Buying a car 2.5m baht budget

RAZZELL

15 hours ago, IsaanFam said:

Ok, it is still a 1mb drop. And it is still crazy. I would be furious if I bought it a month ago. Wonder what happened there, might be that they producing it now inside Thailand instead of importing them.

Yep, the C43 is now build local. As of June 2017 the GLC is also build local, but the 2016 and 2017 is basically the same. Only the more expensive coupe version have dropped a few 100,000 in price.

https://www.bangkokpost.com/auto/news/1413682/thai-price-of-mercedes-amg-c43-coupe-falls-by-b1m

• Like 1

On 3/31/2018 at 8:26 PM, IsaanFam said:

I crashed it myself because the ABS did not work, also the airbags didn't work. 

Every car I've owned has been second or more hand...none have had ABS or airbags, none have crashed

maybe you don't drive too well ?  :shock1:    :tongue:

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

19 hours ago, IsaanFam said:

The 211 HP is indeed nice but the GLA is just too damn ugly compared to a 320 or 330. And, it is FWD instead of BMW RWD, which is a real deal breaker. And yes, I really like the design of all the Mercedes coupe versions, ie. CLA, GLC, CLS, C/E but that GLA is just a mistake.... from my pov :stoner:

Funny thing about the C43 AMG, it dropped to 4.2 mb some weeks ago. Before it was priced at around 5.6mb. They just discounted it 1.4mb cheaper. What a real disaster, imagining you bought a c43 some months ago for the sticker price of 5.6 and then they drop the price like that. Crazy marketing. As of the topic the budget is just 2.5 but with a little more you get an AMG.

Maybe you had the price of the GLC43 Coupe AMG in mind. It use to be 5.79 million, but will also soon be produced in Thailand. That could be a sweet ride.

On 01/04/2018 at 8:09 PM, IsaanFam said:

Ok, it is still a 1mb drop. And it is still crazy. I would be furious if I bought it a month ago. Wonder what happened there, might be that they producing it now inside Thailand instead of importing them.

When I went to Benz a few years ago looking at the CLA (I ended up buying a 5) - it was only available on import.

They were very clear about when the local version would be made and the approx difference in price when it was out.

So I'm fairly sure this didn't take that many people by surprise. 

This thread has broaden out to cars in general, so just want to share a very surprising discovery that there are 26 BMW i8 for sale on one2car. I guess the rich and famous want to be seen in these types of fancy concept cars, but soon get tired of them and toss them away.

https://www.one2car.com/en/cars-for-sale/bmw/i/i8

Edited by ExpatOilWorker
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, ExpatOilWorker said:

This thread has broaden out to cars in general, so just want to share a very surprising discovery that there are 26 BMW i8 for sale on one2car. I guess the rich and famous want to be seen in these types of fancy concept cars, but soon get tired of them and toss them away.

https://www.one2car.com/en/cars-for-sale/bmw/i/i8

13 new and 13 used.

On 3/27/2018 at 6:12 PM, RAZZELL said:

Does it make any difference whether a car is "grey" import?

RAZZ

Yes of course. The grey ones get too hot in the Thai sun. Better with white or silver colour.

Den

• Like 1

On 3/27/2018 at 11:30 AM, Rdrokit said:

Beautiful looking car in my opinion which isn't worth much now a days.

Good luck if you want to park that beast in reverse gear. The view backwards seems to be even worse than a SsangYong Stavic :-(

But you know that a RV4 is not available in Thailand!
I think there are still a lot of people give comments here without the knowledge about Thai cars. As there are not every car available and even when they are… then they are still not always the same as for example in Europe!
Many cars have predefined features and you can not choose what you want inside as in Europe.
Most poster on TV have very little knowledge about what they post. Its entertaining nonetheless.

Sent from my R2-D2 droid using my C-3PO manservant

My Wife and I were 'between' cars for 2 weeks... (after selling ours and waiting for the new one).... 

That nearly cost us our sanity !!...  The daily taxi of taking our son to school and picking him up, dealing with the UBER and GRAB can't find your address, late arrivals, taxi's refusing fair, breaking down, aggressive and angry drivers, swearing etc etc...  Then not being able to do the 'large weekly shop' and instead doing smaller shops... 

The convenience of a car, even in a city such as Bangkok cannot be beaten...  The ability to just nip out to Mega Bang Na (IKEA) or Cyrstal Park or any other shopping mall at a whim... and each time knowing that I'll be on the expressway, not chancing it my son in the car without a car seat, but in a strong safe, well maintained car, with correct tyre pressures, new tyres, with a proper isofix car seat... 

Oh.. and then we can get whatever we like, stop off where ever we like on the way home... dinner etc... yup you can do that in a Taxi, but its a pain in the backside and wears thin very quickly. 

It would seem that only those without cars suggest they are not needed. 

The guy says he has a Jazz. More than enough if you live in Bangkok.

12 minutes ago, JaseTheBass said:

The guy says he has a Jazz. More than enough if you live in Bangkok.

Yes, but richard was reacting to another post who suggested to not buy a car. Maybe read first and reply later.

• Like 1

Yes, but richard was reacting to another post who suggested to not buy a car. Maybe read first and reply later.
I would be ostracized for not posting nonsense if I did that.

BTW, a Jazz or equivalent is a much better idea than wasting money on overrated German stuff.

29 minutes ago, JaseTheBass said:

I would be ostracized for not posting nonsense if I did that.

BTW, a Jazz or equivalent is a much better idea than wasting money on overrated German stuff.

Believe me, you will never be ostracised for not posting nonsense. Its the ones who do post nonsense who will be binned.

Edited by Tilacme

On ‎29‎.‎03‎.‎2018 at 2:27 PM, HidyHo said:

I'd very interested in your review after the show.

I like the look of Toyota CHR but on the website, it looks like top spec model (with all safety features) are only available for hybrid engine which produce very low horsepower which is disappointing. 

Myself, I am leaning toward purchasing Subaru XV in next few months (unless I said <deleted> it and go after GLA 250 which has close to 200 HP).  I'm interested in high riding vehicle that's small enough for urban driving.  I already have a Honda City which is fairly boring to drive.

I was interested in Mazda CX-3 but my Thai friends think their customer service is below par.  I'd be interested to hear feedbacks from any Mazda owners in BKK.

I am still considering the Toyota C-HR or the Mazda CX-5. The Mazda CX-3 which would actually play in the same league as the Toyota I not like and for Mazda there is only the CX-5 which I really like. If this one would be already available with Hybrid and the 360 Camera as the Mazda 3 is this year then I think I would go for Mazda 100%.

As this 2 features still not available and probably have to wait 2 years for the Hybrid (I have heard somewhere that 2020 Mazda will bring Hybrid into their cars). Now I am thinking what I should do (Toyota or Mazda) or buy wait and look for next year, which means I would not have a car for almost 1 more year...

As the Horse-Power is not that Important (but still nice to have), the Subaru XV is not that nice looking from my perspective.

• Like 1

There is always the Nissan X-Trail with 360 camera and Hybrid power-train.  

I would not wait, hoping for a Mazda Hybrid in LOS in 2020.  Mazda do not offer some models now and tend to delay introducing their new models here compared to western markets.   

1 hour ago, HAKAPALITA said:

That pic is next years unFORTUNAte Drophead Coup..!

Todays unfortunate drip head coupe.

Being delivered to my UK gaff today.

1265 cm3.  38.42 hp. Torque 78Nm. top speed 68mph. 0-60 34.5sec

hillman minx.jpg

Edited by talahtnut
spelling correction
  • Like 1