Dutchman nabbed with three underaged boys and sex videos in Pattaya

webfact

Dutchman nabbed with three underaged boys and sex videos in Pattaya

By Thai PBS

62874F06-C401-47EB-9234-43F15BB051DD.jpe

A 69-year old Dutchman and a 19-year old Thai man were arrested at a hotel in Pattaya on charges of procuring underaged boys for prostitution on Sunday.

Three underaged boys were also found in the Jom Thien Longstay hotel room on Jom Thien beach which was rented by two potential customers to lure the Dutchman, identified as Joseph Marie Rienards, to bring them for sex trade.

Police also found in the possession of the suspect still pictures and videos of the boys in the act of sexual activities in the Dutchman’s rented room.

The Dutchman’s arrest on Sunday was the result of a sting operation launched by Pattaya police with the cooperation of two foreigners posing as potential customers looking for sex with young Thai boys after investigation by the police and officials of the Ministry of Social Development and Human Security.

Full story: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/dutchman-nabbed-three-underaged-boys-sex-videos-pattaya/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2018-03-05

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

4 minutes ago, bkkcanuck8 said:

When it comes to underage (and that age is 18 when prostitution is involved) then legally the boy/girl CANNOT give consent (as per the law). 

Incorrect! If the boy/girl is aged 15 and above they can lawfully consent to sex. It is only if there is a financial incentive for performing the act, that it becomes illegal. So 15, 16 and 17 year olds can engage in sex as long as they are not being paid for it.

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, darksidedog said:

Incorrect! If the boy/girl is aged 15 and above they can lawfully consent to sex. It is only if there is a financial incentive for performing the act, that it becomes illegal. So 15, 16 and 17 year olds can engage in sex as long as they are not being paid for it.

When it comes to underage (and that age is 18 when prostitution is involved) then legally the boy/girl CANNOT give consent (as per the law). 

Did you actually read what you were replying to?  paid = prostitution - you said I was wrong, then you stated basically the same thing... I just did not indicate what the age of consent was when remuneration is not involved (which is irrelevant to this conversation).

• Like 2

Mr.Tip of the iceberg, flying Dutchman. Meanwhile, somewhere in the US, child marriage is legal, i.e. some old fart can marry a 13-year-old with the parents' consent....

Edited by AlQaholic
  • Thanks 2

56 minutes ago, Jeremy50 said:

Why do you say that? Were they 11/12 or 17/18? There's a huge difference in implication. The boys rented the location, sounds like they were young adults, it could easily just have been a baited trap, with the cops waiting around the corner.

I doubt that "young adult" is a legally recognized definition of the age of consent. Whether they be 11/12 or 17/18, it is ALL totally illegal. You sound like your searching for some indication of consent by the victims to be illegally, sexually violated here. I am pretty sure that's not how you intended to sound.

Just now, hyku1147 said:

Three underaged boys were also found in the Jom Thien Longstay hotel room on Jom Thien beach which was rented by two potential customers to lure the Dutchman, identified as Joseph Marie Rienards, to bring them for sex trade.

Again I will say no ages are given. As for "to bring them for sex trade" this can just mean; to have sex. This was a police set up so we'll just have to wait and see. Would the police use children to "lure" the Dutchman into the sting operation? Maybe the BIB have been watching this guy or maybe it's another case of Pattaya BIB extortion. The fact is, from the report, we don't know.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, saakura said:

Why do they all come mostly to Pattaya, are the law enforcement there so slack? 

For the same reason most shoppers would rather go to a huge and cheap department store rather than a small and expensive local shop... :crying:

UPDATE:

"I bribed immigration 3,000 baht to get into Thailand", says arrested Dutch child abuser

11.jpg

Picture: Sanook

The Netherlands man arrested in Jomtien on Sunday for abusing little boys has told Chonburi cops that he bribed a border official.

Full story: https://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/1027670-i-bribed-immigration-3000-baht-to-get-into-thailand-says-arrested-dutch-child-abuser/