gif

And nobody's saying he is Arsenal's Soldado.

Germany coach Joachim Löw hails Özil for his 'genius moments' and his performance without the ball.

Real Madrid midfielder Xabi Alonso described Özil as "the kind of player you don't find these days," adding, "He understands the game, sees things, combines and thrives between the lines, unlocking teams," while José Mourinho said, "Ozil is unique. There is no copy of him not even a bad copy." Mourinho also stated that, "He is the best number 10 in the world. Everyone loves him and sees a bit of Luis Figo and Zinedine Zidane in him. He will make history at Real Madrid." Assistant coach of the Germany national football team Hans-Dieter Flick says, "We are proud to have him in our team. When he has the ball, you can feel the excitement and astonishment among the fans." Former Holland international Ruud Gullit labelled German Özil as a "technically perfect" player who has "total control of the ball" and has "great imagination".

RM have Modric.

United have neither.

• Like 1

irH1PTWgctUBv.jpg

Sort of looks as if Arsenal come out heavily on top.

Oh yes, of course, it was all part of a master plan. laugh.png

Very unfortunate caricature and photo shot of Wenger is thatxshock1.gif.pagespeed.ic.Q3XOm0fuQs.png

It actually gets even funnier:

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/426687/Spurs-chief-Daniel-Levy-failed-with-late-attempt-to-block-Mesut-Ozil-s-move-to-Arsenal

cheesy.gif

And Levy thought he had Perez by the balls! The Bale move will cost RM nothing, they've already got half back and sold an excellent player to Spurs nearest rivals in the bargain. I think game set and match to Perez.

A thought for the football afficionados. Not sure what thread to put it on but given the fact that Arsenal have bought Ozil and I'm going to mention Cesc and RVP, Arsenal thread is probably relevant.

Ozil gone to Arsenal. Modric still at RM. Cesc still at Barca.

Man U requirement for a creative midfielder has been probably the second biggest story to the Bale saga in this entire window.

They have bought Fellaini.

What is RVP thinking?

Surely RVP wants someone like Cesc or Modric to play with?

RVP gets injured, Man U in trouble. RVP not happy....won't create magic.

If I'm talking crap let me know.

A thought for the football afficionados. Not sure what thread to put it on but given the fact that Arsenal have bought Ozil and I'm going to mention Cesc and RVP, Arsenal thread is probably relevant.

Man U requirement for a creative midfielder has been probably the second biggest story to the Bale saga in this entire window.

What is RVP thinking?

Rooney when he wants to play, can be as creative as anyone.

What is RVP thinking?

Fair point. So why did they chase Cesc so hard?

Maybe RVP, Rooney, and Fellaini can work.

Same with Ozil, Carzorla, Giroud and Walcott.

Put great footballers together and they can probably make it work?

What is RVP thinking?

Fair point. So why did they chase Cesc so hard?

Maybe RVP, Rooney, and Fellaini can work.

Same with Ozil, Carzorla, Giroud and Walcott.

Put great footballers together and they can probably make it work?

wanted cesc, thiago, herrera. had a late stab at ozil according to some. it's clear that united were looking for a creative, more attack-minded ball-playing midfielder. they'll still get results against most sides because their spine is strong and their defence is still very good. but they've quite obviously not kicked on and strengthened.

irH1PTWgctUBv.jpg

Very unfortunate caricature and photo shot of Wenger is thatxshock1.gif.pagespeed.ic.Q3XOm0fuQs.png

I did read that Levy called Perez when he heard that Ozil could be going to Arsenal stating he wasn't happy because Spurs apparently inquired about Ozil as part of the Bale deal but were told no. Going to go and try and find the article again now.

irH1PTWgctUBv.jpg

I did read that Levy called Perez when he heard that Ozil could be going to Arsenal stating he wasn't happy because Spurs apparently inquired about Ozil as part of the Bale deal but were told no. Going to go and try and find the article again now.

There we go.

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/426687/Spurs-chief-Daniel-Levy-failed-with-late-attempt-to-block-Mesut-Ozil-s-move-to-Arsenal