Brexit has created chaos in Britain – nobody voted for this

webfact

2 hours ago, The Renegade said:

This is going to be fantastic, get the beer and popcorn ready. 

The Italian President is not happy with the person proposed  as Prime Minister, he might have embellished his CV, I was not aware that the back slapping political class required CV's.

The Italian President is not happy with the person proposed as Finance Minister, who has previously been a prominent figure in Italian economics and Finance for decades. He is also an economist but is Anti - EU.

https://www.ft.com/content/360dc63a-5dd3-11e8-9334-2218e7146b04

At the behest of the EU, the Italian President is going to force the collapse of this coalition and head back to the polls.

If that happens the election results will be very decisive and the message will be loud and clear.

It would appear that the Europhiles have learned nothing from the Brexit vote.

It appears that the Italian President is very sensible man ?

• Like 2

Today's reminder  of what the Possibility of Brexit is doing, just wait until the reality....

Mark Carney from the Bank of England has just confirmed that household incomes are now £900 lower than forecast just before the EU Referendum. Can't remember that being written on the side of that red bus!

http://www.bbc.com/news/live/business-44194711?ns_mchannel=social&ns_source=twitter&ns_campaign=bbc_live&ns_linkname=5b03e679a8c6a2067546cb5d%26Household income '£900 lower than forecast' following Brexit%26&ns_fee=0#post_5b03e679a8c6a2067546cb5d

Edited by tebee

46 minutes ago, tebee said:

Today's reminder  of what the Possibility of Brexit is doing, just wait until the reality....

Mark Carney from the Bank of England has just confirmed that household incomes are now £900 lower than forecast just before the EU Referendum. Can't remember that being written on the side of that red bus!

http://www.bbc.com/news/live/business-44194711?ns_mchannel=social&ns_source=twitter&ns_campaign=bbc_live&ns_linkname=5b03e679a8c6a2067546cb5d%26Household income '£900 lower than forecast' following Brexit%26&ns_fee=0#post_5b03e679a8c6a2067546cb5d

Coincidence.

A small price to pay.

One step back for two steps forward.

A mere bagatelle.

I can easily afford GBP 900.

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, The Renegade said:

Brucie Bonus at £900, forecasts being ultra reliable indicators. Osborne's forecast was for immediate recession and every household to be £4300 worse off.

I did contemplate what would happen to all those single pensioners who were currently eking a living on a State Pension of around £6000 a year to suddenly lose £4300. I might have felt guilty if I did not already know it was pie in the sky.

Lest thee forget

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/business/news/bank-of-england-injects-uk-banking-system-with-31bn-of-funding-after-brexit-a7107981.html

Quickly followed by cutting interest to 0.25%

Edited by Grouse

8 minutes ago, StreetCowboy said:

Coincidence.

A small price to pay.

One step back for two steps forward.

A mere bagatelle.

I can easily afford GBP 900.

Well that's probably already been swallowed up by the post-Brexit exchange rate, so dig a little deeper please.

8 minutes ago, Grouse said:

31billion ? The ECB are pumping in 30 billion a month ?

After more than three years of bond buying totaling nearly 2.5 trillion euros, ECB policymakers are now debating how to phase out their unconventional tools and normalize policy in a time of robust growth but weak inflation.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-ecb-policy/ecb-debate-shifting-to-interest-rate-path-from-qe-sources-idUSKBN1GV1DT

€2.5trillion and rising, falling growth & falling inflation, how high will it go before it pops ?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Laughing Gravy said:

What  pity you didn't have the common sense and intelligence to realize that what is said in campaigns mean nothing and rarely materialize. If you voted because someone said they would do x or y then maybe you should just tick any box, as you haven't done your research.

Or is it that you are using the meager excuse that some remainers keep harping on about, being tricked or cheated, to vote leave. I don't know one single person who was dumb enough to vote leave because of a message on a bus. They voted leave because they have had enough of being dictated too by unelected bureaucrats, in Brussels.  

Pity you don't have a sense of humour.

1 hour ago, billd766 said:

Could you tell us all with what authority you are speaking from?

Are you a government minister, T May in disguise perhaps or is it just your opinion?

Don't effin call me a Tory ok! It's my opinion,I am a brit living in the Netherlands so I have skin in the game,I have started to spend a lot of time in the UK to help out my sister who takes care of my 94yo mum, it's very disconcerting to see the damage that brexit is doing families split etc,I will say that a lot of the brexiteers that have the strongest opinions it all seems to be just be racism pure and simple,my opinion.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, dick dasterdly said:

That's because remainers generally treat opinions as to what will happen in the future (that they agree with) as facts, and without taking into consideration the bias in those opinions.

Leavers are far less inclined to consider future 'guesstimates' as facts, and are intelligent enough to know that there's little point in arguing about what will happen in the future.

They realise that only time will tell, and so prefer to discuss/argue about what is happening now (or in the relatively recent past that resulted in the brexit vote) and, of course, what these events may mean as far as negotiating positions are concerned.

I will be honest - I was being facetious and took advantage of a steal of an opportunity to gently poke fun at Brexiteers.

I think the one thing that most seem to agree on, however, is that the title of this thread is accurate - nobody wants what we have now.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, tebee said:

And yet another "little thing" no one seems to have thought about yet and we are rapidly running out of time to sort out.

https://infacts.org/hard-brexit-could-threaten-british-peoples-pensions/

..and you REALLY think that would actually be a major issue?

I imagine you would if you subscribe to any publication titled “Stop Brexit”......file it under Project Fear.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RuamRudy said:

I will be honest - I was being facetious and took advantage of a steal of an opportunity to gently poke fun at Brexiteers.

I think the one thing that most seem to agree on, however, is that the title of this thread is accurate - nobody wants what we have now.

although it was easy to forsee just as the outcome is, a glorified CU with a 'real break' in the never never land future, a general election, labour government, re-entry into the EU, adoption of the Euro, loss of rebate, anger and division all round the country.

34 minutes ago, dick dasterdly said:

That's because remainers generally treat opinions as to what will happen in the future (that they agree with) as facts, and without taking into consideration the bias in those opinions.

Leavers are far less inclined to consider future 'guesstimates' as facts, and are intelligent enough to know that there's little point in arguing about what will happen in the future.

They realise that only time will tell, and so prefer to discuss/argue about what is happening now (or in the relatively recent past that resulted in the brexit vote) and, of course, what these events may mean as far as negotiating positions are concerned.

Not bad satire, if that was the intention!