Cambodian men jailed for raping French tourists at knifepoint on Thai island

webfact

40 minutes ago, seminomadic said:

"two injured male victims escaped to raise the alarm and the attackers were arrested shortly after."

Ok, they got the guys who did it.... but it appears the girls got raped before they were apprehended. 

In the pic, the cambodian looks like he's maybe 90 pounds soaking wet with boots on. Knife or not, you can't fight off these dudes?

I'm not letting anybody rape anybody near me, weapon or no weapon. You'd think over half a century of teasing the French about their backbone might exact some effect...

Wow, what a hero!  A legend in his own lunchbox!!

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, z42 said:

Good sentence that is undoubtedly fitting, but where was this judge when the bunch of cop's sons were given less than 20 years apiece for butchering the disabled bread seller in Lat Phrao?

More importantly, where are all the Thai bashers who said it would never even get to court?  Well it did and 20 year sentences were handed out.

5 hours ago, PEE TEE said:

Ask Then now if they think it was worth it . They would better off dead 

If you see how some of these guys are treated on the fishing boats I doubt that life in a Thai prison will be that much harder for them.  As westerners it would be hell on earth (if we had not money) but not so much for these people.

2 hours ago, GoldenTriangle said:

So what were the "male companions" of these French women doing, aside from running away to "raise the alarm"?

I remember that story. The same armchair warriors were already boasting about single handedly beating a group of 5 fit men armed with knives. 

The fact is that there was 4 tourists, 2 men and 2 women. The men had already tried to defend themselves and the women, resulting in one guy incapacitated, bleeding to death due to his injuries. The other man, injured too, did the only sensible thing he could and managed to escape and get help thus saving the others from a probable death. The 5 savages would have likely finished their job, or let them bleed in the jungle. At the end 3 of the 4 tourists had to stay in the ICU for a while.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, pistachios said:

I remember that story. The same armchair warriors were already boasting about single handedly beating a group of 5 fit men armed with knives. 

The fact is that there was 4 tourists, 2 men and 2 women. The men had already tried to defend themselves and the women, resulting in one guy incapacitated, bleeding to death due to his injuries. The other man, injured too, did the only sensible thing he could and managed to escape and get help thus saving the others from a probable death. The 5 savages would have likely finished their job, or let them bleed in the jungle. At the end 3 of the 4 tourists had to stay in the ICU for a while.

Yes, very easy to criticise and be brave from the comfort of your computer chair!

5 hours ago, seminomadic said:

"two injured male victims escaped to raise the alarm and the attackers were arrested shortly after."

Ok, they got the guys who did it.... but it appears the girls got raped before they were apprehended. 

In the pic, the cambodian looks like he's maybe 90 pounds soaking wet with boots on. Knife or not, you can't fight off these dudes?

I'm not letting anybody rape anybody near me, weapon or no weapon. You'd think over half a century of teasing the French about their backbone might exact some effect...

Oooh! I wouldn't like to upset you - I'm soooo scared, but there again, you probably don't get out a lot! :sorry:

6 hours ago, wealthychef said:

Impossible.  Thai people do not commit crimes against tourists.  My first thought when I saw this is that the Cambodians are being framed, but it looks like they caught the right guys this time.  Who knows.  Wouldn't it be nice if you could trust the legal and justice system to do the right thing and the news outlets to report accurately?  

Thai people do not commit crimes against tourists., youre kidding right ?

6 hours ago, chang1 said:

You really think you could fight off 5 armed men by yourself? Fishermen are usually fit and strong so I very much doubt you would last long. Instead of trying to subdue the attackers and risking everyone being killed the French men used their heads and fought their way out to get help which obviously was not too far away.

2 vs 5 midgets. Smash em with rocks.

Some people are just cowards I suppose. I would have gone berserk.

2 hours ago, Justfine said:

You had me going there but the pic only shows leaves . Maybe you could have stopped the attack for a bit while the fisherman were scratching there heads wondering what the hell you were doing

9 hours ago, seminomadic said:

Chuck Norris? Is this you??

3 hours ago, Justfine said:

Have you ever been been beaten up by multiple attackers AND threatened with a knife? Unless you can answer resoundingly YES to both of these questions, and you have "gone berserk" (preferably successfully) in that situation, I have to ask: What makes you so sure? Because that's how it goes down in the movies? Or because that's how we would like it to see going down (good guy beats bad guys against all odds)?

• Like 1

Some people are probably in severe panic, and beyond exhausted from fighting and blood loss. Life isnt an action movie. You would probably be too scared to fight five people in a regular bar fight with just fists.

Sent from my MI 5 using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, Justfine said:

Why did the 2 French guys run away? Should have bashed these midgets with rocks.

But, as a poster asked in a previous post, have You ever been in a similar situation ?

In theory, i would agree with you, and i could die rather than live with the shame of running away, but,

i have never been in a even remotely similar situation.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, mauGR1 said:

But, as a poster asked in a previous post, have You ever been in a similar situation ?

In theory, i would agree with you, and i could die rather than live with the shame of running away, but,

i have never been in a even remotely similar situation.

Similar. I'd fight to the death. Living life as a coward is no way to live. Someone tries to rape someone I know I would show them no mercy.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Kaalle said:

Some people are probably in severe panic, and beyond exhausted from fighting and blood loss. Life isnt an action movie. You would probably be too scared to fight five people in a regular bar fight with just fists.

Sent from my MI 5 using Tapatalk

It's 4 v 5 if you count the women. Armed with rocks you can beat 4 midgets with small knives. A rock in each hand and kick to knock them over.

Front and leg kicks are very effective.

50 minutes ago, Justfine said:

It's 4 v 5 if you count the women. Armed with rocks you can beat 4 midgets with small knives. A rock in each hand and kick to knock them over.

Front and leg kicks are very effective.

If I was one of the"midgets" I would grab one of the girls and hold my knife to her throat. The other 4 "midgets" would then throw a few rocks at you as you realized if you came close to me she would be the first to die. Next you try to do a  kick but you just get stabbed in the leg. Now you are finished and soon your mate is overpowered. No-one is going to stop the "midgets" before you are all dead and then people are saying why couldn't at least one of these big strong men get away and raise the alarm? 

Edited by chang1
  • Like 2