Arsenal

MiG16

Squeaky bum time tonight.

Can't see us keeping Barca from scoring at least one, so realistically we will have to score at least 3 to have any real chance in the return leg. Given our appalling chance conversion rate over the last two months (must be the worst in the Prem as we create so many) I can't see that happening myself.

Six years failing to qualify beyond the last 16 - proof if proof were needed that the Wenger/Kroenke axis, indeed any axis involving the current owner, will never create a top 5 Europe team. I'll stick with it in case I'm wrong!

I thought we were playing OK but then we just tried too hard to score when a clean sheet would have done me.

All that good work to waste.

Still, they can do a bit of duty free shopping in Catalonia in a couple of weeks, pocket the cash and move on.

Thought they did alright in the first half. Maybe had the British media not helped chase Suarez out of England yous lot might have actually had a chance tonight [emoji39]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yes wr.fist half chances went to arsenal.although baca had 70% of the posession.and a clear cut chance in time added on.

second half it was bound to happen.

first half with the forwards playing well,i would have liked to see ozil's ex team mate up there with him and sanchez.[ di maria.]

Not a bad effort from Arsenal I thought. They had their chances and failed to convert then got caught on the counter. It happens.

OTOH both the BFG and Flamini guilty as sin for that telling late PK from Messi.

On a positive note for Arsenal no Pique for the return leg. I watch Barca a bunch and whenever they are without either Busquets or Pique they can really struggle defensively (more so without Busquets). Might not make much difference up 2-0 but you never know.

Not a bad effort from Arsenal I thought. They had their chances and failed to convert then got caught on the counter. It happens.

OTOH both the BFG and Flamini guilty as sin for that telling late PK from Messi.

On a positive note for Arsenal no Pique for the return leg. I watch Barca a bunch and whenever they are without either Busquets or Pique they can really struggle defensively (more so without Busquets). Might not make much difference up 2-0 but you never know.

Inevitable really and don't forget, at this stage of the competition Arsenal's bags are already packed.

Was that penalty conceded a record even for Flamini?

Inevitable really and don't forget, at this stage of the competition Arsenal's bags are already packed.

Was that penalty conceded a record even for Flamini?

Kind of a strange sub from Wenger anyway. I suppose he figured some fresh defensive legs were in order, but Flamini against MSN ? Meat to wolves.

• Like 1