National reform committee aims to rid Thailand of corruption

webfact

The national reform committee is determined to rid Thailand of corruption through more public participation

They should really give the public at least some sort of protection and a sense that they will not be incriminated themselves should they try to uncover or expose a situation that they find.
Until people feel safe to speak out then only a fraction of probably connected people, ever actually will...

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

2 hours ago, GarryP said:

Why don't they introduce a "Whistle-blowers" Protection Act" or something on those lines with incentives to report corruption/malfeasance, etc. 

Nobody honest enough to "report" too?

• Sad 1
  • Haha 2

The way business is done, the "squeeze" ingrained into the powerfull, make me doubt if this goal will ever be reached.

There seems to be a beginning going on, any more steps will be welcome, but ridding Thailand of this blight on the country will take many years.

2 hours ago, GarryP said:

Why don't they introduce a "Whistle-blowers" Protection Act" or something on those lines with incentives to report corruption/malfeasance, etc. 

Good idea but in Thailand there is one problem. Regardless of whether there might be a "Whistle-blowers Protection Act" the "brown envelope" can be expected to arrange it so the whistle-blower ends up being the scapegoat.

Edited by Cadbury
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, smutcakes said:

Who is going to protect the whistle blower? The police, the army........

In  my line of business we have many regulations regarding suspicious monies, cash transactions etc. If a transaction is in excess of say 2 million THB cash, we are supposed to make a report on it for further investigation into the origin of those funds. Are I or any regular person is going to whistle blow on that person and believe we would be protected by the police etc... Not a chance.

That's a good point bearing in mind the crazy defamatory laws.

• Like 1