Arsenal

MiG16

Cech must be the best keeper Arsenal have had in many many years. Very good signing.

Since 2004?

By the way, it's not a done deal yet. Just a DM reporter spouting sh*t, even when he'd been told nothing had been finalised.

Last night it was reported a deal had been agreed between Chelsea and Arsenal for Cech. No official confirmation was made by either club. Cech himself later retweeted a message from his management company The Sports PR Company on his official Twitter account indicating nothing was yet set in stone. The tweet read: “@SportsPRCompany ... as we told you, No transfer deal has been done yet for @PetrCech - as soon as any news @PetrCech will confirm.”

Better than Seaman. Doesn't get lobbed so easy either.thumbsup.gif

What the <deleted> was that pony tail, clip on thing about anyway?

I think a combination of the menopause and him shagging one of the marketing girls.

biggrin.png

• Like 1

Cech must be the best keeper Arsenal have had in many many years. Very good signing.

he's exactly what they need. arsenal are building a squad to challenge for the title next season.

Looks that way. Another dependable DM and a big striker to give Giroud a breather. I'd say that about covers it.coffee1.gif

• Like 1

Chicog's not a fan of getting Cech in - think he called him 'past it'*. Maybe he was having a senior moment (or just one of those don't-agree-with-anything-a-plastic-says moments more likelythumbsup.gif ). I could understand your reticence about Higuain btw Chic.

I hope it happens - he still commands the air in a way Ospina never has and has judgement, professionalism and timing which Shezzer won't acquire for a few more years, if at all

*Seaman and Jens Lehmann stopped playing for Arsenal at 41 and 38 I think)

Unfortunately I Reckon that Cech will be the best transfer that you've made for many a year.facepalm.gif

Edit, Chelsea must be off their f--ckin rockers. !!!!!

Edited by rijit

he's exactly what they need. arsenal are building a squad to challenge for the title next season.

Looks like Jose doesn't think so, strange.

Chicog's not a fan of getting Cech in - think he called him 'past it'*. Maybe he was having a senior moment (or just one of those don't-agree-with-anything-a-plastic-says moments more likelythumbsup.gif ). I could understand your reticence about Higuain btw Chic.

I hope it happens - he still commands the air in a way Ospina never has and has judgement, professionalism and timing which Shezzer won't acquire for a few more years, if at all

*Seaman and Jens Lehmann stopped playing for Arsenal at 41 and 38 I think)

I'm not a huge fan of Hiquain either tbh but his stats suggest he would be a very decent signing. As for Cech, he's a great signing and at 33 yo nowhere near being over the hill. Ofcourse Chelsea would have preferred him to go to PSG but Cech wanted to stay in London. With CL football and 100k pw it was going to be Arsenal who really needed a decent keeper.

No way did Chelsea want Cech at Arsenal. More like felt they should bow slightly to the wishes of a guy thats been a great servant to the club and far too good sitting on their bench

I disagree slightly with Stevie in as much as i think Arsenal are building a squad to take the runners up place because Chelsea will win the league by a greater margin than last season.

Looks that way. Another dependable DM and a big striker to give Giroud a breather. I'd say that about covers it.coffee1.gif

Yep thats right. Obi Mikel will go and Song looks a good replacement. Up front there also needs quality cover for Costa. Its also doubtful that Terry will play as much as he did last season but by all accounts they have that covered too so whilst everyone else is still building Mourinho is just fine tuning. I expect a better Chelsea next season and a bigger margin of victory by mid may.

No way did Chelsea want Cech at Arsenal. More like felt they should bow slightly to the wishes of a guy thats been a great servant to the club and far too good sitting on their bench

I disagree slightly with Stevie in as much as i think Arsenal are building a squad to take the runners up place because Chelsea will win the league by a greater margin than last season.

I ain't celebrating a Cech move to Arsenal. Have my suspicions that Mou will persuade the Roman Wrangler to change his mind. When did management/ownership last put player ahead of club? With Terry's strange exaggeration over Cech adding 12-15 points to his recipient (maybe he is discounting that average keepers, like Ospina/Shezzer, add 8 points), it smells a bit like a master-stroke set-up by the self-obsessed tactician. I'm not a betting man but 'my money' is on Cech staying at Chelsea another season on significantly higher wages. Wenger should be forcing the issue about now, otherwise he risks being seen as outsmarted.

A couple of longer term injuries and your prediction of a big Chelsea margin will turn to rubble Carmine. The title is usually heavily influenced by the injury list.

I ain't celebrating a Cech move to Arsenal. Have my suspicions that Mou will persuade the Roman Wrangler to change his mind. When did management/ownership last put player ahead of club? With Terry's strange exaggeration over Cech adding 12-15 points to his recipient (maybe he is discounting that average keepers, like Ospina/Shezzer, add 8 points), it smells a bit like a master-stroke set-up by the self-obsessed tactician. I'm not a betting man but 'my money' is on Cech staying at Chelsea another season on significantly higher wages. Wenger should be forcing the issue about now, otherwise he risks being seen as outsmarted.

A couple of longer term injuries and your prediction of a big Chelsea margin will turn to rubble Carmine. The title is usually heavily influenced by the injury list.

Not these days....I can't see anything but a repeat....no one else can compete especially with the rebuilding job needed at Citeh.

Looks a bit like Rag 'n' Bone Man. Brighton lad - looks like a thick-as pig $hit damaged fridge door, but has an astonishing soul voice. Saw him for the first time performing at Glastonbury over the weekend and immediately went on-line to buy his stuff. I can't imagine Chicog as a soul singer somehow - definitely grungetongue.png

(Glasto - on telly, unfortunately)

Looks a bit like Rag 'n' Bone Man. Brighton lad - looks like a thick-as pig $hit damaged fridge door, but has an astonishing soul voice. Saw him for the first time performing at Glastonbury over the weekend and immediately went on-line to buy his stuff. I can't imagine Chicog as a soul singer somehow - definitely grungetongue.png

(Glasto - on telly, unfortunately)

I hadn't a clue who the fella was.wai2.gif

Since arriving in London, the Arsenal boss has overseen 1066 games, while the other (Premiership) managers are yet to accumulate 1000 games between them, trailing 68 behind Wenger.

Sign of the times?

Edited by Chicog

Since arriving in London, the Arsenal boss has overseen 1066 games, while the other (Premiership) managers are yet to accumulate 1000 games between them, trailing 68 behind Wenger.

Sign of the times?

which tells you what exactly ? wink.png

Chiq, do me a favor. will ya.

you ma be able to pull the wool over the other sheep's eyes, but don't try it out on me !

you should try venturing home once in a while, or am i wrong ? maybe home is somewhere around Cockfosters or Potters Bars. whistling.gif

Edited by tigerfish

you ma be able to pull the wool over the other sheep's eyes, but don't try it out on me !

you should try venturing home once in a while, or am i wrong ? maybe home is somewhere around Cockfosters or Potters Bars. whistling.gif

off topic I know, but are you a Rage Against The Machine fan?

off topic I know, but are you a Rage Against The Machine fan?

and yes ^ !

https://youtu.be/4smim2MNvF8

• Like 1