Buying a car 2.5m baht budget

RAZZELL

16 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Handling?....  Perhaps, I'm not sure... if I wanted handling I wouldn't be choosing an SUV

What you choosing its up to you .

I say in fact. X1 its better handling...

And its fact. 

Another bla bla.

2.2 Diesel CX-5 (which does 0-100 kmh in 8.4 secs which is enough).

Who tell you this is?

Its is you dream?:)

Considering a step down from a 4.6 MB car to a 1.75MB car the only real difference is in the physical size of the vehicle

If you think like this. It up to.

So mean you no need faster, better braking. better handling. Better technology...better materials.

Screenshot_20180418-223519.png

11 minutes ago, ardokano said:

What you choosing its up to you .

I say in fact. X1 its better handling...

And its fact. 

Another bla bla.

Who tell you this is?

Its is you dream?:)

If you think like this. It up to.

So mean you no need faster, better braking. better handling. Better technology...better materials.

Screenshot_20180418-223519.png

You may be right on the 0-100 kmh times...  there are no official Mazda figures. I haven't tested the 0-100kmh in the real world, there are numerous different figures floating around from various reviews and tests... 

But your comment: Better Braking, Better Technology, Better Materials?

What better Materials? What grade materials are better? OR are you guessing?

Better braking? is it ? how did you test this? Or again, are you guessing? 

Better Tech? Is it? where is this stated? or, are you guessing?

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

'breathe anywhere' ??? (I'm not sure what you mean by this).

The new Model BMW X1 is a lovely car (Does it have the heads up Display, lane departure, active cruse control etc?)

Handling?....  Perhaps, I'm not sure... if I wanted handling I wouldn't be choosing an SUV. In fact, the whole handle better is a little lost on me. I don't imagine I'll ever drive a car on the road to consider its handling that important. That said, good safety features are important in the event of necessary evasive action... 

The Mazda CX-5 has Electric Passenger seat and Memory Drivers seats. Did you look at an older or second-hand model? bottom of the range model?

It also has an electronic sun-roof.

Other impressive features of the Mazda include the following: 

Active Driving display (Heads up Display)

Lane Keep Assist (hands off the steering wheel and it keeps within the lane or provides a set level resistance against departing the lane (when not indicating). 

Lane Departure Warning (Alarms when departing lane without indication)

Radar Cruize control (maintains set distance from car in front on highways)

Adaptive Front Lighting (adjust/turns to corners)

High Beam Control (automatically dips headlights for oncoming vehicles)

Smart Brake Support (above 15kmh -  smart braking)

Smart City Brake Support (below 15kmh - emergency braking - collision avoidance)

Smart City Brake Support Reverse

Driver Attention Alert (After a certain duration, and consistent speed, steering - pings an alarm)

Active Blind Spot Monitoring (warning on HUD and on Mirrors)

Rear Cross Traffic Alert (alerts for blind spot traffic when reversing out of a space)

Coming from a BMW to the Mazda:  

Annoyance: On the Mazda the side Mirrors do not auto adjust along with the seat settings. In the BMW when I get it and Press Memory 1 for the seats the side mirrors also adjust to my settings. When my Wife gets in and Presses Memory 2 for the seats, the mirrors also adjust to her settings. 

Annoyance: No Sun Blind for the rear passengers on the Mazda (in the BMW this was useful to keep the sun off my son in his car seat). 

Improvement: Better toys and safety features (which may be offered on the newest BMW's ?).

SatNav: After using BMW's iDrive on 2 separate cars over the past 6 years I've found the Map on the Mazda harder to follow and read. But some aspects, such as address input are easier. 

Speed: 528i (2.0 twin turbo petrol) was obviously faster. X5 25d (2.0 twin turbo diesel) was also faster than the 2.2 Diesel CX-5 (which does 0-100 kmh in 8.4 secs which is enough).

Considering a step down from a 4.6 MB car to a 1.75MB car the only real difference is in the physical size of the vehicle (X5 obviously being a 'step' larger) with better features on the more modern C-X5 (the BMW F15 was 3 years old). 

Doesn't have any safety features. I have been asking BMW about active cruise and steering and all that, but they say the software isn't ready for Thai roads yet. 

It does have Heads up display though.. 

• Like 1

On 3/29/2018 at 11:00 AM, gamesgplayemail said:

You must be joking. I do not care electronics and other shit, I would dream that my German car do not have any ! I am just speaking about the driving feeling and safety feeling that you will never find in a Japanese car.

NO electronics?

I'm guessing you don't like "tunes" as in music  then.

