Relationships and age differences, a personal case study

GoDucks

Good luck to the op but a 34 year age gap is a fair one,my first Thai wife was 10 years younger than me my second is 13 years younger i am 53.It is hard enough to have a lot in common due to cultural differences,but we mostly get on fine,but i really don't know what i would talk about with a 20 year old.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, marko kok prong said:

Good luck to the op but a 34 year age gap is a fair one,my first Thai wife was 10 years younger than me my second is 13 years younger i am 53.It is hard enough to have a lot in common due to cultural differences,but we mostly get on fine,but i really don't know what i would talk about with a 20 year old.

Surprisingly we like a lot of the same music, enjoy the same movies, enjoy the same kind of activities, and as one of those girls who has liked Western culture for most of her life its weird how many things she is aware of--like Scoobi doo as an odd example.  I almost think her age is an advangage as she grew up being exposed to internet and all things Western.

As an example a few months back a Green Day song came up and she was singing along... A bit surprised I asked "You like Green Day?"  She said yes they were one of her favorites...

Edited by GoDucks
  • Haha 1

Personal choice.  I personally prefer gals in the mid-30s and up.  I've liked gals in their 30s and up since I was in my twenties.  Getting older never changed that preference.  So if some 70 year old prefers 20 year olds, hey, more power to him.  Unfortunately, a lot of those younger gals are gaming the older guys, e.g., Nong Natt and Harold.  In the November - February demographics, it's probably smart to simply date and to watch the outflow of money.  Marriage with that large of an age difference?  That I think is rather stupid.  But, that's just my humble opinion. People have to live their own lives and learn by their mistakes. 

• Like 1

I guess your relationship is like father and daughter , which can be fun .  My advice is to keep it as an open relationship , not to be possessive or buy a house in her name , rent so you can keep the escape door open .

• Like 2

Condo is in my name.  She never wants anything from me.  Insists she will not go to US with me until she can pay for it herself.  Not sure about the father/daughter thing.  She is pretty easy going, as am I.