Train crash leaves 4 dead in Surat Thani

webfact

Train crash leaves 4 dead in Surat Thani

By Thai PBS

DXvoRBjVwAAnMxA.jpg

Four persons were killed when a pickup truck they were travelling in was rammed in the middle by a local passenger train before noon today.

According to a village headman, the pickup truck from Chumphon province was dragged over 30 metres from the crash scene which is near Ban Song railway station in Wiang Sa district of Surat Thani.

The No 445 local passenger train was on its way from Chumphon to Hat Yai. It was not immediately known if the warning signal at the railway crossing functioned or not but witnesses said the pickup truck was about to pass the unmanned railway crossing as the train was approaching.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/train-crash-leaves-4-dead-surat-thani/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2018-03-08

train hit car? 

naaah!

car hit train -

(like a bug-hits-your-windscreen, even though bug was only doing 10, whilst car is doing 100)

it shouldn't have been where it was, when it was

"game over, Player One"

• Like 1

Last night coming home about 8 pm waiting at gated train crossing Near my house train a coming about 15 seconds away!

Lady holding baby on motorcycle waiting next to me decided to have go and get across first ... she made with about 5 seconds to spare train horn blasting like crazy

had i not seen it i would have not believed such pure stupidity 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

It's coming, you know it is  - 10 years of high speed railway planning undone by one idiot pick up driver on the crossing as train derails.

They are smart enough not to have level crossings on the high speed rail, that's why it's on elevated track like the BTS.

Thirty feet above the idiots.

19 minutes ago, poohy said:

Last night coming home about 8 pm waiting at gated train crossing Near my house train a coming about 15 seconds away!

Lady holding baby on motorcycle waiting next to me decided to have go and get across first ... she made with about 5 seconds to spare train horn blasting like crazy

had i not seen it i would have not believed such pure stupidity 

Its like something snaps in there head and they get this voice saying  "Go on you can do it and if you fail heaven is a beautiful place"

I have been told on good authority there is some unexplained phenomena of life that makes a car stall on a railway track whenever a train is approaching. Any other time when a train is not in sight there's no problem. 

Perhaps it is the ghosts of victims past and there needs to be an exorcism at all rail crossings in Thailand. Just like they had at the Labour Ministry.

Edited by Cadbury
  • Like 1