Mercedes driver kills motorcycle passenger, drags body and bike 150 metres

webfact

Mercedes driver kills motorcycle passenger, drags body and bike 150 metres

By The Nation

30211a947b940a151e93e0b25115357d.jpeg

A 28-year-old Thai woman was killed and her two children aged 8 and 10 were injured when their motorcycle collided with a Mercedes-Benz driven by a Middle-Eastern man at an intersection in Chon Buri’s Bang Lamung district at 10pm on Saturday night.

The unnamed foreigner allegedly tried to escape the scene, dragging the body of the woman stuck under his car for 150 metres before being stopped and apprehended by good samaritans in the area. 

6533f62c2478df42436694edc3f02d70.jpeg

Some by-standers became angry after witnessing the events and assaulted the driver, prompting police to quickly remove him from the scene to face charges at the precinct. 

The deceased victim was identified as Pawinee Kaewcham. Her children were rushed to hospital while her husband, who had driven the motorcycle, was not injured.

An unnamed third person who was riding a nearby motorcycle, was also injured and rushed to hospital after being hit by the couple’s motorcycle after it had crashed with the car.

9064d5547df5de0636ec0b9999e5c6c0.jpeg

An 18-year-old eyewitness told police that the family of four was waiting on the motorcycle for a green light at the intersection when the speeding Mercedes-Benz suddenly hit them, knocking Pawinee off the motorbike and dragging her along with it.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30340134

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2018-03-05
  • Sad 1

assaulted the driver .........................pity the BiB arrived at the scene so quickly.

Apparently its quite common ,thats one reason why so many drivers try to run...so as not to get beaten up by an angry mob !
  • Like 1

Well the BOSS did not have to surrender his passport,nor his person and still he is not in Thailand,but lets not forget he only killed a policeman that was on duty,he did not stop or help the man,whos life may have been saved had he helped.So perhaps a fine of 10000 bh,and a few bob to the young RIP womans family.Then we have the Benz and High Class car Importer,who killed the two students,became a monk then handed himself in,eventuall got two years Jail,but still did not go to Jail.So take your pick,which one will it be?Then as said COULD BE BRAKE FAILURE.

• Like 2

He was in the wrong and i hope he gets to see the  Bangkok Hilton Prison. But one point we are all missing folks. Since when is a motor cycle made to carry 4 people? mmmm  I would also book the husband for that also. Just never ends does it? Starting to think do Thais have any sense of danger when riding bikes or driving cars and they just think death is funny and just take a chance and go for it?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, patrick kennedy said:

Well the BOSS did not have to surrender his passport,nor his person and still he is not in Thailand,but lets not forget he only killed a policeman that was on duty,he did not stop or help the man,whos life may have been saved had he helped.So perhaps a fine of 10000 bh,and a few bob to the young RIP womans family.Then we have the Benz and High Class car Importer,who killed the two students,became a monk then handed himself in,eventuall got two years Jail,but still did not go to Jail.So take your pick,which one will it be?Then as said COULD BE BRAKE FAILURE.

Do you think 100 push-ups on the footpath would be sufficient and few  bob for the family and of coarse the RTP

• Haha 1

I doubt if the foreigner will be on his way to join the Red Bull heir in London anytime soon.

Prayuth has  one  eye on the cops  24/7 regardless of whether the foreigner has big money or not.

Red Bull punk had the best excuse in court history......i didnt turn up for the court hearing because i didnt want to,:passifier:

Conveyed by his family lawyer of course.

7 hours ago, Lungstib said:

Four on a bike, a speeding Merc, driver attempts to flee the scene. Another car that plows into a stopped vehicle for no apparent reason. A typical day on Thai roads and still no social or political action. Pitiful.

yup, in the land of apathetic smiles

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Happyman58 said:

He was in the wrong and i hope he gets to see the  Bangkok Hilton Prison. But one point we are all missing folks. Since when is a motor cycle made to carry 4 people? mmmm  I would also book the husband for that also. Just never ends does it? Starting to think do Thais have any sense of danger when riding bikes or driving cars and they just think death is funny and just take a chance and go for it?

That's is OK to be 4 in a motorbike so long that is only two adults and two babies 

8 hours ago, Destiny1990 said:

The middle eastern guy is a scumbag.

Agree. And the two adults riding on a motorbike with two kids at nighttime are fools.

A speeding car and a bike with four passengers and maybe without lights. TiT.

On 5.3.2018 at 7:25 AM, Lungstib said:

Four on a bike

Children less than 10 (not sure 100% if it is 10 years, but i think it is) years old count only as a half person in / on a vehicle.

So by law we have 3 persons on a bike here ;)

One adult and 2 children under 10 on a motorbike are legal. 6 children under 10 on the back seat of a car are legal as well

• Sad 1

13 hours ago, Henrik Andersen said:

That's is OK to be 4 in a motorbike so long that is only two adults and two babies 

Henrik No no not ok  Motorcycles have 2 wheels therefore 2 people. Ok i take it you are from Sweden If a cop saw you coming down the road on a bike 2 adults 2 babies what would happen to you?  If they want to carry around kids do as my neighbour  does with his bike have a side car on side of bike Lots have them  have in Thailand.