Pickup truck crashes into stairway of BTS station

webfact

Pickup truck crashes into stairway of BTS station

By The Nation

53804d833fd34450442986a478d5fbd0.jpeg

A pickup truck crashed into the stairway at the Punnawithi BTS station early on Tuesday.

The pickup hit the stairway at 3.50am on the outbound Sukhumvit Road before it stopped in a tilted position on the sidewalk between the stairway and a shophouse.

b76f1b0636ba9fda8743d6aaabf540fe.jpeg

The driver, Santisuk Saennor, 23, was slightly injured.

He said that the road was slippery because a water truck had just watered roadside trees.

He said he was returning from a market to his house on Soi Sukhumvit 101 when he stepped on the brake and he lost control of his vehicle.

700ffafda0fc2b15930b6471098d254c.jpeg

48af958bbefdce361bcf5f596dd788aa.jpeg

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30340809

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2018-03-13

1 hour ago, trigpoint said:

Fairly sure this is an old story from months ago, although a regular occurrence here.

I remember the previous one also, the picture looks very much the same but I recall that one was at Thonglor station.

In relation to him stepping on his brakes and losing control, that would only occur in a lock up situation, what speed was he going that locked brakes after him putting his foot down hard on them allowed him to lose control to such an extent.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, kingkenny said:

I remember the previous one also, the picture looks very much the same but I recall that one was at Thonglor station.

In relation to him stepping on his brakes and losing control, that would only occur in a lock up situation, what speed was he going that locked brakes after him putting his foot down hard on them allowed him to lose control to such an extent.

Looking at the damage done, and the condition of the truck, he was nearing liftoff.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, trainman34014 said:

I would say speed was a factor looking at the amount of damage, possibly phone use as well and these together with Thai's general inability to drive on anything but straight, dry roads in daylight =  yet another screw up !

They can't drive on straight dry roads either. There have been 15 accidents within 500 metres of my house in the past three years, some involving deaths and amputations. One of the more recent ones happened at around 10.30 at night and the driver said he swerved off the road to avoid someone crossing it. In three years I have never once seen anyone walk at night on the country road I live on, and there wasn't one that night either. A ghost, perhaps. Another time a car actually took off and went through the top branches of a tree. But then a lot of Thai drivers manage to defy the law of physics.

8 hours ago, Chang_paarp said:

Good thing that the shutters were down at the BTS station or he may have made it onto the platform. Imagine the confusion if that had happened! What would they charge the pickup?

Not allowed to use the lift unless he registers as disabled driver!:saai:

Don't you think considerable speed may have been a attributing factor as a car doing 60 - 70 k surely wouldn't have propelled that far in with a force to tip it. So sad to see this thai society so backward in their attitude to road use and safety!