EU lauds Thai foreign labor registration efforts

webfact

EU lauds Thai foreign labor registration efforts

PNECO610327001000201.jpg

BANGKOK, 27th March 2018 (NNT) – The European Union has commended the Thai government for its management of foreign laborers, noting significant progress in their registration. 

Minister of Labor, Pol Gen Adul Saengsinghkaew received EU Plenipotentiary Ambassador to Thailand H.E. Pirkka Tapiola and his delegation this week, after they arrived in the Kingdom to discuss labor cooperation between Thailand and the European Union. 

The minister took the opportunity to assure the EU representatives that Thailand has been working diligently to properly register all of its migrant laborers and has integrated its nationality verification systems.

He explained that of the estimated 3.8 million foreign workers in Thailand, about 2 million are here under a Memorandum of Understanding while 1.8 million entered the country without legal permission. Of that number some 700,000 are pending proper registration, which includes the collection of biometric information such as retinal scans.

The scans have been especially important in documenting fisheries industry workers with 160,000 so far scanned and about 2,600 left to be documented. The process is expected to be completed on March 31. 

He also assured the delegation that the government has emphasized human rights and equality in its work and has been stringent in maintaining the rule of law, with both the Prime Minister and his deputy for security, paying considerable attention to the matter. 

The EU envoy lauded the government for its latest legislation concerning foreign workers and for its efforts to register all migrant laborers in the Kingdom. He remarked that the efforts provide a clear starting point for Thailand’s cooperation with the EU and have helped the bloc to grow confident about developing labor relations with Thailand.

nnt_logo.jpg
-- nnt 2018-03-27
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, webfact said:

noting significant progress in their registration

Just one hour back from my extension of WP, no kidding: "No Sir, not possible two year only one year." "But two years ago, I got a two-years extension, as I did four years ago." (Not to forget this stupid Syphilis check, a HIV-check would make sense at least, but TIT.) New regulation, Sir, new boss in office, Sir, blablabla."

Nice significant progresses every year here. At least we will never get bored (maybe screwed now and again). Every encounter with authorities involves a sort of adventure.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Ralf61 said:

Just one hour back from my extension of WP, no kidding: "No Sir, not possible two year only one year." "But two years ago, I got a two-years extension, as I did four years ago." (Not to forget this stupid Syphilis check, a HIV-check would make sense at least, but TIT.) New regulation, Sir, new boss in office, Sir, blablabla."

Nice significant progresses every year here. At least we will never get bored (maybe screwed now and again). Every encounter with authorities involves a sort of adventure.

Every year for  my  extension of  stay married to a  Thai we go in one day before  to check what they want, every year different.

1 minute ago, JOC said:

Just a little strong on the very same day that activist Andy Hall was ordered to pay 10 million baht in compensation for addressing the issue...:coffee1:

What issue????????:thumbsup:

24 minutes ago, Ralf61 said:

i think it's illegal for them to ask your HIV status. i think the syphilis test is recommended by the WHO as they are trying to eradicate it globally. not sure about elephantitis, i'd never even heard of it before i got the medical done in the past.

It is clear that you have no understanding regarding this issue.

For if you had, you would now be banned from ThaiVisa.

If  u wanna  play would be moderator thats fine by me,:thumbsup:  go ahead ban me:crazy:

I have plenty of idea having had numerous migrant workers of the total BALLS  up that they have produced with these ill thought out  measures including numerous days wasted trying to register workers which we had already done from the previous attempt the year before, then they go and add another layer of time wasting paper chase  crap, however I found a  solution, I dont hire any migrant workers  now and finding Thais is almost impossible so I end up doing it myself.

There are agents  who will do this for you BUT even they are not accepting any more to register as they go to these so called  centres spend all day there and are told to come back another day.

Edited by kannot

21 hours ago, webfact said:

The EU envoy lauded the government for its latest legislation concerning foreign workers and for its efforts to register all migrant laborers in the Kingdom.

It would be interesting to see what he actually said !

• Like 2

3 hours ago, mr_lob said:

All true - we go through the same crap every time we renew our Burmese workers' papers. It is a ball-ache but they are much better workers than the Thais (no whinging, back stabbing, acting like kids, not turning up, turning up late, taking time off for the next door neighbour's long lost brother's monkey's uncle's funeral...)

Last 2  years found even the Burmese  dont  want to work outside anymore, all want factory jobs which is odd as "Thais" should be doing that work, makes me wonder what the Thais actually  do do now?????

At one time a  quick  call had them lining up here to work, now nothing.

It amazes me that anyone believes ANYTHING that a Thai official says. Such believers must be naive and gullible in the extreme! Do they never learn about  the reality of Thailand? Or perhaps it suits them to ignore the truth, in all regards  ....

• Like 2

On 3/27/2018 at 3:02 PM, webfact said:

He also assured the delegation that the government has emphasized human rights and equality in its work and has been stringent in maintaining the rule of law, with both the Prime Minister and his deputy for security, paying considerable attention to the matter. 

Elmer Fudd and toad are on it, as they say on the movies.  Truth be told, they are terrified of a Clark Kent looking student who wants to see them back on an army base polishing brass.

• Like 1