Brexit has created chaos in Britain – nobody voted for this

webfact

8 hours ago, StreetCowboy said:

Maybe it's not.  Maybe some people are still fighting the last war.

I just throw their towels off the deck chair.

I hope you walk straight to the front of the queue at the resort and jump into the arriving taxi too :laugh:.

• Like 1

On 4/8/2018 at 1:06 PM, nauseus said:

By vaguely defined project, do you mean the EU? Because it was defined exceedingly vaguely by Heath in the 1970's.

Everyone wants to be able to trade, including  leavers. That can include trading blocs too. But not political blocs.

Leavers voted as they did primarily over concerns about sovereignty, democracy and immigration. With these three lost, or out of control, then the economy is likely to suffer further, anyway. The economy is important but remainers never acknowledge the chance or likelihood of the EU and its economy going down the pan; there is a high risk of this happening. So many leavers feel that, overall, the UK will be better off taking three shakes, washing its hands and walking away from the bog now, especially as it looks like it may well be the last chance to do so like this.

Hope you read this, George! :smile:

Okay,  yep I read it and agreed with all you say.

Thanks for sending the post number, it makes things much easier.

It is sometimes difficult to catch up when there are so many posts.

Getting things out of context is a problem, but on TV it can just take too much time to read everything.on a very long thread.

We seem to be of very much the same opinion on this subject then.

Cheers :thumbsup::wink::biggrin:

• Thanks 1

Part of the chaos us that Brexit burns bridges.....

UK is desperate to find sonewhere to trade.....havingblownout the bbiggest free trade deal possbike there are now looking at the only "friendly" alternative....albeit a lot further away.

The results could be not only detrimental but also disgusting....

Costly medicines and pus in milk: a Brexit trade deal that’ll make you sick

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2018/apr/10/medicine-pus-milk-brexit-trade-chlorinated-chicken?CMP=share_btn_fb

• Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, aright said:

I am an historian and cultural anthropologist

One has to wonder at the credentials of anyone who feels they need to say this.

As an academic one of the first things you learn is to look at the message not the messenger.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Khun Han said:

I hope you walk straight to the front of the queue at the resort and jump into the arriving taxi too :laugh:.

Of course not.  I find the end of the queue and stand behind the last person.  If there's no queue, I stand behind anyone nearby.  It;s not right to push in front of anyone, even if they're not waiting for anything

• Haha 2

Just now, StreetCowboy said:

Of course not.  I find the end of the queue and stand behind the last person.  If there's no queue, I stand behind anyone nearby.  It;s not right to push in front of anyone, even if they're not waiting for anything

As an aside SC. is your location based on the Led Zep song or is it from The Monty Python sketch about a very dodgy airline?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Airbagwill said:

As an academic one of the first things you learn is to look at the message not the messenger.

Yup, 'tis true!

1 hour ago, nauseus said:

Uninhibited Project Fear from Guardianing Today.

I hope people like Dearden don't actually get paid for writing this muck. 

Another Brexit cliche. WhenThe will they ever say something backed by evidence? The answer is obvious...in the absence of evidence what is left?

Edited by Airbagwill

21 minutes ago, talahtnut said:

I thought Obama told us to stay in the EU where we

can enjoy our horseburgers and salmonela buttys.

Big pharma corporations are con artists, and will always

hold us to ransome wherever we are. Business as usual.

Today must be stereotype reinforcement today...here we have a fully paid up member of the Conspiracy Theory Club.

Welcome aboard ... This thread needs light relief.

2 hours ago, Airbagwill said:

Another Brexit cliche. WhenThe will they ever say something backed by evidence? The answer is obvious...in the absence of evidence what is left?

I think the question will be: "when will Guardianing Today ever publish any so-called stories with any evidence?".

Dearden's sole purpose in life is to assemble this kind of slop. That's why he gets so confused:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/timworstall/2017/01/20/global-justice-now-is-very-confused-about-trade-very-confused-indeed/#5c9781b22180

Edited by nauseus
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Airbagwill said:

One has to wonder at the intellectual capacity for argument of some posters who dismiss the opinion of an Emeritus Research Professor at the LSE because they question the way he presents his credentials. In this case you deemed your argument is best served by ignoring the message and attacking the messenger. This only serves to make this subject less interesting. We have not had a single thought or argument on the article. Had it been an article which supported your view we would have had chapter and verse.

Its still not too late for Remainers to assert their credentials and comment on Prins' contentions. If Remainers can't be arsed it makes this whole subject pointless.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The thing about the internet and social networking sites is that a poster can be whoever they want to be and can claim whatever they want to claim - the truth however will only out in the form of their arguments, attitude and their behaviour.

Edited by simoh1490
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, aright said:

I am an historian and cultural anthropologist, so I decided to compare the EU to similar complex social systems in the past, using the academic tools of my trade. My main finding should worry Mr Selmayr, the German uber-bureaucrat who just took effective charge of the EU in a surgical coup d’état last month. And it should reassure everyone who voting to leave the EU in 2016.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics/2018/04/10/brussels-empire-collapsing-eyes-butremainiacsjust-dont-see/

Unfortunately it won't let me see the whole article without logging in.  But I like the opening lines!

"There are two strange things about ‘remainiacs’ – the self-important 5% of the country who are trying to halt Brexit. The first is well known. It is their disrespect for the biggest winning democratic vote for any issue or any government in British history.  But the second is not. This is their weird attitude to the EU. Their frantic ‘virtue-signalling’ finds all fault with Britain and none with the unelected Brussels machine in our mud-wrestling ‘negotiation’ to leave."

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, CG1 Blue said:

Unfortunately it won't let me see the whole article without logging in.  But I like the opening lines!

"There are two strange things about ‘remainiacs’ – the self-important 5% of the country who are trying to halt Brexit. The first is well known. It is their disrespect for the biggest winning democratic vote for any issue or any government in British history.  But the second is not. This is their weird attitude to the EU. Their frantic ‘virtue-signalling’ finds all fault with Britain and none with the unelected Brussels machine in our mud-wrestling ‘negotiation’ to leave."

This is a fuller version of what he said I hope you can get this one.

https://briefingsforbrexit.com/the-eu-is-at-clear-risk-of-collapse-and-the-remainiacs-just-dont-see-it/

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Airbagwill said:

Today must be stereotype reinforcement today...here we have a fully paid up member of the Conspiracy Theory Club.

Welcome aboard ... This thread needs light relief.

You may not realise it, but you seem pretty susceptible to conspiracy theories yourself. Don't believe everything the remain media throws your way. 

• Like 2