Seminar on “Thailand Taking off to New Heights” discusses economic policies

webfact

Seminar on “Thailand Taking off to New Heights” discusses economic policies

PNOHT610319001014701.jpg

BANGKOK, 20th March 2018 (NNT) – The Office of the Board of Investment (BOI) has been holding a seminar on “Thailand Taking off to New Heights” at IMPACT Exhibition and Convention Center. 

In the opening ceremony, Deputy Prime Minister Somkid Jatusripitak made his remarks, highlighting the recovery of the world economy and the geopolitical shift from Europe to Asia which will provide opportunities for Thailand to be the economic hub of Asia. 

He then outlined key economic measures that will drive Thailand to the level of a developed nation. 

First, the government is implementing infrastructure megaprojects to increase connectivity and expand development. The construction of railways in Bangkok to other provincial capitals is ongoing while the Thailand-China railway project is also underway. 

Second, the government is investing in the Eastern Economic Corridor (EEC). Thailand is aiming to be the hub of the bio-economy in the eastern seaboard, and the regional aviation center. 

Lastly, the Deputy Prime Minister said the government is enabling an analog to digital transition. The revolution in digital technology will expand e-commerce and foster the growth of entrepreneurs and start-ups. 

Deputy Minister of Transportation Uttama Savanayana, who was among keynote speakers, stressed the proactive industrial policy that will elevate Thailand into a new era of industrial development. It focuses on the country’s strengths in biotechnology, electronics, aviation, and medicine. Moreover, it will develop the human workforce, technology, and innovations to achieve sustainable growth.

nnt_logo.jpg
-- nnt 2018-03-20

Achieving any heights will make a pleasant change from the outstanding lows that seem more the norm.

I love the country and sincerely hope that one day it will actually achieve some.

Also hope I will live long enough to see it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Achieving any heights will make a pleasant change from the outstanding lows that seem more the norm.
I love the country and sincerely hope that one day it will actually achieve some.
Also hope I will live long enough to see it.
Unless your current age is around ten years old then I sincerely doubt it.....

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, webfact said:

Thailand is aiming to be the hub of the bio-economy in the eastern seaboard, and the regional aviation center. 

Well they could start by teaching english to the Thai Air Asia staff....when they speak english i can't understand a word of it....

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, webfact said:

Second, the government is investing in the Eastern Economic Corridor (EEC).

Actually, what the government has "invested" are tax breaks and long term leases to Japanese investors who are putting in billions of baht to EEC development. Prayut invoked Article 44 to bypass all the local governmental planning processes and environmental reviews while excluding Thai people's participation.

Government leading the way just doesn't get any better than this.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, webfact said:

"Moreover, it will develop the human workforce......"

So says Deputy Minister of Transportation Uttama Savanayana. The man is a delusional windbag.

The Thai education system is stuffed and incapable of lifting the Thai work skills off the bottom rung.

According to the World Bank Thailand will face the biggest shortage of skilled labour in the Asean region. To quote:

"A WB survey results recently showed that 83.5 per cent of the workforce in Thailand is unskilled. This puts Thailand’s skilled workforce at the lowest proportion among other Asean countries....".

Heavens above they can't even get the unskilled Thai people to work. They have to bring in hundreds of thousands of foreign workers from neighbouring countries to do the dirty work they are too lazy to do.

• Like 2

if by ''taking off ''.you mean, ''running away to avoid responsibility''.. ,and if by ''new heights ''...you mean, ''getting absolutley wasted then driving home''......I can see it..

Edited by mok199
speliing