Brexit has created chaos in Britain – nobody voted for this

webfact

10 minutes ago, dick dasterdly said:

I also agree that the uk govt. may resort to US style policies, that only take into account money - not public health.

The eu has been instrumental in protecting food safeguards - unlike the uk govt....

The privatisation of the NHS started a long time ago - certainly before brexit!

Finally, the lowest paid (and increasingly 'average' workers) have seen their salaries reduced.  "Decent jobs" that have seen their salaries cut - as those 'at the top' decide that their salaries are best increased by reducing the salaries of everyone outside their 'important' sphere....

The open doors policy has only helped them in this regard.

Pro Brexit Tories have clearly stated their intention to reduce/remove worker rights (a Brexit opportunity).

You are correct, ‘those at the top’ have [in many instances] paid themselves more while cutting (or not increasing) worker pay.

This however is not universally true, workers in industries/sectors in which the workers are unionised have  protected their pay and conditions by unionised action.

The idea that workers in the U.K. are helpless pawns of their managers/the EU is only true if they choose to be.

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, Kieran00001 said:

Yes, the commission is bound to consult parliament, they exchange their publications, the parliament make proposals in the way of publications that they pass to the commission who then draft legislation which they then pass back to parliament to amend before passing back again and so on until it is complete and given to parliament to vote on.  The constitution demands that they work closely together.

Anyone can lobby anyone, that does not mean they will always get what they want.  UKIP MEP's hadn't all turned up to vote in months, until the EU voted on putting restrictions on the financial sector in order to prevent future crashes, and suddenly there they all were, suddenly UKIP had an interest in politics and all showed up to vote against protecting the people from the bankers.  Vote traitor UKIP.

If you think that the two of them knowing each other so well, one of them funding the other, is just a coincidence and comparable to a random stranger who also happened to make money that same day then you are taken.

The EU Parliament does not normally initiate proposals to initiate legislation and consultation is not mandatory in all cases. What UKIP may or may not have down is irrelevant to this argument - MEP voting is not lobbying - in fact individual MEP votes have less effect. If you want to believe in a single sensationalist story then it's probably you that have been had. 

Just now, RuamRudy said:

One big concern for me is the possibilty of the introduction of fire at will type rules; Rees Mogg has, I believe, already mooted such ideas, albeit in less stark terms.

The changes in industrial tribunal rules has already made claims of unfair dismissal much harder to pursue; I believe that was the thin end of the wedge.

I'm still in two minds about this.

Whilst I (to a certain extent) appreciate the 'unfair dismissal' rules - I've also seen it taken to ludicrous extents to protect 'personnel' that undoubtedly should have been immediately fired.

We had proof that an employee was stealing, but the county was more concerned about following all the necessary procedures.  It will come as no suprise that the employee (on full pay) eventually resigned before the final 'hearing', without a stain on their record....

Admittedly, this is the worst case in which I've been involved - but there have been others too.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, dick dasterdly said:

I also agree that the uk govt. may resort to US style policies, that only take into account money - not public health.

The eu has been instrumental in protecting food safeguards - unlike the uk govt....

The privatisation of the NHS started a long time ago - certainly before brexit!

Finally, the lowest paid (and increasingly 'average' workers) have seen their salaries reduced.  "Decent jobs" that have seen their salaries cut - as those 'at the top' decide that their salaries are best increased by reducing the salaries of everyone outside their 'important' sphere....

The open doors policy has only helped them in this regard.

But the rest of the EU does not share the UK's problems like low wages - you don't think this might have more to do with UK gov policies than the EU's ?

You are handing more power to the people who make the policies you don't like and removing EU protections from us.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, dick dasterdly said:

Sorry to be rude, but rubbish.

I've been through 'restructuring' twice - and both times it was all about reducing the salaries for those at the bottom and middle of 'the scale' - and the unions didn't bother to fight against this!

It was true decades ago that unions fought for those that paid their salaries, but not nowadays.

Erm.....This from the very much ‘right of center’ Telegraph:

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/10860017/Union-members-4000-a-year-better-off-government-report-suggests.html

50 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

There are no “non elected officials’ in the EU ruling anybody.

If you are pro Brexit as you obviously are you could take that view, the fact is they are "elected" by the Parliament, not the people.

2 minutes ago, transam said:

The Scot controllers stated who could vote regarding Scotland leaving the union...The voters thought different to you...

The UK gov stated who could vote for Brexit...The voters thought different to you....

