Father of slain girl questions ‘accidental’ nature of shooting

webfact

Father of slain girl questions ‘accidental’ nature of shooting

By Mongkolchaowarat Thangmangmee 
The Nation

The father of a 16-year-old schoolgirl who was shot in the head by her 14-year-old boyfriend on Saturday expressed doubt on Sunday over the boy’s claim that the killing had been accidental and pledged not to cremate her until the investigation clarifies the case.

While collecting his only daughter’s body at the morgue, the 65-year-old construction contractor said there were at least two suspicious aspects to the case – the girl had sustained bruises around her neck and her body had been dragged out the back door of the house where she had been shot. 

The Mathayom 3 student, who often went to her schoolmate boyfriend’s house in Phitsanulok’s Nakhon Thai district to work harvesting palm oil, was shot dead when she was alone with the boy, whose name has been withheld due to his age. 

The boy reportedly told his relatives that he had accidentally shot the girl before fleeing the scene. His father has promised to bring the boy to surrender to police this week.

Pol Captain Pratheep Inkaew, a deputy inspector at Ban Yaeng station, said police had interviewed the griefstricken father and relatives and suspected the two teenagers might have had an argument prior to the incident. 

The boy reportedly had said he wanted to “play around” with his father’s legally registered gun and “accidentally shot the girl in the head”. 

Pratheep said police would interview the boy in front of a multiple disciplinary committee, which was required in cases in which a suspect is a minor under 18.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30340687

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2018-03-12

21 minutes ago, doremifasol said:

Yeah...... we understand......:coffee1:

"I didn't want to kill .......it was an accident."

"I didn't show the middle finger, ........I was weaving ."

"I didn't try to block the ambulance .......I had back pain."

And the list goes on and on.........

"I didn't know I was a pathological liar.........I was confused" 

add 'misremembered'

The first news story I read this morning. Not a good way to start the day/week. 

Very sad indeed. She was too young to die and he is too young to have this hanging over him for the rest of his life. 

I'm glad I'm not her father right now. No parent should have to bury a child - it's simply not natural. 

RIP and I really hope the boy is telling/tells the truth. 

Seems like the Phitsanulohk cops have just added another sub-contracting hitman to their roster. Start 'em young.

"Quid pro quo. No prosecution for you, sonny, but you'll need to do some work for us in the future. Don''t worry you'll be able to handle it. You have a knack for it."

4 hours ago, webfact said:

there were at least two suspicious aspects to the case – the girl had sustained bruises around her neck and her body had been dragged out the back door of the house where she had been shot.

Naturally that sounds like a clear possibility to go with the line accident for an under educated 14 year old school boy with dreams of sleeping on fluffy clouds.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, YetAnother said:

then the father is culpable also, having the gun readily available to children is tantamount it giving it to them

4 hours ago, worgeordie said:

Yes,except the rich and influential,they never admit guilt,even

if caught red handed.

regards Worgeordie

And would this be any different in the West ?

4 hours ago, worgeordie said:

That's the problem,nobody takes responsibility for their actions,

it's always something or somebody else's fault,they lie and make

up stupid excuses.

regards worgeordie

There are not many criminals / people who accept responsibility. They all got a story. I seen Dutch court cases and its similar its not really a Thai thing. I am sure if you look at court cases in your country you will hear sob stories and excuses too.

3 minutes ago, robblok said:

There are not many criminals / people who accept responsibility. They all got a story. I seen Dutch court cases and its similar its not really a Thai thing. I am sure if you look at court cases in your country you will hear sob stories and excuses too.

Would you say that the dutch are the same as the thai if it comes to being irresponsible??? mate it's too early to drink laokao.

6 minutes ago, Thian said:

Would you say that the dutch are the same as the thai if it comes to being irresponsible??? mate it's too early to drink laokao.

Thian, you should control your own drinking habits, mine are under control I seldom drink.

Have you actually seen Dutch court cases, I recently saw a few documentaries and heard the sob stories and excuses made up there. They certainly rival those of the Thais, nobody comes out and admits his guilt right away. They always have excuses or say things went differently. When you look at those cases its actually laughable that they expect us to believe what they say.

What I am saying is not That the Dutch are as irresponsible as the Thais.. what I am saying is that criminals all over the world never admit what they did and always make up stories to look better and get off lighter. This is about criminals and people trying to avoid punishment.  Dutch criminals are not better then Thai criminals. 

Just look on torrents for "de rechtbank" then you can see for yourself. 

Edited by robblok

5 hours ago, worgeordie said:
5 hours ago, kingkenny said:

Whilst there is a culture of blaming others, don't forget that a lot of Thais are quick to admit guilt after arrest. This might however have something to do with their testicles wired up to the mains.

Yes,except the rich and influential,they never admit guilt,even if caught red handed.

regards Worgeordie

That's because they paid someone to arrange a power cut during questioning.

26 minutes ago, rodney earl said:

Why would anyone give a 14 year old a loaded gun???

Maybe because you are a cop and you/yours can get away with most anything?  Does a week go by that we don't see police abusing their power?  It seems so often  that it doesn't look like abuse these days so much as privilege. 

Edited by IAMHERE
added weasel words to not abuse computer act

13 hours ago, rodney earl said:

Giving a 14 year old a LOADED gun is the same as shooting the young girl yourself. How stupid can you be.!!

Einstein said: Only two things are infinite, human stupidity and the universe, and I am not sure about the universe.

There seems to be no limit on how stupid people can be.

• Like 1

On ‎12‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 7:48 AM, worgeordie said:

Yes,except the rich and influential,they never admit guilt,even

if caught red handed.

regards Worgeordie

Yep, they just fly out of the country, quiet often with a nod from the boys in brown / green.

While collecting his only daughter’s body at the morgue, the 65-year-old construction contractor said there were at least two suspicious aspects to the case – the girl had sustained bruises around her neck and her body had been dragged out the back door of the house where she had been shot. 

I feel so sorry for the father and hope that she'll rest in peace. Just reading how he collected his daughter's body at the morgue is sad enough, she's only 16.

If that's not suspicious for the cops that the girl had bruises around her neck, and he dragged her body out the back door, why would anybody do that?  Instead of trying to help her, he fled the scene?

It looks like the bruises were from him, perhaps she wanted to stop seeing him? 

P.S. Just read it again, so it seems that they had an 'argument", an innocent girl and a weir boy with a gun. How fair is that? So why did he have the gun then?

The boy reportedly had said he wanted to “play around” with his father’s legally registered gun and “accidentally shot the girl in the head”. 

"Playing around" with his gf next to the gun? RIP, young girl, let's hope that the truth comes out.

Edited by jenny2017

14 hours ago, rodney earl said:

Giving a 14 year old a LOADED gun is the same as shooting the young girl yourself. How stupid can you be.!!

His daddy should boil in prison as well. There's no excuse, a young girl got killed with his gun. I hope that he's got never ending nightmares.