Arsenal

MiG16

Well I note Wenger has yet to renew his contract.

Perhaps it's so against his principles to spend 60m on a player like Lacazette that he'd rather walk away and let someone else throw money around like confetti (assuming the owner will let him).

10 hours ago, smokie36 said:

Wonder who you will get in the Eufa Cup in Feb then?

I wouldn't want to swap with you guys! I would want to swap with Leicester but I'm happy for them - I think they'll struggle this year without a very narrow squad of experienced players.

We nicked a couple of Basle players in Summer and don't expect to have a problem with them or the Bulgarian Ludogrets. PSG are more beatable than some of our best group opponents in recent years.

All the top German teams are tricky now that the Bundesliga is getting more competitive. You guys could struggle with Leverkusen. Moscow is a given difficult choice on adverse climate and hostility - haven't looked to see when and if you and we play in snow and ice. 

Of course I always feel optimistic at the start of the season - soon turns to poo.

No comment on that other stupid little English and Welsh cup; could get interested in watching newbies and reserves if the thing was easy to watch in Thailand at a sensible hour. Any cheap IPTV with next day replays Chicog?

1 hour ago, Bredbury Blue said:

We'll do you lovely deal on Bony and Mangala. Might even throw in Samir Nasri. Interested?

Might get a sniff at 50p and a cadburys creme egg, and you pay their wages.

They'd make useful doorstops or something.

Edited by Chicog

Three points off an average Watford side, although we did make it unnecessarily hard on ourselves in parts by drifting off to sleep.

Now, sign some bloody players!

(Although the Spanish press has us already having signed this Perez feller, just subject to medical).

Wenger on Mustafi and Perez:

“I think they should go through, both of them.” Wenger told Arsenal.com. “They had medicals. We have to finish the paperwork and I don’t know exactly when we will announce it but look, I think it could be announced at the beginning of the week.”

Wenger on Mustafi and Perez:

“I think they should go through, both of them.” Wenger told Arsenal.com. “They had medicals. We have to finish the paperwork and I don’t know exactly when we will announce it but look, I think it could be announced at the beginning of the week.”

Only got to my watering hole's TV in Ubon in the 50th minute, courtesy of Thai family "sick buffalo" issues (FIL's eye operation).

What the h_ll was that game all about. In the bit I watched we were unremittingly $hite - couldn't connect up and looked a bit hairy at the back. Took the foot way too far off the gas I guess. At one point it even looked like we might surrender a 3 goal lead. How did that striker-less set-up score three goals? I look forward to finding out when the re-cast comes up.

Watford looked like a Pulis Stoke at the height of its bad-tempered aggressiveness - I guess we must have irritated them somewhat by putting three past them earlier on!

Return of a fit Giroud plus an additional quality forward and CB should solve most of the issues, though Holding looks a good long term buy and Xaka is slowly shaping up.

Watford will stay up if their second half was anything to go by. Looked way better than a Sunderland type of team.

Edited by SantiSuk
typo

Mustafi and Perez in.

Chambers on loan to Boro.

Wilshere might be going out on loan.

Gnabry talking to Bremen, loan or purchase I don't know.

No-one wants Debuchy, he's injured and his wages are too high.

Mustafi looks like the kind of deal we should like. Not sure about Perez - just another sub world class striker? Let's wait and see. Very happy with Xhaka so far (solid and some great long balls) and Holding looks like a find for the future

Debuchy/Santos/Chambers/Monreal/Bellerin - 2 out of 5 decent buys in recent years - not a great track record on full backs!

4 hours ago, SantiSuk said:

Mustafi looks like the kind of deal we should like. Not sure about Perez - just another sub world class striker? Let's wait and see. Very happy with Xhaka so far (solid and some great long balls) and Holding looks like a find for the future

Debuchy/Santos/Chambers/Monreal/Bellerin - 2 out of 5 decent buys in recent years - not a great track record on full backs!

Debuchy was playing very well up until his injury. Never been the same since.

1 hour ago, smokie36 said:

I wonder if Wilshere will ever even complete a full season of games again.

Way too much of a gamble for most I think.

As evidenced by the fairly grim set of clubs that are supposedly interested.

Palace and Bournemouth favourites.

• Like 1

Nice to see that the oldies can still get a game if they want to - ref to Flamini joining Palace and Bendtner going to Forest (I don't believe the latter is only 27 as reported in the press - really?). I reckon Palace got a more usable prospect, despite the age difference; there can't be many players who put country before club as effectively as Nicklas.  He was never worth the time to bother looking things up about him (hence I haven't checked his age), but my impression was he scored more goals for Denmark than he did for us while at the Emirates.

No doubt you can remember a highlight goal for us Chicog - I can't