Perhaps you should understand that two important votes pointed out they think different to you...?

I am not disputing the results, I am pointing out that, regarding 'my kin', they voted to leave the UK. That we did not do enough to persuade our new Scots of the need for change is a learning point that I hope we can improve upon next time round.

1 minute ago, RuamRudy said:

I am not disputing the results, I am pointing out that, regarding 'my kin', they voted to leave the UK. That we did not do enough to persuade our new Scots of the need for change is a learning point that I hope we can improve upon next time round.

From the Scotsman.

A majority of Scots do not want a second referendum on Scottish independence within the next three years as the UK wrestles with its exit from the European Union, a poll has revealed. The survey found that while 41 per cent back IndyRef2 before 2021, only 22 per cent want a referendum as soon as Brexit takes place.

Read more at: https://www.scotsman.com/news/politics/general-election/poll-most-scots-don-t-want-indyref2-in-next-three-years-1-4705225

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, RuamRudy said:

Hmmm, this bloke maybe of help....

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, transam said:

Of course the EU will survive in one form or another. 27 members, those with their hands out ain't going anywhere, the money countries don't want egg on their face, those controlling the EU don't want to lose their nice pay checks..

The reason the countries making the large contributions will continue to do so is that if they do not then they will have influxes of immigrants from the poorer countries, better to help them and they stay at home, it's one of the founding aims of the EC and has nothing to do with egg on faces.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, vogie said:

From the Scotsman.

A majority of Scots do not want a second referendum on Scottish independence within the next three years as the UK wrestles with its exit from the European Union, a poll has revealed. The survey found that while 41 per cent back IndyRef2 before 2021, only 22 per cent want a referendum as soon as Brexit takes place.

Read more at: https://www.scotsman.com/news/politics/general-election/poll-most-scots-don-t-want-indyref2-in-next-three-years-1-4705225

We don't want Brexit either but it is being forced upon us - why be so observant of the desires of Scots when it suits you?

I can understand the desire for stability, but I much prefer to pull the sticking plaster off in one go rather than endure slow pain.

29 minutes ago, CGW said:

If you are pro Brexit as you obviously are you could take that view, the fact is they are "elected" by the Parliament, not the people.

I’m not at all sure where you get the idea I’m ‘pro-Brexit’.

And yes, just like in the UK parliament appoints the civil service, but the elected parliament governs.

The UK parliament governs the UK and has an absolute sovereign right of veto on all EU laws.

There have however, during the Brexit process, been a number of ‘assaults’ on the sovereignty of the UK parliament, these have come from the PM and her cabinet with their attempts to bypass parliament and rule by ‘executive’.

Thankfully the House of Lords and ‘enemies of the people’ fought the government and protected the sovereignty of parliment over dictate from the executive.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Kieran00001 said:

The reason the countries making the large contributions will continue to do so is that if they do not then they will have influxes of immigrants from the poorer countries, better to help them and they stay at home, it's one of the founding aims of the EC and has nothing to do with egg on faces.

But they do have the large influx....Are you daft....Are you ignoring German stuff going on NOW........bored.gif.0c6c63df417f9fb52b82c4daa2026d5b.gif

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, transam said:

But they do have the large influx....Are you daft....Are you ignoring German stuff going on NOW........bored.gif.0c6c63df417f9fb52b82c4daa2026d5b.gif

It would be larger without the measures they are taking to even things out, are you denying that the bailouts have kept some Greek people in Greece, for instance?

7 minutes ago, vogie said:

This is not "influxes" in your eyes. I really think it's time to wake up and smell the coffee.

maxresdefault (1).jpg

I am not saying there are no influxes from poorer countries, I am saying that the richer countries in Europe are paying the poorer countries in Europe to stop those countries producing large influxes of people to the richer countries in Europe.  Your picture of a large influx of people from outside of Europe is clearly irrelevant to that.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Kieran00001 said:

It would be larger without the measures they are taking to even things out, are you denying that the bailouts have kept some Greek people in Greece, for instance?

Good grief man......bored.gif.c13a9d24f3b63102119c828a7115179d.gif

3 minutes ago, transam said:

Good grief man......bored.gif.c13a9d24f3b63102119c828a7115179d.gif

The EU only has a few objectives, tackling inequality in Europe to end mass migrations is one of them.  You were barking up the wrong tree by implying the Syrians have something to do with this, I hope you can at least see that now. 

• Haha 1