I'b be pretty unhappy without bluetooth in my car. 

47 minutes ago, watcharacters said:

NO electronics?

I'm guessing you don't like "tunes" as in music  then.

I'b be pretty unhappy without bluetooth in my car. 

Ha, ha, no electronics. Guess it's back to a points ignition and an AM radio with tubes.

2 hours ago, mortenaa said:

Doesn't have any safety features. I have been asking BMW about active cruise and steering and all that, but they say the software isn't ready for Thai roads yet. 

It does have Heads up display though.. 

A questionable excuse there from BMW... I'm quite sure they wouldn't 'target' their software specifically for Thai roads and driving style. 

That said, when using the radar cruise control and someone cuts in front of me, the brakes come on !!!

1 hour ago, Rdrokit said:

Ha, ha, no electronics. Guess it's back to a points ignition and an AM radio with tubes.

With the increasing use of electronics..soon it will be impossible

to drive..no steering wheel. Future generations will never know the

sound and feeling of the V8.   Eventually robots will replace humans.

Join the Pattaya Ludite movement..

44 minutes ago, talahtnut said:

And if it leads to a safer driving situation will that be a bad thing?

I admit I'm  not interested in "feeling" the road as that by definition to me  means curves and speed.   The last car I owned in the USA had an estimated speed of 153 MPH.   It was a full size  heavy sedan.      The only negative thing I read about the  car in a review of it was   a test driver for a well known  publication said at  120 MPH on a speed track  it felt as if he was sitting on a sofa in  his living room.   No road/wind noise, no  rattles or anything.       Just comfort. 

I like a safe car  first and foremost and one that offers me the confort for which I paid.

I can never pay the price I need for comfort in Thailand as  I am spoiled by USA prices.

In thailand, I know I need to pay  much more for an "identical car" that   by default  offers much less in terms of comfort and safety.

Not complaining  "attackers".   I'm  just stating the truth regarding my experience.   Please address the information and do not attack the poster to the thread.

TIA

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, talahtnut said:

I think you mean Luddite movement. I am part of that movement been driving over 50 years and have always got along without all the autonomous BS. I like to drive the car, not the car drive me.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Rdrokit said:

I think you mean Luddite movement. I am part of that movement been driving over 50 years and have always got along without all the autonomous BS. I like to drive the car, not the car drive me.

I think we understood Talanut without your Spell Assist.:stoner:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Rdrokit said:

Well spotted typo, thank you.  I too, only drive old cars.

I remember a new car tested on Top Gear..cant remember

the car, but the instruction manual was in two thick

volumes. I believe Clarkson threw them outof the window

after reading the first page. 

7 hours ago, transam said:

Lexus, which go on forever and other high end stuff....

The Lexus in Thailand has a V8?

Till now when I checked cars, most in Thailand use 2 liter engines. Some have bigger engines but mostly are "truck" style cars. But not saw a standart car which has like a V8 as you can find them easy in US or in some european countries.

51 minutes ago, HampiK said:

Till now when I checked cars, most in Thailand use 2 liter engines. Some have bigger engines but mostly are "truck" style cars. But not saw a standart car which has like a V8 as you can find them easy in US or in some european countries.

No new Lexus with V-8 only used LS460s.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, HampiK said:

Yep, not new but my chum has one. :stoner:

13 hours ago, Rdrokit said:

No new Lexus with V-8 only used LS460s.

1 hour ago, transam said:

Yep, not new but my chum has one. :stoner:

Maybe we should do a thread, V-8 Cars Available In Thailand.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, JaseTheBass said:

Yes, it's because I live in the 21st Century where V8s are generally going the way of the dinosaurs.

Sent from my R2-D2 droid using my C-3PO manservant

Some 2018 new cars with V-8s. I think there will always be some V-8 available.

1. Aston Martin V8 Vantage

2. Maserati Gran Turismo

3. Lexus LC 500

4. Lexus GS F

5. Lexus RC F

6. Jeep Grand Cherokee

7. Dodge Charger

8. Dodge Challenger

9. Chevrolet Camaro

10. Chevrolet Corvette

11. Ford Mustang

12. Dodge Durango

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2. Maserati Gran Turismo

3. Lexus LC 500

4. Lexus GS F

5. Lexus RC F

6. Jeep Grand Cherokee

7. Dodge Charger

8. Dodge Challenger

9. Chevrolet Camaro

10. Chevrolet Corvette

11. Ford Mustang

12. Dodge Durango

Not recommended for Millennials.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2. Maserati Gran Turismo

3. Lexus LC 500

4. Lexus GS F

5. Lexus RC F

6. Jeep Grand Cherokee

7. Dodge Charger

8. Dodge Challenger

9. Chevrolet Camaro

10. Chevrolet Corvette

11. Ford Mustang

12. Dodge Durango

Do big Mercs and BMW have V8's in LOS..?

