With "training" like this is it any wonder there is carnage on the Thai roads?

webfact

17 minutes ago, stanleycoin said:

This is the best Transportation system for most

in Thailand.

Maybe then they wont kill there  Children, Family, Friends, General public  and us. :thumbsup:

The official worst in the world. :bah:

Flip Flops.jpg

That's not transport, those are safety shoes. Seen here in action.

5ab0edb9134a9_SafetyShoes.thumb.jpeg.7fc8ff7a42d3bf98f91d2a6c58c95787.jpeg

• Haha 2

Falang no understand Thai “taxing” system.

Income stream 1. If you want a license without test or training, pay fee to friend in licensing office.

Income stream 2. When police stop unlicensed driver, pay fee to police, go on your way. No incentive to really enforce law and stop unlicensed drivers from driving, as removes chance for fee next time.

Income stream 3. Government need to say they are doing something. Employ friend’s company to make more useless videos for big bucks, split fee.

Finance-based law is the only law the judicial system ever supports here. 

• Like 1

I went to get my Thai drivers 6 months ago and sat through a class that began with video. Part of the video a man was laying ground dreaming 

of getting a license......  his dream was under a Drivers license tree. Seriously. So now I understand why they think there is a money tree. 

I got got my drivers license for car and moto..... have license for both

in US and for car in China. China license is another story to be told 

while sitting on a bar stool. 

Siting the Licence centre miles from anywhere is barmy.  Telling farangs to come in at 6.30am despite the place not opening till 8 is because ALL Thais are admitted first. 2nd class farangs then queue for the remaining tickets.  Most are told to return in the afternoon.

There was no depth perception-test; the instructor got perhaps forty people to do colour-blindness test + emergency stops in about an hour.  The excruciating video used up another hour of the few I have left.  It depicts a feather-brained Thai (female of course) making lots of mistakes whilst a condescending instructor (naturally male - as opposed to unnaturally male!) teaches her the right way. 

• Haha 1

On 3/20/2018 at 11:38 AM, Stoker58 said:

A one hour talk from an ambulance paramedic would be much more effective.

I like your thinking, and in the rest of the world, that would work.

However, these %#$@'s still believe it's up to the 'B-man' what happens on the road, and they will always continue to ride around with their heads up their ar#@'s :coffee1:

• Like 1