Arsenal

MiG16

Yes P45 it seems clear that we would have been in the mix had we had fewer key injuries - Ramsey, Walcott and Wilshere in particular (Ozil needed the time off anyway and Podolski in truth was not missed in the first half, other than for roatation).

But, I'm not convinced our full squad yet has the balls for the really big games (top 3 UK and top Euros) consistently. Work in progress. Might have got a Prem 2nd or 3rd and should have avoided coming second in the group stages of CL and thereby Bayern.

A world class DM, ideally with great leadership skills would be worth paying an absolute fortune for, but can't say I know of such an individual who's detachable. I'm less convinced now than I was in January that we need a 60 million pound striker though. With fully fit midfielders and the two fast guys (Ox/Theo), I could see us doing well with another striker of Giroud's quality but different style. We also have to keep Sagna or buy an equivalent. The number of times you see teams focussing on our defensive left, knowing that the BFG/Sagna usually have the right sewn up.

I would like to see Wenger get much more comfortable with squad rotation next season (by dint of net 2-3 excellent additions). If I have a criticism of this season he stuck with his best men too many times and substitutions were too often in the last 15 minutes once the result was beyond doubt. Major injuries often happen in the final 30 minutes and to the players who have worked their socks off(my guess - I have no stats to back that one up!).

You forgot International Duty....

No need to worry about Wilshere...he has a two week charter package for the summer like many other leetle Englanders....laugh.png

Yes P45 it seems clear that we would have been in the mix had we had fewer key injuries - Ramsey, Walcott and Wilshere in particular (Ozil needed the time off anyway and Podolski in truth was not missed in the first half, other than for roatation).

But, I'm not convinced our full squad yet has the balls for the really big games (top 3 UK and top Euros) consistently. Work in progress. Might have got a Prem 2nd or 3rd and should have avoided coming second in the group stages of CL and thereby Bayern.

A world class DM, ideally with great leadership skills would be worth paying an absolute fortune for, but can't say I know of such an individual who's detachable. I'm less convinced now than I was in January that we need a 60 million pound striker though. With fully fit midfielders and the two fast guys (Ox/Theo), I could see us doing well with another striker of Giroud's quality but different style. We also have to keep Sagna or buy an equivalent. The number of times you see teams focussing on our defensive left, knowing that the BFG/Sagna usually have the right sewn up.

I would like to see Wenger get much more comfortable with squad rotation next season (by dint of net 2-3 excellent additions). If I have a criticism of this season he stuck with his best men too many times and substitutions were too often in the last 15 minutes once the result was beyond doubt. Major injuries often happen in the final 30 minutes and to the players who have worked their socks off(my guess - I have no stats to back that one up!).

Thank you chicog for that useful appendix to SantiSuk's enlightening post.

thumbsup.gifbiggrin.png

No need to worry about Wilshere...he has a two week charter package for the summer like many other leetle Englanders....laugh.png

I guess Mesut will go back to his family in Turkey. biggrin.png

Needs building up a bit to get ready for next season's EPL and CPL Battle of the Giants.

Ain't sure where Sherwood is going? Maybe Bognor Regis.

smile.png

Can't be bothered checking the sums but here is one for Chicog.

An AFC fan bets his Spurs mate 20 quid in 1995 that Arsenal would finish above the spuds. Does double or quits every season. The Spud now owes the gooner 5,242,880 quidfacepalm.gif

• Like 2

I think a few of you missed the point that Wilshere's injury came from a pointless international friendly and not as a result of any substitutions Wenger may or may not have made.

Most of Van Parsnip's lengthy injuries came from pointless int'l friendlies as well. That's why they're ****ing pointless.

But as you don't follow The Arsenal, I wouldn't expect you to know that.

What I didn't know was that prior to last night's match:

"In the last 12 games between the two sides, Arsenal have nearly 3 goals a game."

Otherwise I might have slipped a few quid on the exact score. Then again I probably would have doubled it up with Ramsey to score. And lost.

biggrin.png

She wore, she wore,
She wore a yellow ribbon,
She wore a yellow ribbon,
In the merry month of May!
And when, I asked,
Oh why she wore that ribbon,
She said it’s for The Arsenal,
And we’re going to Wembley!
Wembley,
Wembley,
We’re the famous Arsenal,
And we’re going to Wembley!

Yes but Sinatra's was a tawdry version of Astrid Gilberto's classic.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I thought this was an exposition on the merits of Tony Orlando.

• Like 1

Yes but Sinatra's was a tawdry version of Astrid Gilberto's classic.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I agree totally chicog.

But we are on TVF, so I thought Sinatra would resonate better with the masses.

( But not You. thumbsup.gif )

Best version I heard was a geezer on a piano in the Rio Sheraton, Leblon.

Copacabana, Ipanema, Leblon. Da girl from Ipaneeema so preeety.

biggrin.png

This really is a very dull threadwink.png

smile.png

Maybe Remy will enliven it. Would Wenger be serious about buying him ?blink.png $15-20 mil ? Get a top level striker for a bit more I'd wager.

I don't think Gene Hackman would approve.

smile.png

Maybe Remy will enliven it. Would Wenger be serious about buying him ?blink.png $15-20 mil ? Get a top level striker for a bit more I'd wager.

Probablt better asking the threads resident librarians, Chicoq and Santi, JD!biggrin.png God its soooo quiet on heresaai.gif.pagespeed.ce.f25DL0fHCd.gif

YAWN smile.png

Not much to discuss really carmine.

Champions League AGAIN.

Finish above the tiny totts, well that's a given.

Only the FA Cup left to play for.

What are you talking about on the tiny totts thread? How next season will be different?

biggrin.png

smile.png

I dunno what Remy was doing there yesterday, the club didn't invite him.

Apparently he's got a buyout clause in his contract but 'Arry doesn't know what it is.

bearing in mind youd be signing a 3 rd maybe even fourth choise striker , wouldnt remy would be about as good as it gets ? given the games and no injuries with good supply imo dead cert 4 15 to 20.

• Like 1

bearing in mind youd be signing a 3 rd maybe even fourth choise striker , wouldnt remy would be about as good as it gets ? given the games and no injuries with good supply imo dead cert 4 15 to 20.

• Like 1