5 vs 1: French tourist attacked in Pattaya [VIDEO]

Jonathan Fairfield

5 vs 1: French tourist attacked in Pattaya [VIDEO]

wp.png

A French tourist has told police he was attacked by a gang of five men in South Pattaya.

The unnamed Frenchman, aged between 20-25 years, said he was jumped by the Thai men as he walked along Soi Buakhao in the early hours of Saturday morning.

The man said he was knocked unconscious during the attack and robbed.

When he came round he called for help and was assisted by staff at a nearby hotel who contacted the police.

Although the Frenchman said he had trouble remembering exactly what happened, he said that he thought that had been attacked by up to five men.

He also suffered injuries to his back and right eyebrow.

The Frenchman told police that this is his first trip to Thailand and the first time he had visited Pattaya.

Police said they are investigating and will check CCTV footage from the area.

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-03-24

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, fdbob said:

Yes but still safer than Londonostan

i walk all the time on soi bakhao and not had a problem but maybe its the start of problems there , there are never any police patrolling , so its worrying if i try to get to my hotel and this is happening , its no good for thailand , i can believe this happened as it is dark and nobody about especially no police , hope they catch them  

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, hottrader77 said:

i walk all the time on soi bakhao and not had a problem but maybe its the start of problems there , there are never any police patrolling

That's right, they are all on Walking Street, which appears to be the only place in Pattaya that they care about.

Welcome to pattya. Wonder why anyone comes to this place. Muggings, dirty filthy beaches, horrible traffic. Jet ski scammers, mangy soi dogs,  etc. 20 years ago nice place to come for weekend with family. No more

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, maccastime said:

Oh the poor pet little cut on the shoulder? Crying his eyes out. 5 men did this..... mmmmmmmm 

Little cut? Sure but the bruise on his shoulder is quite large and will look nasty in few hours and was certainly very painful at the time when the video was shot. Crying his eyes out because of the pain and realizing he was robbed and lost his money, phone etc.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, johng said:

First and last time ?

Shouldn't he be wearing a shirt whilst out in public ?

Maybe get some more "defensive" tattoos to ward off any future attacks.

Or get the ones that allow him to say things in a way that people will believe his every word. Those are pretty popular, and he then could have talked his way out of this mess :thumbsup:

Edited by Easy Come Easy Go
  • Sad 1

43 minutes ago, hottrader77 said:

i walk all the time on soi bakhao and not had a problem but maybe its the start of problems there , there are never any police patrolling , so its worrying if i try to get to my hotel and this is happening , its no good for thailand , i can believe this happened as it is dark and nobody about especially no police , hope they catch them  

No, you probably do not act like a <deleted>.

Hence, those of us who do not have the same problems as others.

• Sad 2

That Thai woman said the guy first said he walked with one person who attacked him for no reason and then left. And he just arrived from the airport and doesn’t know where his friends are. 

At at the station that person became a gang attack from five people. 

Sounds like a night out with a LB went wrong and he doesn’t want to admit it.  

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, henry15 said:

This man can have the French nationalty but hes not a french native but a muslim

Muslim is not a nationality, and how do you know he is Muslim? Can Muslim have permanent tattoos on their back like he has. Can anybody recognize the alphabet used in his tattoo, does not look like arabic?

Edited by Zyxel
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1