Prawit again seeks fifth extended time to clarify his pricey watches

webfact

8 hours ago, Tilacme said:

BkkP is reporting that "the law allows the NACC to give only 2 extensions".  So what assumptions can be drawn from lack of due process.

44 was used to authorize all those extra extensions. 

1 hour ago, Tilacme said:
2 hours ago, tropo said:

Has there been any guestimate of the total worth of this luxury watch collection?

There has but what does it matter?

Thank you! ... Because I was curious. If you know you could have just told me. You wouldn't expect all this fuss over a collection of cheap watches, would you?... so it's all about the value.  

Edited by tropo

3 hours ago, connda said:

The regime moralizes to the plebs but can't police its own.  That in itself speaks volumes.  Little else needs to be said.  But it's not just Thailand either.  The rich and connected protect the rich and connected - globally.  That's been the way of the world for a long, long time...like it or not.  They will throw one of their own under the bus on occasion, but this isn't one of those occasions.  :sleep:

You might be right.  He is definitely being cut a lot of slack here but the brave panther hunter might hopefully be inspecting the underside of public transport soon.   I would like the both of them to be down there comparing notes.

10 hours ago, owl sees all said:

The average Thai just shrug their shoulders and accept it. That is the Thai nature.

Farangs, on the other hand are annoyed - to say the least - to see such disregard for truth, honesty and fair play. Same as Red Bull man.

I think the problem with us, the TVForum members, is that we have our western hat on too much of the time..

10 hours ago, owl sees all said:

The average Thai just shrug their shoulders and accept it. That is the Thai nature.

Farangs, on the other hand are annoyed - to say the least - to see such disregard for truth, honesty and fair play. Same as Red Bull man.

I think the problem with us, the TVForum members, is that we have our western hat on too much of the time..

probably very well said   ---  let the thais get on with it   ----   as long as we can come here { lets face it we are pretty much not affected by any of this } and enjoy ourselves we are in a win win situation.

the reading of TV is, however, DETRIMENTAL, as their main agenda is to get readers

• Like 1

11 hours ago, tropo said:

Thank you! ... Because I was curious. If you know you could have just told me. You wouldn't expect all this fuss over a collection of cheap watches, would you?... so it's all about the value.  

I seem to recall an estimate of around 30 mil bt or 1 mil us dollar.  Apologies if i sounded flip, i was referencing the Generals apathy to the investigation.

• Like 1

Prawit, twit, twit, twoooo... all he needed to say from day 1 is, a friend owns a jewelers shop who let him wear the expensive watches for a day or two so he could show them off and encourage his friends to buy, .... he naturally never bought any watches as they would have been declared..simples...:saai:

Edited by merlin2002

13 hours ago, owl sees all said:

aint that the truth.

anyhow as foriegners we cannot vote or be involve in politics here.

we can be the observer only.

no point getting bent out of shape with these things. 

up to them.

when the people finally had enough it will all be on again like last time riots.

anyway, does anybody think ANY high ranking army general with lifetime service, ANYWHERE in the world will be poor and living in a studio appartment?

19 hours ago, holy cow cm said:

This guy is pure slime. He needs to be tossed into jail. He is not above or better than anyone else, but sure thinks he is. 

In point of fact he is above everyone in the country except prayut and one other.

Edited by HooHaa
  • Like 1

This is certainly and impressive list.  But it is not a true watch collection.  I don't see a single classic like the Paul Newman Rolex or the Omega Speedmaster1861 Moon watch.  Just 25 new top end brand name watches, typical of someone who has got fantastically rich all of a sudden.

As you pointed out, the watches in question are the type you’d give someone as an over the top bribe, not an assortment a watch loving collector would amass over time.
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, srchino said:

As you pointed out, the watches in question are the type you’d give someone as an over the top bribe, not an assortment a watch loving collector would amass over time.

I didnt point out anything about bribe, that is your word and i request a retraction.

I said these are the types that would be used for such a thing, not that that’s actually where these ones came from.

Watches are given as gifts for financial rewards all the time, and much of the time legally. Not all bribes are illegal.

6 minutes ago, srchino said:

I said these are the types that would be used for such a thing, not that that’s actually where these ones came from.

Watches are given as gifts for financial rewards all the time, and much of the time legally. Not all bribes are illegal.

All bribes are de facto illegal.

On Thu Mar 15 2018 at 7:11 PM, owl sees all said:

Or some of us strive to hold on to our ethical and professional standards, that, are for the most part non-existant.

And by coming here to dismay, mock, vent and discuss the joke that this country so often is..we can see others trying the same.

Edited by kaorop

There is no issue here really;

Thais accept corruption as a normal part of life, it is how Thailand ticks, everyone is happy. Seems only farangs get upset about it so as non entities they do not matter as is proved by LOS time and again in the funny little hoops they have farangs jump through at every which way...