Brexit has created chaos in Britain – nobody voted for this

webfact

1 minute ago, flyingdoc said:

We are all waiting for some meaningful negotiations to be implemented shortly, including the debacle over the Irish Republic/N.I border debacle.  But will it happen?

The problem is to enter meaningful negotiations you really need to have decided on what you want out of them - we seem to have skipped that step.

So almost 2 years gone and 6 months left - is panic starting to set in yet?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Eloquent pilgrim said:

Why should I ignore you when you respond to one of my comments. I did not respond to one of your comments 

I have now added you to my ignore list. First time I ever used this facility

I have also made a formal complaint about your attitude.

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, RuamRudy said:

"These individuals will be surveyed before the referendum to identify the factors that influenced vote intention and the likelihood of voting and twice after the referendum to identify whether and why people voted the way they did. This will be a panel study, using the same respondents before and after the referendum in order to determine how intentions translate into behaviour, and to see how expectations influence reactions to the referendum result."

Copied from your link - emphasis mine. Enjoy your beer.

Buurpp. Thanks.

It was a survey, started before the referendum and it was not an analysis of the actual votes.

Oh my head.

• Haha 2

14 hours ago, aright said:

My evening tipple will be a Marlborough Sauvignon Blanc  which I bought on special at Morrisons for six quid. What would you pay in LOS? 

A reasonable Kiwi s/blanc here probably 20 quid. Cloudy Bay 80 quid ++.

I won't bother with the BS duty free on the way to UK  - just love Mozzers!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, vogie said:

That's a bit rich coming from you grouse, when you call people that don't agree with you 'numpties and morons' you kinda lose the high moral ground, IMO.

Have I ever called you or any other Brexiteer a numpty or a moron?

No, I was referring to 52M people

I dont do ad hominems

I have also never asked another member to leave

I can take all the brickbats and insults anyone can throw at me

So, I have made a complaint and, for the first time ever, used the ignore function

I was given a suspension for using the word numpty (which I thought was an amusing word). I have NEVER used it since

I have happily jousted with you and several others over the years and have appreciated this discourse though we have different opinions on the Brexit issue.

7 minutes ago, billd766 said:

Grouse has been on my ignore list since the back end of last year. I got fed up with being called stupid, uneducated because I had not gone to university and as a Brexit voter I had no idea what I was talking about.

What Grouse cannot accept is democracy as his "side" didn't win the Brexit vote so in his small mind everybody who voted had no idea why they voted the way that they did and therefore were stupid.

I only see his posts now if somebody replies to him.

Does he post on any other subject....?     :whistling:

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Grouse said:

Have I ever called you or any other Brexiteer a numpty or a moron?

No, I was referring to 52M people

I dont do ad hominems

I have also never asked another member to leave

I can take all the brickbats and insults anyone can throw at me

So, I have made a complaint and, for the first time ever, used the ignore function

I was given a suspension for using the word numpty (which I thought was an amusing word). I have NEVER used it since

I have happily jousted with you and several others over the years and have appreciated this discourse though we have different opinions on the Brexit issue.

I agree with you here Grouse - this thread, and the previous Brexit ones were never over-endowed with equanimity, but there was a rumbustious, semi-good natured civility in the whole (give or take the odd dummy being spat). Recently, however, the new arrival of a self-appointed moderator has really changed the tone of the posts. I much preferred the old ways.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, RuamRudy said:

I agree with you here Grouse - this thread, and the previous Brexit ones were never over-endowed with equanimity, but there was a rumbustious, semi-good natured civility in the whole (give or take the odd dummy being spat). Recently, however, the new arrival of a self-appointed moderator has really changed the tone of the posts. I much preferred the old ways.

laugh.gif.50f9d8933c12033b19e7ca4d66db4f5d.gif.....Sorry, couldn't help it.....

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, dick dasterdly said:

Finding a way to nullify the brexit referendum result (without alienating a large part of the electorate) is their current nightmare - and horribly fascinating to watch.... 

Utterly fascinating, I agree - I almost have sympathy with the PM's position. I cannot imagine how she can sleep at night with so much going on around her, and so little control over much of it.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, RuamRudy said:

Utterly fascinating, I agree - I almost have sympathy with the PM's position. I cannot imagine how she can sleep at night with so much going on around her, and so little control over much of it.

She will be working out her good pension, it's such a comfort

• Haha 2

I wouldn’t feel too sorry for her. She was a remainer so has now jumped on the Brexit bandwagon purely due to her own desire for power and is now trying usurp more power from parliament to centralise control in her own hands despite not commanding a majority in Parliament - a situation of her own making.

Sent from my iPad using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app
  • Like 1

On ‎06‎/‎05‎/‎2018 at 4:00 AM, RuamRudy said:

Yesterday, ss many as 90,000 independence supporters marched through Glasgow to show their solidarity and support for a better Scotland. The procession was led by 2 Sikhs, a couple of Polish guys, an Iranian and an Englishman playing the bagpipes.

They were met with a very small but enthusiastic group of UK supporters, several of whom were, apparently, later arrested for spitting on the marchers (I am not sure if the rotund one was arrested for making a nazi salute. I am not even sure if that is a crime in the UK. Is it?).

Personally, I am saddened that such people in the second photo live in my country. I thought we were a massively better people than that.

But why don't you tell me all about this SNP racism of yours?

Scots for Independence.jpg

UK Patriots.jpg

I gather you support Scottish independence, i.e. you want Scotland to break away from a union of nations and find it's own way in the world, no matter what the financial consequences may be.

And yet you want the UK to stay under the rule of Brussels - right?

I'm genuinely interested to know why this view is shared by a lot of Scots - it seems contradictory to me.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, billd766 said:

A report by one of the most biased anti Brexit "newspapers" on the UK market.

It would appear that the stock response to anything that does not go down well is to try and shoot the messenger.

Either the Japanese ambassador made the statement or he didn't, if people wish to convince themselves he didn't then that is up to them.

They could also try and ignore the message from Japan to the EU and UK concerning brexit.

http://www.mofa.go.jp/files/000185466.pdf

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, Eloquent pilgrim said:

Forgive me but a couple of things are unclear to me; when you say “We already have the answer, I have to assume a memory lapse or is he part of your Project Fear”  who do you assume has suffered a memory lapse, who is the ‘he’ you refer to and who's project fear do you think ‘he’ might be part of.

Secondly, who is the ‘he’ that says Nissan and Toyota are treading water, is it somebody in the link that you provided. I don't open 3rd party links, and my anti-drivel software prevents me accessing the Guardian or the Independent, so perhaps you would be kind enough to tell me ….. thanks

Take it you missed the clue in the link   /koji-tsuruoka-japan-ambassador-britain-brexit-single-market