I know the BMW SUV did...

4 minutes ago, transam said:

Do big Mercs and BMW have V8's in LOS..?

I know the BMW SUV did...

Both BMW and Mercedes V-8s are turbo charged. Probably find some gray market BMW X-5 or 550, 650. In a Merc probably see a C 63 or E 63.

Just now, Rdrokit said:

Both BMW and Mercedes V-8s are turbo charged. Probably find some gray market BMW X-5 or 550, 650. In a Merc probably see a C 63 or E 63.

I recall IMHO here in LOS had a V8 Porsche SUV....Hope he is OK....

23 minutes ago, transam said:

I recall IMHO here in LOS had a V8 Porsche SUV....Hope he is OK....

Yep, another turbocharged V-8 in the Cayenne S and also in the Panamera S. I saw a Panamera S fly by me about a month ago. BIG BUCKS!

Edited by Rdrokit

On 19.04.2018 at 11:50 AM, richard_smith237 said:

You may be right on the 0-100 kmh times...  there are no official Mazda figures. I haven't tested the 0-100kmh in the real world, there are numerous different figures floating around from various reviews and tests... 

But your comment: Better Braking, Better Technology, Better Materials?

What better Materials? What grade materials are better? OR are you guessing?

Better braking? is it ? how did you test this? Or again, are you guessing? 

Better Tech? Is it? where is this stated? or, are you guessing?

Yes better material. As wood,alloy carbon. 

Better braking yes its Obviously.

F10 I am not tested I owned. Now I have G10 and E65..

In past even on my E60 in 2006 haved Active Front Steering(AFS)

So just idiom can compare budget SUV with  5 series BMW and say only difference is size..:)

On 19.04.2018 at 12:43 PM, mortenaa said:

Considering a step down from a 4.6 MB car to a 1.75MB car the only real difference is in the physical size of the vehicle

And yes I gust little test Mazda ..

this is enough to understand. for all my words I am ready to answer with money. I suggest you also respond with money. I will show you more than 10 significant differences BMW F10 528 vs Mazda cx5 , the difference in material and tech. and I will prove more effective breaking.

the rate is the equivalent of the cost of cars. if I win you give me $ 50,000 (mazda price)if you I give you $ 140,000(BMW price) ...

So another your idiots bla bla.. You show me. Or your words not cost even penny?;)

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, transam said:

Did you fix your Fortuners bumper, seems you had mega problems fixing something simple...?

Did you try some normal car? Or you still believed people must self's fixed  some on they new car???

On fortuner its not much help ,need fixed every 5000-10000 km..

Anywhere you still drive you farm cart with  logo Toyota? Or buy some car?:)))

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

40 minutes ago, ardokano said:

Did you try some normal car? Or you still believed people must self's fixed  some on they new car???

On fortuner its not much help ,need fixed every 5000-10000 km..

Anywhere you still drive you farm cart with  logo Toyota? Or buy some car?:)))

I think perhaps it was YOUR Fortuner that needed fixing every 5/10,000km...With your knowledge of vehicle stuff I am really surprised/amazed......:sad:

Yes my Toyota farm cart is still going strong, both bumpers are still in place too..:stoner:

50 minutes ago, transam said:

I think perhaps it was YOUR Fortuner that needed fixing every 5/10,000km...With your knowledge of vehicle stuff I am really surprised/amazed......:sad:

Yes my Toyota farm cart is still going strong, both bumpers are still in place too..:stoner:

Anyone know how how to fix these bumpers?

CommonCoreCar.jpg

Edited by talahtnut

3 hours ago, transam said:

Can you tell me how any knowledge vehicle stuff what it has to do with a substandard car?

Its not only in my fortuner. Its many fortunes had this is problem. But owner as you do not know , because do not owned normal Toyota/ car..:))

Anywhere my knowledge of vehicle stuff enough to replace the alternator on a farm cart.

But can you remaid me you farmer cart its more than 10 year old and near 300-500k km used? Is it?  Off road or upper 140 speed in motorway is it? And still bumper not mowed even few mm? 

no rattles in the cabin and it did not fall apart? that then I have doubts. You are as usual a lie or just a senile senility?.:)

Edited by ardokano