Prayuth Cleared To Join New Party

webfact

Prayuth Cleared To Join New Party

By Teeranai Charuvastra, Staff Reporter

S__4038660-696x478.jpg

Gen. Prayuth Chan-ocha chairs a government meeting Friday in Bangkok

BANGKOK — No law stops junta chairman Gen. Prayuth Chan-ocha from joining a newly formed political party that wants to nominate him to be prime minister come the next election, his aide said Tuesday.

Deputy Prime Minister Wissanu Krea-ngam told reporters the current laws only prevents the regime leader from running in the election. The new party, called Palang Pracharat, has publicly sought to sign Prayuth as its top “adviser.”

Full story: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/politics/2018/03/13/prayuth-cleared-to-join-new-party/

khaosodeng_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Khaosod English 2018-03-13

7 minutes ago, robblok said:

So let me get this straight.. he can't run in an election.

So he can't be elected as a PM in the normal way (meaning running in an election collecting votes), but can only be appointed a PM by the senate as an outside PM.

He can, according to the OP.

And I hope he does take the offer to see how the public really feels about it.

3 minutes ago, coulson said:

He can, according to the OP.

And I hope he does take the offer to see how the public really feels about it.

do i misread the following then

Deputy Prime Minister Wissanu Krea-ngam told reporters the current laws only prevents the regime leader from running in the election

2 minutes ago, robblok said:

do i misread the following then

Deputy Prime Minister Wissanu Krea-ngam told reporters the current laws only prevents the regime leader from running in the election

A nomination would effectively be the same thing. He would campaign and be entitled to appear on the ballot as the parties representative.

It's just another loophole to avoid him not being allowed to run himself by setting up his own political party.

And then when voting fails, he can still be appointed by the (military) Senate.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, colinneil said:

Sorry but i disagree with you, this chap is just as bad as the conman.

As Thais would say same same but different.

You mean the 4 gen Lao Immigrants from Thaksins  Thai Rak Thai Party. Who could disagree with You.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2

2 minutes ago, thaiguzzi said:

Troll.

Better job at what?

What has he actually done? Do tell.

And don't count deck chairs on a beach, 80 baht lottery tickets (100 again...) as meaningful upgrades to the country.

Accountability? Show me the figures in actual purchase price for the new train systems, the HH park of statues, and the subs. You can't. And no one else can.

He's as bent as a 5 bob note. And TOTALLY UNACCOUNTABLE.

As for 60 million Thais - you don't get out much.

Troll.

It's amazing how some people can write about things they obviously know nothing about. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, HiSoLowSoNoSo said:

In most civilized countries a man who have committed high treason (military coup) can not be cleared to join a political part or run as a PM, but in LaLa land everything is possible it seems.

It's only after one has been in LoS a while, that they understand the true meaning of "Amazing Thailand"

Prayut can do what he wants. I don't think his party can win any "clean" upcoming election. 

• Like 2