Mongolian tourist jumps to his death from four story guest house in Khao San Road, say police

webfact

Mongolian tourist jumps to his death from four story guest house in Khao San Road, say police

1pm.jpg

Picture: Daily News

Police suspect that a 31 year old Mongolian man jumped to his death from the balcony of a a four story guest house in Khao San road last night.

Otgondor (name transliterated from the Thai language) had been staying in room 306 on the third floor of the Budget Guest House in the popular tourist center of Bangkok.

He was found dead by the side of the building with head trauma around 8.30pm.

Pol Capt Prasert Thinnarat of the Chana Songkhram police said that he was seen alone on CCTV going to the balcony before slipping out of view.

There were no other people with him and this led them to believe it was a case of suicide.

Source: Daily News

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-03-14

3rd floor isn't a good starting point for a suicide.  The risk of getting out alive but permanently disabled and in great pain is too high.

I wish they'd publish the height of the balcony railing whenever they report a fall/jump/push from a balcony.   Mine is 90cm high and if anyone dies from a balcony incident, I'd bet my wallet it's an accident.  I've stayed in several hotels where they (wisely) welded or bolted an extension to make their balcony railings higher and safer.

• Like 1